Sign in to follow this  
thepitts

LES.... SAAB 340A--thoughts/ reviews ?

If anybody has it I'd appreciate your thoughts on-

flying qualities, sounds, systems, failure modes, documentation, FPS relative to other aircraft on your system, immersion, value for money ETC.

For such a significant release in the X-Plane world it's difficult to find a good quality review.

The Saab is, in my opinion, the best aircraft available for XP10. The reason I say that is because the model is spot on, nothing is even slightly off. The texturing is in super high resolution, no blurries anywhere. The best custom sound engine in X-Plane, it's really really awesome to hear those props in beta ;)

It's all round perfect. One area it slightly lacks is the FPS, but the upcoming update will fix that. I have the other "great" aircraft for XP, the FF 777 and 757, FlyJSim 727, A320 NEO etc. But the Saab is the best I think.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

It is awesome, but that's an understatement. The SAAB is the most comprehensive aircraft currently in X-Plane IMO. Very immersive and everything Jesse said.

I'm impatiently waiting for the update ... because once I can get decent FPS I'll probably fly little else. At the moment I take short jaunts and treat it as focus-ed modular training missions targeting specific training outcomes.

No hyperbole, but in this plane like in no other, I really feel I'm in the cockpit .. especially landing, coming around on short finals, it's an experience that is truly visceral. It literally makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end ... and it feels so real that I can almost smell the avgas.

Cheers,

Kris P.

The Saab is amazing and is by far one of my top 3 aircraft to have in Xplane 10. You need to Know VOR to VOR nav as there is not a FMC. Now that being said, they do include a written tutorial on VOR to VOR nav that you fly along with. Real nice. The Docs are out of this world. You can Also check out my twitch Channel for highlighted video of the Saab or My youtube channel for full flight Saab Videos.