Sign in to follow this  
MTTMRC89

FSX T7 Freeze

Hi guys, I've experienced for two times the FSX freeze just prior to reach 80kt during takeoff. I've gave a look pressing CTRL ALT CANC and the result is that "FSX is not responding". I've an HP Pavilion HPE430.it, run Win7 64bit, on a intel core i7 870, Nvidia GT420 with 2GB and 8GB RAM memory.Please HELP!! Thanks!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG 777" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I had this problem and it is not a CTD.  FSX just freezes.  I worked with PMDG support and the only thing that helped was to remove the throttle processing from FSUIPC and handle it through FSX.

I ran into this problem, 6 hours into an 8 hour flight across the Atlantic, FS just froze with the engine sounds still going. Had to ctrl alt del. FSUIPC isn't controlling any of my controllers though.

Check out the AVSIM Crash guide pinned above in this forum. Did you run an AppCrashView report?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No...not yet.. I'll try to run the appcrash this weekend with a few free time! Anyway thank you very much!

Same problem here, I also have it on video. Already happend the second time to me - and that on my second flight ever with the T7.... :(

The video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987ibrSx9ig

My FSX is running on a Samsung 250 GB Evo SSD. As Add-Ons I use the PMDG T7, REX, Ultimate Traffic 2, Flight Beam Washington, Super Traffic Board and I record it with Fraps. My Joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Hopefully there is a fix availble soon, because in this stage, the T7 is just not usable for me.

PS: Oh youtube....they stop the video in the moment FSX freezes. Actually the video is 23 seconds longer, but the last 23 seconds are just a still picture with sound. SO the same problem as you had

I've had this happen numerous times. But then I decided, you know what I'll leave it the way it is and see what happens. So I left the sim the way it was 'frozen', came back 30 mins later, and voila the plane was continuing on to its destination.

Now whenever it happens I'm just patient, because if you just leave it the way it is it will respond back.

Just my experience with it

Now whenever it happens I'm just patient, because if you just leave it the way it is it will respond back.

You are exactly right! Wait until the system gets more resources and you can continue the flight. It's obvious to me that these T7 freezes are because of high "eye-candy" settings. Many have already experienced them. I had a lot of freezes when the PMDG 737 and more recently the T7 froze up. I simply waited and the freeze went away and I was able to continue (most of the time). I discovered this a couple of months ago. I had a lot of photoscenery installed and, in the background, I could hear my HDD constantly thrashing or running some type of operation. I tried to find out exactly what was taking up resources. Well, I ran Process Monitor and discovered all of my scenery was being loaded in the background whether I was going there or not. I decided to disable all of my addon scenery and only enable the scenery I would be using for a flightplan. That was it! My freezing problems went away totally.

Hopefully there is a fix availble soon, because in this stage, the T7 is just not usable for me.

I seriously doubt you will see a fix as this problem does not happen to everyone. You probably have a very low-end computer. Just because you have an SSD means nothing. The video provided no information. Did the T7 freeze? It did not look like it did but your were doing a lot of messing around with the FMC and you had a lot of Windows open which take up a massive amount of resources. Turn your settings down, not only in FSX but also in your display driver settings. Get rid of any tweaks. Tweaks will bring down a system faster than anything else. They do not work for everyone.

I hope you have had a chance to read the Introduction Manual for the T7. On page 21, there are discussions on VAS and how you can save resources. In the CTD Guide, we discuss these issues too. And, the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide we have prepared provides some excellent suggestions for proper running of FSX and FSX addons. You cannot buy a product and expect to turn up all sliders and get outstanding fps. As I stated, there is nothing wrong with the T7. It is the system that the T7 is running on that's the problem.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You are exactly right! Wait until the system gets more resources and you can continue the flight. It's obvious to me that these T7 freezes are because of high "eye-candy" settings. Many have already experienced them. I had a lot of freezes when the PMDG 737 and more recently the T7 froze up. I simply waited and the freeze went away and I was able to continue (most of the time). I discovered this a couple of months ago. I had a lot of photoscenery installed and, in the background, I could hear my HDD constantly thrashing or running some type of operation. I tried to find out exactly what was taking up resources. Well, I ran Process Monitor and discovered all of my scenery was being loaded in the background whether I was going there or not. I decided to disable all of my addon scenery and only enable the scenery I would be using for a flightplan. That was it! My freezing problems went away totally.

I seriously doubt you will see a fix as this problem does not happen to everyone. You probably have a very low-end computer. Just because you have an SSD means nothing. The video provided no information. Did the T7 freeze? It did not look like it did but your were doing a lot of messing around with the FMC and you had a lot of Windows open which take up a massive amount of resources. Turn your settings down, not only in FSX but also in your display driver settings. Get rid of any tweaks. Tweaks will bring down a system faster than anything else. They do not work for everyone.

I hope you have had a chance to read the Introduction Manual for the T7. On page 21, there are discussions on VAS and how you can save resources. In the CTD Guide, we discuss these issues too. And, the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide we have prepared provides some excellent suggestions for proper running of FSX and FSX addons. You cannot buy a product and expect to turn up all sliders and get outstanding fps. As I stated, there is nothing wrong with the T7. It is the system that the T7 is running on that's the problem.

Best regards,

Hi Jim,

thanks for your answer! I guess my pc is not as low end as you thought.

The Specs are (some of the were also stated in the Video description):

i5 4670 K @ 4.5 Ghz

GTX 770

8 GB Ram 1600 Mhz CL9

Asus Z87-Pro C2

Corsair GT 180 GB for Win7 64-Bit

Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB for FSX only

About the tweak story: yes I do use tweaks, but I also have a untweaked version of my cfg. With the tweaked version the FSX is running just fine and I get upto 120 FPS with the T7 at FlyTampas Dubai, just for example. With all the same settings but just the original cfg I hardly get 20 FPS. So they might not work for everyone, true. But, looking at the results, they seem to work for me. Also I get the crash with either one version of the cfg.

I use an external 4*20 lcd display to have a look at the usage of my ram, cpu, gpu and all the temperatures and I also log these values to find any possible bottleneck/reasons for crashes.You can get an idea of that right here, altough its in german.At the time of the freeze the ram was used up by 56%, core 1,2,3 were roughly around 80% and core 4 was at idle. The GPU was around 80%. Temperatures were also absolutley normal (below 60 degree celsius). So I really don`t have a clue where these problems are coming from.

About the video, as I stated: For some reason YouTube just shows the file until the moment when the T7 went into the freeze. Just at the very end, where I copied a waypoint to another position, the whole plane froze. My guess is, that because it is a picture/still, YouTube thought its unimportant, and cutoff the video right there.

I want to say you, really not in a offensive way, that you seem to me a little bit ignorant. You are strictly pointing at me and my - as you say - faulty system and don`t even consider that there might be a problem with the T7 that causes the problem.

@AndreRotate:

Thank for your input. I also had the thought - just wait. But I wasn`t as patient as you. I waited probably around 10 minutes, but sure not 30 minutes. If the problem should return, I`ll just try to wait longer ;) Anyhow it is, in times of SSD etc., really misterous whats going on. I mean, I am wondering whats causing the freez. If I would run FSX of a classic HDD I could somehow understand it, maybe he has to reload something, but its running of a SSD, so yeah, its really weird.

So with greetings from germany,

Nils

but I also have a untweaked version of my cfg.

And your settings are at the default (or near the default)?  My system is a bit more powerful than yours but I occasionally get low FPS depending on the scenario.  FSX was never made to run with sliders all to the right and display drivers set to max too.  Sure, it will run for a few days, a few hours w/o problems but occasionally you will see CTD's and/or freezes. A bad overclock will cause this problem too but the most deadly problem is VAS. 

want to say you, really not in a offensive way, that you seem to me a little bit ignorant. You are strictly pointing at me and my - as you say - faulty system and don`t even consider that there might be a problem with the T7 that causes the problem.

There are literally thousands of fs'ers, including me, who have absolutely no problems with the PMDG T7.  Why do I feel there's an agenda here to make it look like PMDG has really poor products that causes crashes (so don't buy it).  It does use a lot more resources than any default aircraft (I think they said 700-800 MB of VAS) and maybe some other products but this is the eye-candy people want.  Within the FMC they even have options for the best performance.

the ram was used up by 56%, core 1,2,3 were roughly around 80% and core 4 was at idle.

This has nothing to do with RAM/CPU.  So what if they were hardly being used or their temps were low?  We (that's me and PMDG) are talking about Virtual Address Space (VAS).  When it gets depleted or nearly depleted, goodbye FSX.  You could have 16GB's of RAM and it would make no difference.  Please read the T7 Intro Guide starting on page 21 regarding VAS.  AVSIM's CTD Guide has discussions about it too.  As I stated above, if you have scenery loading in the background (and you do), it is taking up system resources or VAS (you only get 4GB's).  When that is gone, FSX will crash.  The PMDG Intro Guide for the T7 provides information on how you can follow your VAS usage.  This is the problem when you have high settings and you have every scenery enabled.  When I disable 90% of my addon scenery, my problems with freezes, black screens, etc., went away.  We will be seeing more and more of these types of problems as more eye-candy type scenery (like Orbx/FTX, FSDT, BluePrint, MSEV2) are developed and released.

Thanks for your greetings from Germany, one of my most favorite places in the world as I was once stationed there (Heidelberg and Augsburg in the 70's) and that's where I met my spouse (well, former spouse but we are great friends).  A beautiful country.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM