Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Official "Fix List" from Prepar3D Team!

Many of the products that aren't working 100% in P3Dv2 have stepped outside of the FSX/A SDK in order to provide features that are simply not available from the SDK's limitations. As a result, some of those "workarounds" make them not 100% compliant in terms of backwards compatibility...

...with the inevitable result that some of the non-SDK "features" no longer work in this new environment.

Very excellent point Bill! We really have become so used to the advanced features of these aircraft that we forgot most aren't in compliance with the SDK.  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

And P3D's biggest supporter is also its biggest offender when it comes to not sticking to the SDK recommendations.

Cheers, Andy.

Wes updated the thread with this

Updated on 12/11: the 2.1 patch is going well, lots of issues and backcompat being worked on, will provide more information on release date when finalized. We will be doing much shorter iterations for the first few patches to more rapidly get the issues resolved out. Thanks again for all your support of Prepar3D v2!

Their support and non-shyness about being completely transparent and vocal about what they are doing is such a breath of fresh air

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

LOL. I can predict that response. Nvidia to LM. You need to change the way your doing things to work with our drivers that works great for Assassins Creed. :)

As long as Lockheed Martin are using the Directx3D API calls then the Windows  display driver model (WDDM) requires that  graphics hardware vendors supply a paired user-mode display driver and kernel-mode display driver.

Is it just me that gets these CTDs in 10 min  from the window being out of focus or minimized?  Its the virtual C++ error. Doesnt seem like its on the list or being ignored. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Is it just me that gets these CTDs in 10 min  from the window being out of focus or minimized?  Its the virtual C++ error. Doesnt seem like its on the list or being ignored. 

Did you install the latest C++ version/update? Someone posted links to the latest Framework and C++ files because P3D might not install them all properly or something like that.

It's almost certainly this one:

Memory leak with aircraft sounds not being freed if no sound devices are present

Remember FSX/P3D cuts audio when you defocus the sim, which is almost certainly implemented as the Direct3D sound object being disassociated from the sim.

Someone posted links to the latest Framework and C++ files

Ok thanks ill take a look around. 

It's almost certainly this one:

Remember FSX/P3D cuts audio when you defocus the sim, which is almost certainly implemented as the Direct3D sound object being disassociated from the sim.

Yeah but FSX doesnt crash just cause i minimize it. I only have on computer and minimize especially during cruise. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Remember FSX/P3D cuts audio when you defocus the sim

Unless you have disabled that 'feature'. I remember LM saying this has everything to do with no speakers or no headphones being connected.

Unless you have disabled that 'feature'. I remember LM saying this has everything to do with no speakers or no headphones being connected.

Well, I was getting that same CTD if I left it inactive, and disabling mute on loss of focus has indeed stopped the CTDs, so I honestly do think it's the same bug, worth testing for HighTowers anyway.

Many including myself are looking forward to GSYNC and it's now known that it will require true full screen mode to work, i.e. a full screen sized window is no good.

I would assume that LM discusses this while they have Nvidia on the phone, but maybe we should remind them.

I don't have P3D yet but you who do, maybe pushing to bring back true full screen mode as an option isn't a bad idea.

Or maybe Nvidia could make GSYNC work in windowed mode?

Yea, they've added improvements to the start screen to the list! Also, they've added rendering improvements to reduce OOMs.

"Just updated the list, will continue to provide updates to it. Some are taking longer than we expected to do them right, some are going smoothly.

Still tracking to a patch towards the end of this month.

Thanks!" 

From one of the developers on their forum. Not long now. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering