Sign in to follow this  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Use the default settings Mike - a lot of the tweaking needed in AS2012 is no longer necessary. After flying around and getting use to it, read the manual and you can find some settings you might want to turn on or off and do a "little" customizing - but little is needed.

Vic

I tried to switch off the default "force any broken cloud coverage to 7/8" - bad idea!   :rolleyes:

One more for the default settings and maybe, really perhaps, a little tweaking to your liking.

i'm using mainly the defaults, but i changed a few:

enhance overcast coverage - changed to 'on'   ... seems to fill in things better.. 

cloud draw -  min 90, max120   - helps get the clouds going out to the horizon better

max upper visibility- 115    - i like the max vis to be slightly less than that max cloud draw, that way the horizon looks more realistic as things kind of fade into the distance instead of seeing the hard edge of the clouds

i also turned force 7/8 broken to 'off' but i still need to try it both ways with more flights before i decide.

cheers

-andy crosby

The only thing I changed was the max upper visibility. I don't understand why Hifi made the default 150nm if the default max upper cloud draw distance is 90nm. What's the use of having 60nm of clear skies?

As requested by many, so you can see mountain/terrain features out past the CDD.  Anything we've done has generally been as requested by our users.. but of course, no 2 users are quite alike, so we need options to fine tune things to taste.

cloud draw - min 90, max120 - helps get the clouds going out to the horizon better

max upper visibility- 115 - i like the max vis to be slightly less than that max cloud draw, that way the horizon looks more realistic as things kind of fade into the distance instead of seeing the hard edge of the clouds

That's funny, that's the exact same setting and thought as me.