Simconnect.cfg

[simConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=FRYSELECTRONIC
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=8192
DisableNagle=0

Hmm...those look good.

When you do a search of c:\ for simconnect, how many do you have and what versions do you have on both systems?

(x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_1ed9da73c880e429_10.0.62608.0_none_6994c60660d9a3f3)

You can also try running the simconnect.msi installers to repair your installation. (they're in your SDK folder)

The last thing I can think of is to make sure your firewall isn't blocking port 500.

EDIT:  you want at least version 61259

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Simconnect.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<Address>FRYSELECTRONIC</Address>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Port>500</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>8192</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

Simconnect.cfg

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=FRYSELECTRONIC

Port=500

MaxReceiveSize=8192

DisableNagle=0

Try this: That is, just copy and paste

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<Address>FRYSELECTRONIC</Address>

<Port>500</Port>

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

<Address></Address>

<Port></Port>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I have version 61259.

I have version 61259 dating back to August 2011 when I put FSX on here. 

Here's the btstrp.txt file which shows

04/07/15 12:36:04 SimVersion=1, FsVersion=0
04/07/15 12:36:04 SxS path: C:\windows\winsxs\*
04/07/15 12:36:04 Simconnect 10.0.61259 being initialized...
04/07/15 12:36:04 Connected...
04/07/15 12:36:06 Sim is not running
04/07/15 12:36:14 check point 1... passed
04/07/15 12:36:14 check point 2... passed
04/07/15 12:36:14 check point 3... passed
04/07/15 12:36:14 check point 4... passed

It seems like your SimConnect is loading up fine as AS sees it and connects to it.  The problem is that SimConnect isn't talking to your FSX computer.

How about your FSX system?  Are you able to run the AI Traffic program on your FSX machine and see if it connects to FSX (make sure FSX is running)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

It's not loading on my FSX system, but AS Evolution loaded on there earlier today. 

Is ASE on your FSX system and is connecting?

If the AI Traffic isn't connecting, then SimConnect isn't working.  Are you sure ASE isn't connecting via FSUIPC?

Try two things:

First, reboot both your machines (hard shut down...power off and on, not just a restart via windows).

Try running FSX again and running the AI program on both. 

If that doesn't work, then what I recommend is running the newest SimConnect.msi (I'm assuming you have FSX Accel or FSX Gold SDK installed) on both your systems to ensure you don't have a corrupt simconnect dll.  Again, shut down and reboot both your machines.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I'm not very expert on this, but mine is working.  I have a dual Steam/Box installation.

1)  My simconnect.xml file, on the Server (FSX:SE) machine has the following entry

<SimConnect.Comm>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <Address>HOME2C</Address>
    <Port>3290</Port>
  </SimConnect.Comm>

It does not have the two lines:

2) Regarding Simconnect.cfg on my client/ASN computer, I have

MaxReceiveSize=4096, not 8192.  This value is in the ASN instructions for networking, and when I changed it from 8192, the setup started working much better.  Here is a link to the ASN instructions:

http://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/3/networked-configuration-with-simconnect

My whole entry looks like this:

[simConnect]
Protocol=Ipv4
Address=HOME2C //NAME OF MY SERVER/FSX COMPUTER ON MY LOCAL NETWORK
Port=3290
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

3)  There have been a couple of posts that put an IP address at Address=, instead of a computer name.  But your local router may change that number depending upon how it is setup -- for example if you change one or both of your networked computers from a wireless to a cable connection.  So it's better to use the server/FSX computer name, HOME2C on my system.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The Simconnect.ini diagnostic shows the following first few lines:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.01136 Server: Scope=global, Protocol=IPv4, Address=FRYSELECTRONIC, Port=500, MaxClients=64
0.02137 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
0.02257 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=49217, MaxClients=64
0.02377 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=49218, MaxClients=64

Now, WideFS isn't connecting either. My problem seems similar to this one. I've tried reinstalling the SDKs

Hi, Brittany,

Sometimes in the past I have had to use the IP address instead of the computer's network name, for unknown reasons.  The first thing would be to make sure that your server/FSX computer's name is correct.  Take a look from your CLIENT (ASN) computer and see what name is showing up for your SERVER/FSX computer in "Network."  Then make sure that the exact same name is showing up in WideClient.ini (on the client computer), in Simconnect.xml on the SERVER/FSX computer (most likely in C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX or FSX-SE depending on your setup), and, finally, in simconnect.cfg on your client computer in the documents folder.  While you are at it, make sure you can access all the necessary folders on your SERVER computer from your CLIENT computer over your network.  Sometimes I have found that my client computer doesn't detect my server computer's folders unless I actually go to them from my client computer -- even though the server computer's folders have the proper permissions.

There is also something in ASN's networking instructions about reinstalling FSUIPC after you have installed ASN to get it to work properly

I also have fixed IPs assigned to each of my networked computers.  These settings are accessible by logging onto the wireless router.  I actually have two IP assigned settings for each computer that can be run either through a wireless connection or through a cable connection, but each entry has the same computer name for the same computer -- in my case HOME2C for the server/fsx, and HOME2D for the client (which has ASN and WideClient).

Hope this helps.

Mike

PS: As was said in the other thread, if you do assign specific IP addresses in the simconnect and Wideclient files, you will need to assign fixed IPs to all computers involved.  For me this would mean constantly changing IPs, as sometimes I run them wirelessly, sometimes w/ network cables plugged into my router, and the IPs are different.  I agree that it would be "stunning" if an update to ASN interfered with these network settings.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

0.02377 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=49218, MaxClients=64

I may be wrong, but based on the simconnect log, I'd say the problem is that your server simconnect is binding to the computer name and 127.0.0.1 local address, but not the the network address.

I'd use the IP address here and problem should be solved.  If unsure, type ipconfig at cmd prompt and it will show you the LAN network address for that adapter.  Use this same IP in the simconnect.xml (server) and simconnect.cfg (client).

Also to be sure, make sure there are no rogue simconnect.cfg files in the ASN program file folder.  There should ever only be one simconnect.cfg, in your mydocs folder.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Okay, I changed the name on the Simconnect and that problem has been fixed.  I have nice "green letters"  Unfortunately, no luck with WideFS as of yet.

I have nice "green letters" Unfortunately, no luck with WideFS as of yet.

You will probably need to enter the correct server ip address in your Wideclient.ini on the client machine as well.

All this messing around with ip addresses is why it is a lot easier to just use the server machines "name" in place of the ip address, then it will never change unless you rename the machine.

Keeping track of static ip addresses on a network of multiple machines is a pain in itself so folks let there routers assign addresses by DHCP which are always going to be a moving target when you have config files with explicitly stated ip addresses.

Using the Machines "name" gets you neatly around this madness once and for all.

You will probably need to enter the correct server ip address in your Wideclient.ini on the client machine as well.

All this messing around with ip addresses is why it is a lot easier to just use the server machines "name" in place of the ip address, then it will never change unless you rename the machine. set and forget.

That was the problem...for some reason, the "name" wasn't being recognized.  For some reason, I have the same problem, hence why I set my IP as static through the network settings on my machines (plus, I prefer using other DNS addresses instead of my provider's as I have better server response!).

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png