Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Hi Jim and all,

OK sir, I'm going back to school at the first chance I get and I will follow line by line what you advise. Darned if I know what crazy thing I might have done. I did open the gauges file in FSX two days ago and found two cab files which contained annunciator files and gauge files so I copied them to my Metro  panel, long after all of this started. 

I do have a Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Modules folder and I will look for the MM3SM.dll 

FSX is installed in my computer on  E:\Games\Program Files   ( Program Files is FSX, I bought the computer already set up with FSX, used )

Good idea to check CZST, I don't even know what a junction link is but like I said, I will follow your advice line by line. I really appreciate your efforts Jim.

Regarding the newest installation: Fresh download, copy to desktop, open and follow prompts to successful install. I did not deactivate virus software. I will happily start over if you think I messed something up.

Cal

I'd try overwriting the dll.xml with the one I fixed in the .zip file according to the instructions I typed in the edit of post #266 and see if that works. If that doesn't fix the Metro then check for the FSUIPC menu item and the groundpoly at CZST and report back.

I'm sure this has to do with the dll.xml. Somehow FSX has to be able to find MM3SM.dll and the only way it can do that is through the dll.xml. The path needs to be correct, it's like sending a letter to PO Box 364 when it was supposed to go to PO Box 365 if the path isn't correct, it's close, but you may as well have sent it to Japan because the recipient isn't going to receive it. Now you're saying FSX is in E:\Games\Program Files yet the dll.xml shows just E:\Program Files for the Orbx stuff so I don't know what's going on. Try the above and if that doesn't work I'll have you try a few other things, the results of which should tell me where things are located so I can fix whatever's wrong with the dll.xml.

I don't think reinstalling the Metro will help because the installer will just mess up the dll.xml again. I wouldn't copy gauges around unless you have a good reason to do so, any gauges in the gauges folder are available to any aircraft so putting them into the panel folder won't change anything. It shouldn't hurt anything though for now.

Hi Jim,

Your determination to see me through this is humbling. I should be in front of the computer and not relying on memory. On my computer  Drive E is labelled Games so I think I've made an error listing it as E:\Games which would explain why we see entries    E:\Program Files\ORBX    and not E:\Games\Program Files\ORBX.

I can believe I've made several wrong turns and I will go carefully back to your earlier postings and work forward. I'm confident that a solution is at hand. I sure hope this is helpful to someone else who has issues. 

Thank you,

Cal

Great !!! thanks Bjoern..... i think it was me!! 

Redgars!

You're welcome. Thanks for pointing out the problem with the weather radar.

Now you're saying FSX is in E:\Games\Program Files yet the dll.xml shows just E:\Program Files for the Orbx stuff so I don't know what's going on. Try the above and if that doesn't work I'll have you try a few other things, the results of which should tell me where things are located so I can fix whatever's wrong with the dll.xml.

The dll.xml can work with relative paths starting from FSX' root folder, so the full path to the .dll is not relevant.

My entry for the Metro reads

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAZBAM Metroliner System Control</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>RAZBAM\MM3SM.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
and works just fine.

(Note: I use a custom named parent folder for the .dll file in my FSX root folder!)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Roger that Bjoern, so providing there's a MM3SM.dll in E:\Program Files\Addon Modules the dll.xml in the .zip file I posted should work. My plan was to try an absolute path if it failed though so that's why I was curious about the location.

Jim

Hey all,

I'm happy to report that I finally got the Metroliner in its entirety. It took a lot of trying things and I was ready to just give up and put it away.  I installed the clean dll.mxl that Jim worked out for me but I still couldn't get the lights, fuel gauges, electrical panel. 

I tried Jim's idea to check to see if I had object flow with winter flight at Stewart, CZST. When it opened my plane showed up high over the airstrip and so I decided that FTX Central was messed up. I was right, it wouldn't open and there was an info box saying a file was missing so it couldn't access FTX Central. It was different files which I located and moved to Scripts then I reinstalled FTX Central.exe many times but still it wouldn't open. I rebuilt FSX.cfg,

I then had to run chkdsk because my drive was faulty, I did a system restore , and I reinstalled ORBX Library, and reinstalled the Metroliner. I restarted but I had no yoke. I turned it off and walked away. I came back, checked all the connections and rebooted. When I opened FSX and selected the Metroliner, it was all working. I took a 1/2 hour flight playing with the lights and enjoying the panel, landed and started this report.

I  know I didn't do this in a smart way. I just tried anything I could think of because nothing was working and I had multiple issues. I don't know why it all happed but Jim really helped me with his corrections to my messed up files and good suggestions. Thank you, its great to be flying again and enjoying all that the Metro offers.

good flights, Cal

Jim Robinson definitely gets man of the match for this thread! ...... It is nice to see people truly out to help other simmers enjoy the hobby, wanting nothing in return.

Good on you Sir.  B)

I  know I didn't do this in a smart way.

That's okay. The trip can be a bit longer as long as you arrive at your destination in the end.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Jim Robinson definitely gets man of the match for this thread! ...... It is nice to see people truly out to help other simmers enjoy the hobby, wanting nothing in return.

Good on you Sir.  B)

+1     I hope in turn I can become helpful like Jim.

Geez, I don't think I did anything, sounds like you sorted it out yourself to me. Glad to hear you got it working one way or another though, have a great flight Cal. :smile:

Geez, I don't think I did anything............ :smile:

[Take the credit and RUN!........]   :ph34r: 

:lol:

err uh....anyone know how to fix or replace a non-working FTX Central ( Orbx ) ?  When I open it I get an alert that " object reference not set to an instance of an object".

The fun never ends does it?

good flights, Cal

err uh....anyone know how to fix or replace a non-working FTX Central ( Orbx ) ?  When I open it I get an alert that " object reference not set to an instance of an object".

The fun never ends does it?

good flights, Cal

Install their latest libraries from the support section of fullterrain.com