Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

ASN Simconnect will not function

Did it work for you?

Beautifully, It fixed several issues I was having sharing that port, for instance;  SimToutch2 Plus if I quit from FSX I had to restart the SERVER-PC, it seems also my FPS got a little better having all those addons in a separate port. I like to rum my SIM  setting to the max except a few I have to turn down a notch or so. because I rum 3 x 30" displays  also every effort to maintain 30fps is on the table.

I have asked many times how the structure of XML works, but nobody gave a answer until now, thanks again, you saved me a lot headache.

Rick 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I have read the forums but I still cannot get ASN to work with Simconnect, so if anyone can help please..

on my laptop I have

FSX Acceleration SDK

3 x Simconnect clients 60905, 61242 and 61259

I have put the Simconnect cfg file in main folder of ASN

On server machine (running FSX) I have

FSX acceleration

FSX SP2 SDK

2 x clients 61242 & 61259

I run Plan G with FSUPIC and WIdeFS with no problem, can I do same with ASN, or must use Simconnect?

Anyone an idea why ASN will not connect?

Clive.

I have read the forums but I still cannot get ASN to work with Simconnect, so if anyone can help please..

on my laptop I have

FSX Acceleration SDK

3 x Simconnect clients 60905, 61242 and 61259

I have put the Simconnect cfg file in main folder of ASN

Anyone an idea why ASN will not connect?

Try moving the SimConnect.cfg file (or a copy of it) on the client machine to your c:/<User>/Documents folder on the client machine.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Rudi,

Did not work, ASN message is waiting for Simulator.

This is the content of my cfg file. It looks correct, is it same as yours?

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.1.74

Port=4097

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0

IP address is of machine running FSX

Is the port number correct?

I now have a copy in the HiFI main folder, and my documents

Clive.

I first saw this and thought to myself, if you have the cfg in the ASN folder, Where did you put the other required files? The ASN PDF simconnect/Network tutorial is about as informative as it gets.

I read the web page and the step by step guidance on ASN about 5 times and followed the instructions, placing the cfg, in the HiFI folder

was a move of desperation on my part, to get the bloody thing working...

I also carried out the test of the config as recommended under section 5 and it worked immediately. This is why I cannot work out why

ASN cannot see FSX... very frustrating. I also installed the x gauges in all my panels, without hassles...

Clive.

On my client machine, the SimConnect.cfg file is in the Documents folder; in this .cfg file, make sure the IP address is your FSX machine's and the port number should be 500.

Simconnect can be a real pain, for sure.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hello Rudi.

I have removed the copy that was in the main Hifi folder, and only have it in the documents folder now

and I changed the port to 500.Do I need to do anything on the machine running FSX?

Agreed a real pain... if it could work with FSUIPC and WideFS, it would be so much easier.

Clive.

Take a look at page 89 of this .pdf file, which is the manual for ActiveSky2012: http://www.hifitechinc.com/AS2012.pdf

Yes, I know we're talking about ASN, but I found the Simconnect networking advice in this .pdf to be quite helpful. On the FSX machine, you'll need a properly configured SimConnect.xml file and a SimConnect.ini file put in the right folders...it's all explained in the .pdf.

Let me know how it goes, and I can share my files as examples later today when I'm back at home.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hello Rudi.

I printed out the above pages and read through it line by line. I cannot see where I have omitted or made a mistake in writing the config, ini and xml files.

I have taken pictures of each one. Which I can send to you if it helps?

There was only one point which may be the root cause.. at the bottom of page 89. there is a section "For Port"

they suggest port 500. This port will need to be enabled in any software firewall program you are running (including windows firewall)

example: <port>500</Port>

I looked under firewall settings and firstly could not see SimConnect as a program, I am wondering if this is the problem?

You have the option to browse for a program, if it wants a SimConnect path, which should I use, perhaps the xml file,

I do not know just guessing here.

Thanks for you help.

PS: Just attempted again with ASN and no luck.

Clive.

Kalibra - you should be able to open just port 500 in your firewall, rather than Simconnect itself.

Go ahead and post those images of the three key files; I can compare them to mine and see if there is any one issue.

Also, don't be shy about posting your issue in the HiFi support forum here: http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-Technical-Support

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Wayne.

I built a rule around port 500 using any protocol not just TCP but UDP also, still not working.

Clicked on more reply options to find the button to add pictures but I could not see it.

Is this how you add pictures on here or is there another way.

Good idea about the HiFI support forum,

Thanks.

Clive.

Yes networking is fine, and sharing across both computers is 100%

I have screen shots of files, which I am happy to share.

I asked Rudi how to attach files to these posts, any ideas? I thought i would find it in

"more reply options" but could not see anything like that there in the toolbar.

Cheers

Clive.