I have been having trouble with FSX freezing, looking at the forum this seems to be a problem on ASN on longer flights.<br /><br />My question is when it freezes, I go into task manager and it says fsx is not responding. If I wait about 8 minutes does fsx continue working? Because at the moment I am ending the task, leaving me frustrated about not been able to fly!! <br /><br />So if I wait 8 minutes, fsx will continue?<br /><br />I have just seen the post about unlimited frame rates, so will try that tomorrow.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Robert<br /><br /><br />Robert

Hi!

I have the same problem. For me FSX continues to work after 8 minutes. Sometimes I have 1-2 freezes on a 12 hour flight. Sometimes up to 10 freezes. For me, setting framerate to unlimited, didn't help. I know it did for some guys. I have now opened at ticket on HiFi, hoping they can help me with the problem. Let me know how it goes on for you.

Alex

I am having this problem for quite some time.

1. It is 8min exactly every time.
  2. Aircraft used or route does not seem to make any difference.
  3. Frame rate setting does not seem to solve it for me either.
  4. WhatIsHang reveals nothing material (at least to me).
  5. Happens with AS2012 and ASE (not tried ASN yet).

Seems something like that the sim does not cope with well but I cannot nail it for a long time.

Please do not let this thread die unanswered. :unsure:

Is there anybody that knows what can have a process/cycle time of 8min?

Strange problem. Have any of you tried to use ASN or AS2012 on a networked setup.  This may solve the problem as I have never had these issues when running over a network.  Note that networked setup uses Simconnect so no need for FSUIPC.  If you have an old laptop around it might be worth a try.

Mark   CYYZ      

I have the same problem and i wasted enormous quantities of time debugging stuff until i found the culprit. I changed hardware, reinstalled Windows + FSX several times (imaged my SSD so i could play a bit), changed textures, messed with addons... I was left with the only thing that was common to all the freezing situations: Active Sky.

Thing is, it also happens with AS2012. Back then when i used AS2012 i had these freezes very rarely but never looked into them as i thought it was simply FSX acting up. This time around i let FSX sit for a while and after a few freezes i noticed that after a period that varies anything from 5 minutes to 9 minutes FSX will unfreeze and resume normal operation.

Leaving ASN out and running FSX gets me rid of the freezes. I am also using latest FSUIPC, so that's not the cause i think. I had bought Opus when it came out and i have been using it until something can be done about this, i can't trust ASN as it is because i fly online and i don't have the luxury of sitting 8 minutes in mid-air when under ATC control.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Nuno:

With the NGX, wich I fly almost exclusively, I got rid of the freezing by setting frame rates to unlimited in FSX. I also updated the Nvidia driver. Others have tried this fix after me, with success.

With the PMDG 777, I still got freezing though. However, after updating Realtek HD sound driver and disabling all other sound devices except Realtek HD, I belive I have gotten rid of the freezing in the 777 also. 

Note: I have default sound device set in FSX. 

Nuno:

With the PMDG 777, I still got freezing though. However, after updating Realtek HD sound driver and disabling all other sound devices except Realtek HD, I belive I have gotten rid of the freezing in the 777 also. 

The T7 has a documented issue about that freezing and if you let it sit it clears itself up. They are supposed to address that in their service pack release.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi,

I also had trouble with 8 minutes freezes after which FSX resumes. In my case I first experienced this issue with the PMDG777. After weeks of testing i found it was caused by the ATC chatter files that played in the background. After turning them off i never had another freeze.

Recently i had the same freeze with the airbus extended. Again i could prevent the freezes by disabling the flight and cabin crew sounds that play in the background.

So I'm quite positive this is caused by some sound conflict. Possible fixes so far:

-Update and install correct Realtek driver instead of default windows version

-Disable the option in audio config of windows that allowed applications to take exclusive control of your audio device

-install and update nvidia hd audio drivers

-disable all audio devices except onboard device

I'm not really sure if one of thess will 100% solve this issue, however i believe the solution to be sound related!

Nuno:

With the NGX, wich I fly almost exclusively, I got rid of the freezing by setting frame rates to unlimited in FSX. I also updated the Nvidia driver. Others have tried this fix after me, with success.

Thanks,

I'll try the audio trick because i always had unlimited framerate and the freezes happen. They happen with any aircraft (LevelD 767, 737NGX , Aerosoft A320, PMDG 777). I tried so much stuff i just can't think about anything else.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The T7 has a documented issue about that freezing and if you let it sit it clears itself up. They are supposed to address that in their service pack release.

I know it clears up. What I am saying is that I think I have fixed it. But nice to know they are looking into it.

Hi!

I have FS Passengers and use ATC chatter in the background from that add-on. Could that be the issue of the 8-minute freeze. Did not have freezes with ATC chatter in AS 2012, only with ASN.

Alex

Was this ever fixed ? as I am having this same problem, I have raised a ticket with HIFI.

Go to windows process task manager and right click on the ASN process. Then select "affinity" and deselect core 0 for ASN. 

So, is this still a big problem? I'm giving thought to buying ASN for the 777 when the 300 makes it's arrival.

Dave