Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Looks like we have a working weather radar coming for the 737!

Looks like I will be switching from the NGX to ifly.

You must have an immense love for your weather radars? :biggrin:

Glad to see us moving forward, let's hope more devs jump on the bandwagon! 

Aamir Thacker

You must have an immense love for your weather radars? :biggrin:

Anything that makes flight sim more realistic.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Looks promising.

Is there a P3D v2 specific installer/version of the iFly 737? I have the FSX version, so I don't want to shell out again for a P3D installer.

Do we know any details regarding the wx radar? Will it be a purchasable addon?

Ed Haslam

Is there a P3D v2 specific installer/version of the iFly 737? I have the FSX version, so I don't want to shell out again for a P3D installer.

It's a $15 upgrade fee.

Aamir Thacker

Ok, thanks.

Just been reading the iFly forum and it appears that there is no upgrade path from the FSX version to the P3D v2 version. Unless I've got it wrong - it all seems opaquely clear...

So $95 + ASN to try out the weather radar in p3d is not going to happen...

Ed Haslam

If they could get their 737 to work under windows 8.1, I might give this combo a shot. Don't really want to retrograde my setup. Mind boggling that iFly would limit their customer base... Might be a staffing problem ?

Seems more of a ground-based cloud radar return embedded into the ND to me... Not an aircraft WXR.

Seems more of a ground-based cloud radar return embedded into the ND to me... Not an aircraft WXR.

I agree!

It doesn't look any different to what's already available.

That info is still going to be given as METARs and is interpreted as such in the sim.  Whilst there ere people working on ideas. For the moment all you will see is a quasi satellite image.

This weather radar "debate" goes on forever! Until such time (if ever) a developer announces that they have a weather radar that trully reflects precipitation in front of the aircraft this subject is a dead duck. Cloud representation and weather engines would have to be re-written from the ground up.

Until such time (if ever) a developer announces that they have a weather radar that trully reflects precipitation in front of the aircraft this subject is a dead duck.

That would be ASN.  Check their feature list.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;