Sign in to follow this  
achoffm1

P3D V2 my thoughts

You're possibly quite right .......... but the fact remains that P3Dv2 is "more polished" than FSX out of the box. Your point therefore, in this particular thread, is quite irrelevant.

Really? - I don't think you understand what a polished application is.

Prepar3D has much improved graphics and additional features  compared with FSX but that doesn't mean it's more polished. My FSX ran out-of-the-box without obvious bugs, like the stuck throttle, of Prepar3D.

Also when  when I first installed FSX it gave much lower frame rates than did FS9. But then Prepar3D gives me much lower frame rates than FSX on the same PC.

Despite the fact I've found some very good things about V2 there are some issues that really look troubling to me and I quite frankly can't imagine how they will be addressed w/o some very fundamental changes.  Right now I would bet a fair amount trying to get something as complex as the PMDG NGX/T7 to run at default large terminals will essentially not be doable even w/ the best of hardware.  I say this because of how I see V2 behaving at these terminals, such as KORD or KLAX or any of the big terminals.  One can be parked at the gate, looking out at front view w/o seeing the VC cockpit, IOW, just a simple unobscured view of the side of an airport terminal and see frames in the very low 20's with very high end hardware.   I can only imagine in the PMDG stuff we will be back into the teens.  The very bad part is that moving sliders only affects this marginally.  We'll see of course, but to me something is fundamentally flawed w/ parts of the rendering engine.  A large area top-down view, for example at KORD at night will get you down to an FPS of 18 when zoomed out a ways, and the very sad part is the GPU isn't being leveraged for this.   See my thread re explaining poor performance in V2 in these types of settings.

Is that so ?

Huh...I must have imagined this then.

But wait ! I have screenshots !

Really? - I don't think you understand what a polished application is.

I don't think you understand how impossible your demands are. In fact, i know it, you repeat this same mantra over and over...

Regards,

Brian Doney

Is that so ?

Yes, it is so, and here is the shot that portrays this:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Yes, shots like that are always a part of my pre-flight, and I'm sure are a serious concern in any training environment worth it's salt.

I can find any number of completely unrealistic and utterly useless scenarios in which FSX falls apart too.

Not to mention, are those FTXG lights I see ?

EDIT: You know what, I'll leave it at this: If you have to go that far to find an "issue" then we are in good shape. It's not even that I think this shouldn't be looked at, but your hyperbole is misplaced. Troubled ? Not doable ? Nonsense. This is exactly why I flew the two transcons recently specifically using payware addon aircraft, and then again with addon airport scenery.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Troubling indeed. Having a hard time keeping my 30 FPS external lock here.

np1m.png

Regards,

Brian Doney

Agree with Brian.  And it's reason #1,243 why I'm only slowly installing addons into v2, and then doing thorough testing instead of copy and pasting my FSX directory into P3Dv2..

Here is a great example I didn't even post about because it wasn't a big deal to me. I finally installed KPHL again into v2 and decided to test instead of just assuming it was fine like I did during my first tour of duty in v2..  Things seem fine on the surface until suddenly.

2MqDhJN.jpg

So I unticked KPHL from the library and my day wasn't ruined... It's an FSX addon and I accept that.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I don't think you understand how impossible your demands are.

Impossible to detect and correct the full throttle bug before release? 

I don't think so as it evidences itself as soon as Prepar3D is launched.

Impossible to detect and correct the full throttle bug before release? 

This is only a bug, under certain conditions, If you have the sim load a default save (that you made, where the sim was paused), and then more your throttle to the idle position before unpausing the sim it is fine. Apparently the scenario screen and start up option was added at the last minute, and this could perhaps be causing this bug. 

Plus, according to THIS THREAD . . . this has already been fixed, since it is now listed under "Current fixed issues:"

I don't know what version of FSX you bought, but I bought my version as soon as it was available (back in 2006), and it had all sorts of issues!

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

He's been repeating the same ad nauseam since release.. I'm a stubborn son of a gun and even I got over the bugs and do nothing but log miles with a smile on my face now..   Yes there are bugs, they suck.. Dance around them and go fly somewhere..  Repeating things over-and-over-and-over-and-over again isn't going to fix them any sooner

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Honestly I don't care if people say negative things, I don't really read them they have nothing to contribute and probably have personal issues at home.

Anyways I saw a lot of folks here talking about tweaking ETC, part of my post was to basically say trying to tweak with P3D V2, I figured since I have a higher end computer I would post that it basically does not matter how much power your computer has the 3rd party items are not ready at all for P3D V2, I also simply pointed out a lot of 3rd party folks are adverting their products a P3D V2 ready, or have installer patches etc, is that it? Are they going to rework it? Or just simply try and patch and port? If so Ill go back to FSX.

Anyways Ill stick around I find it highly annoying that you have to have your first 5 posts approved… 

styckx if you don't like it then don't read it, did your mom tell you if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all? I would rather have this topic turn into a pool of ideas for the folks like myself who get some joy out of working around problems, and my post calls out 3rd party makers to simply stop adverting "ready" for P3d, again they are not ready at all.

Is that so ?

Huh...I must have imagined this then.

But wait ! I have screenshots !

I don't think you understand how impossible your demands are. In fact, i know it, you repeat this same mantra over and over...

Why don't you post a screen shot of your plane at the airport not zoomed out. Zooming out = increase in FPS for me on my computer, if I went close to where it has to have detailed texture your FPS will drop.

What? No one "down voted" anyone.. What does that even mean anyway? This isn't Reddit. You act like "disagree" is an insult. No one spoke to the OP in a mean way.. A bunch disagreed with his opinion and some gave a response with their opinion in nice way..  If disagreeing with opinion and responding in kind with your own is a crime so is agreeing with one.  

I can click and see who down voted me… Its funny since I have upset one person in particular that is just down voting just about every post I make.

Thank you for demonstrating the problem so clearly. 

A disagree is not a downvote. As Bill said, this isn't

Maybe if you had a little more respect for the community you are joining, in both tone and demeanor, you'd encounter a little less friction ?

Nah couldn't be that.

Regards,

Brian Doney

This is only a bug, under certain conditions, , If you have the sim load a default save (that you made, where the sim was paused), and then more your throttle to the idle position before unpausing the sim it is fine. Apparently the scenario screen and start up option was added at the last minute, and this could perhaps be causing this bug. 

I got it the very first time I opened Prepar3D before I had a chance to do any thing to it.

Plus, according to THIS THREAD . . . this has already been fixed,...

It has been fixed for v2.1. Until that's released it's not fixed on my PC.

I like how my mother is now brought up reflect the way I post on a flight sim forum.. 

Anyway.. I respect this forum too much to continue on this discussion and I'd just get myself in trouble.. On that note, for this thread..

zSFloh5.gif