Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Thanks for the development news, what about the DC6!

Hi all,

Happy new year to you all, and thank you Robert for the news on the 777-300 and 744v2. 

While I realise the forums get flooded with questions about, when will this be out or that be finished which I know get very annoying at times I noticed there is no mention of the DC6 in the update news mentioned by Robert at Christmas.

I know PMDG won't release any release dates, that's not what I am asking. All I'd like to know is whether the DC6 is still being worked on, as I remember it being one of those projects that is an "As and when, we have time" project.

That's it, all I wanted to ask.

Thank you and Happy flying.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

(GASP) That's it, for the longest time I felt like I was missing something... THAT'S what I was supposed to be working on, the DC-6... RSR is going to FIRE me... (groans)

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

sits back and watches with intense interest...awaiting RSRs response.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the comment, lol, made me smile that. Do you think RSR might wait until after you finish the DC6 before he fires you?

I was watching a great video on youtube all about the restoration of the Red Bulls DC6 and got me wondering, as it led a previous life looking just like your DC6 lovely paint job it carried in Africa.................Maybe your DC6 will come with Pre and Post Red Bulls colours, mmmmm.

Happy Flying guys,

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I'm still scratching my head as to which platform I am supposed to export the model for....

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

At moment,i was consider should i purchase A2A b377 before PMDG DC6?  

Fjsharry, I would buy the A2A B377 before waiting for the DC6. I mean no disrespect to PMDG but I think you might get alot of mileage out of it before the DC6 comes along in my opinion, maybe even have to service your new B377 a few times too!

It will be great to have another high quality large prop, I hope for FSX in my case but others will want it for P3Dv2 I bet. 

Well I guess you can practice your navigation and routes in the B377 first before the DC6 appears.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

At moment,i was consider should i purchase A2A b377 before PMDG DC6?

I second what Dave says.  It's a great aircraft!

Fjsharry, I would buy the A2A B377 before waiting for the DC6. I mean no disrespect to PMDG but I think you might get alot of mileage out of it before the DC6 comes along in my opinion, maybe even have to service your new B377 a few times too!

Great plane, isn't it?  I think I've gotten more miles out of my B-17, but I don't think I've given the 377 enough of a shot, unfortunately.  Both are great sims.  Even the start procedures of the B-17 are pretty awesome.

Kyle Rodgers

I think I might revisit 377 if it works in P3D 2... need to find out...

It will be great to have another high quality large prop, I hope for FSX in my case but others will want it for P3Dv2 I bet. 

Well I guess you can practice your navigation and routes in the B377 first before the DC6 appears.

I second what Dave says.  It's a great aircraft!

Great plane, isn't it?  I think I've gotten more miles out of my B-17, but I don't think I've given the 377 enough of a shot, unfortunately.  Both are great sims.  Even the start procedures of the B-17 are pretty awesome.

How about coolsky DC-9 class,i still compare both aircraft,one is propeller second is jet,both was old time aircraft.

Have any idea ?

I love the coolsky DC-9 but you can't go wrong with A2A.

Hi leel,you meaning can't miss both?

But I can only choose one cause I have no much time to flight both. Like aerosoftt dhc-6 I not fly it since I buy it.

Hi leel,you meaning can't miss both?

But I can only choose one cause I have no much time to flight both. Like aerosoftt dhc-6 I not fly it since I buy it.

Yeah that's what I meant.

I like the DC-9 because at least its still used in large parts of the world.