Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Cant close doors via the FMC

My engines were off at the time. It happened during pre-flight.

As for scenery, I have some UK2000 scenery but it was disabled at Heathrow at the time I had the door problem. I can't run the 777 with UK2000 Heathrow due to VAS issues. UK2000 Gatwick scenery was enabled though. However, I was still at Heathrow after I reloaded and the doors worked. So I still think this might be panel state related, at least in my case. Roll on SP2, hope that will fix these issues.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Just encountered this issue with the doors.

Noticed that I had accumulated over 1300 pages of panel state files in the FMC.

On further investigation, found some 19000-odd files / 826MB in the 777 panel state folder, the vast, vast majority were autosave files *.RTE, *.FMC and *.SAV, I assume courtesy of an over-enthusiastic FSUIPC.

Binned all the autosaved ones, problem gone.

+1

Ross Davey

On further investigation, found some 19000-odd files / 826MB in the 777 panel state folder, the vast, vast majority were autosave files *.RTE, *.FMC and *.SAV, I assume courtesy of an over-enthusiastic FSUIPC.

Binned all the autosaved ones, problem gone.

FSUIPC can be set to remove these aircraft-specific autosave files.  However I'm a little surprised these are causing door opening/closing problems as the autosave files don't do anything unless loaded as panel states or by loading the whole autosave flight.

Per the FSUIPC Advanced Users instructions:

AUTOSAVE: INI-file only options

AlsoManage, for additional files

Some add-on programs produce files when Flights are saved separately from the usual ones in the FSX flights folder, so

that the AutoSave option fails to manage their numbers, deleting older ones when the FLT files are deleted. The types

handled by default are FLT, WX, FSSAVE, PSS, FMC, ABL, RCD, SPB and IPCBIN. For any others, and files in other

folders, you have to manually add some lines to the [AutoSave] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file. As an example, for the

PMDG 747X these would be:

AlsoManage1=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

AlsoManage2=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.0.rte

AlsoManage3=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.1.rte

The path given in these lines is within the main FSX path. If you have anything installed outside the FSX path you'd need

to give the complete pathname, from the drive (e.g. C:\ ...) onwards (or the computer name for a Network in the usual

form, i.e. \\<name> ...).

Up to 32 “AlsoManage” lines can be given, numbered 1 to 32.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

This happens to me as soon as I start FSGRW!

If I stop FSGRW all is back to normal.

Curt Söderberg
Märsta, Sweden (ESSA/ARN)

This is what worked for me with this problem: I had just loaded the weather before closing the doors. When I reset the weather I could open the doors. I think there is some sort of pressure logic that keeps them from closing.

Just happened to me, too.

I noticed my baro setting was at 28.85.  Must have been because my previous flight had ended at EGLL, where the pressure was that low.

I reloaded the weather in Opus, and the baro reading was 30.15.  The doors were then able to operate normally.

Alan Davies

Alan Davies

I had the same problem today at EDDB (QNH 974 generate with ASN).

I changed the weather (QNH 1015) and closed the doors....

Thanks a lot

Eric