Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Gadgets to Monitor System

http://addgadgets.com/

Look at these gadgets to monitor your system in realtime. What is that GPU load and temperature?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Why did you post this twice? Anyway thanks for the hint.

Spirit

The Windows desktop gadgets system has been shown to have serious security issues. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Blackrat

WARNING to all WIN 8-8.1 users. I installed it and it crashed the whole system. Had to reinstall the OS and ALL my programs. Have used it in WIN 7 and there it works and is a useful tool.

I've some gadget working in Windows 8 and it's good to know about your experience, thanks.

Spirit

Before you use ANY gadgets on windows please, please read the following

Instead of writing Gadgets for what is basically a defunct feature of Windows, the company now invites developers to use HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript to build Metro style apps for Windows 8 Release Preview, the precursor to the new Windows 8 operating system.

Uh... no conflict of interest there, nope nope.

Microsoft has issued a security advisory urging users to install an update that disables the Sidebar and Gadgets features on Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems due to a potential security vulnerability.

Has anyone installed an update that disabled their gadgets?  I have no idea, because I turned off updates long ago as every time I got one FSX would start crashing again.

I depend on my security software to keep unwanted people out of my computer.  It will block Internet access to any program unless I specifically allow it.

EDIT:  This is from July 2012, a year and a half ago?  Looks like this security update was optional.  That seems odd.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Personally I wouldn't go near it...

23.png

I've been using the CPU Meter and Network Meter ever since I bought my Windows 7 machine without problems.  If you're worried, invest in some good security software.

The GPU meter didn't work on my system so I use a different non-gadget program to monitor the GPU.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

This one I have used and it work very good in WIN 8-8.1

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

========================

Very nice find. Works as well as my individual monitors. I still need the network monitor. 

More parameters to monitor as well.   Thanks...

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA