Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Thank you John, for some great freeware releases for FSXG

With all the pro's and con's traffic over your most recent release, VECTOR, I would just like to acknowledge between those posts...., and to thank you for the great support and freeware airport packages (six to date!) ORBX has released for the heightened, user enjoyment of your FSX-G product.  This product has changed the game-play for FSX and myself.  I just updated FSX-G to v1.20 from off your support page, along with the rest of the airport packs I did not have installed as of 1/1/14.

The airports are simply wonderful, and make FSX-G that much more valuable to this user.  Thank you ORBX as the umbrella org behind these releases. I look truly forward sometime this year, to your OpenLC regional offerings, and hope they lock down that premium update, and take the FSX-G product to new heights of virtual reality.  I am looking most forward to this release.

Happy New Year, John V, and all the staff at ORBX. You are a major player in how FSX looks today on my monitor, FSX-G and all freeware and payware regions, etc...and am grateful you came into the game those many years ago.

Thank you for the FSXG scenery packs to date.  I flew pack 6 yesterday around Hawaii...and had a blast island hopping to each creation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sesquashtoo 

Hi Ses!

But I thought FTX-G was still only on 1.10?  Where did you get 1.20 from? I want it too!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It can be easy to confuse when cross posting, you do know your not in the ORBX forum?

ZORAN

Hi Ses!

But I thought FTX-G was still only on 1.10?  Where did you get 1.20 from? I want it too!!!!!

Off their support site...look for the FSXG section, and you'll see that they did an update, as the version 1.10 did not fully render out FSXG and left some original FSX textures in place. All I know, is after my update, Hawaii looked really good yesterday! :)

Here's the link:  http://fullterrain.com/support.html

It can be easy to confuse when cross posting, you do know your not in the ORBX forum?

You mean not the actual on-their-site forum?  Yes...I post to the AVSIM side of things, and know that John V. does lurk here.... :)  He will see it....and that was my intent. I do appreciate the freeware that he has released. They do not have to (ORBX)...but they do.  Thumb's up for this!

Just to show it is not all about criticism I totally agree with the comments by the OP. The way Orbx continue to develop their products, and in many cases free, is fantastic service.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

they are going back to re do all of Australia ORBX lights! Or did they do that already  :blink:

ZORAN

I've been flying around the hawaiian islands too. Mesh and FTX Global really did wonders to those islands.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I've been flying around the hawaiian islands too. Mesh and FTX Global really did wonders to those islands.

Rayz, did you download and install Pack 6?

Sure did! Can't go wrong with free.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

they are going back to re do all of Australia ORBX lights! Or did they do that already  :blink:

That has been done, and the installer release for P3Dv2 is imminent, just doing final testing. Then that will be closely followed by all the NA regions with the new lights for all three sim platforms, then NZ. I do realise that there has been a bit of a lag between P3Dv2 and updating those regions for it, but adding the FTXG lights is mainly a manual process which has taken some time.

We're also beginning to roll out stand-alone new versions of our AU payware airports for P3Dv2 that leverage new tech and the shadow system of that platform.

Oh, and thanks for the kudos and feedback for the freeware, we have hundreds more free airports for FTXG coming in 2014 and quite a few payware-quality freeware stand-alone airports too, the first being EDBH.

It's been a crazy busy 2013 and the team is just having a little breather with their families before we release NCA Northern California and openLC Europe in Jan/Feb.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Sesquashtoo

I think you would love the Orbx forums, lots of people like you there, you'll love it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I was flying over Austria yesterday (with Summer textures) using Global and if you you told me it was photo scenery I would have probably believed you (realistic? well Ive never bee there so WTH?)

Regards

Tim