Sign in to follow this  

Patch getting close

Wow, that fixed list looks pretty meaty and impressive - particularly keen on seeing the micro stutter fix result. Really looking forward to this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have FSX installed but I never use it any more.

I'm pretty excited that VRS has looked over the lopsided results of their TacPack for P3d2 poll and they appear to be considering a P3d2 license (see below from their forum, Varmint is one of the authors of TacPack). That will be when I uninstall FSX for good. I already uninstalled XP10.

Hi,

a question to the dev team from VRS, first of all you are one of the best and I love the Superbug with Tacpack it´s my favorite add on for FSX. Now my question and I´m sure thousands would know as well, can we hope for a Superbug with Tacpack for P3DV2? I switched already completely to P3dv2 and I´m sure many will do so as well. I´m very happy with P3dV2 main reason no more blurries DX11 etc.. Any chances to get our most wanted add on for P3Dv2??

(of course I would buy it again)

thank you in advance regards Harry

VRS Varmint: Yes, there's a very good chance, but then that's what this entire topic was about from the start.

No amount of dislikes, disagreements or comments to the contrary can erase that fact that LM presented a “bug filled” release.

Despite extensive usage, I've not experienced a single bug or crash of any kind in P3Dv2 since the day it was launched.

Methinks the Hyperbole Express has just pulled into the station.

Wes posted today that the patch will be around 100 MB (that's small!) and there also will be a complete new installer (around 10 GB). It's nice to have options. ^_^ I will certainly download that patch first and later on (when things have settled down and speeds are normal again) I will download the complete installer for whenever I need/want to reinstall P3D v2. It's getting real close now...!!!

Wes posted today that the patch will be around 100 MB

I already have it Jeroen ... didn't you get it last night?  ;)

Good news indeed. I just moved into a new house and I have not unpacked my system. So my question is this:

Should I

1.Find my sim stuff and get it ready for the patch

2.Continue to unpack other stuff like underwear, food, bed sheets and other things.

Bob

Despite extensive usage, I've not experienced a single bug or crash of any kind in P3Dv2 since the day it was launched.

Methinks the Hyperbole Express has just pulled into the station.

Although I don't agree at ALL with the er... negative view of the person you quoted, it is a fact that LM solved around 50 bugs for the upcoming patch. So you may not have had any problems (lucky you and I am happy for ya! ^_^ ) but you can't deny there were quite a few bugs, some of them quite obvious too (like in 'How could they have missed that one!'). I've had my share of CTD's and (mostly) OOM's and a few bugs annoy me every day I fly.

I already have it Jeroen ... didn't you get it last night?  ;)

So you've been time travelling...? VAS problems solved? ^_^

Should I

1.Find my sim stuff and get it ready for the patch

2.Continue to unpack other stuff like underwear, food, bed sheets and other things.

If you have a wife, girlfriend/partner [male ot female :wink:] etc. then no.2 - out of duty and to show willing... otherwise no.1 regardless of incoming patch, as you should know where your true priorities are :P

Phew ...100 meg is nice and small... I had  visions of dl'ing gb's with hundreds of other desperate simmers at dial-up speeds... :Waiting:

VAS problems solved?

That problem was actually solved by setting Vegetation = Normal ... just that and only that setting, everything else I've been able to turn back up and no OOMs ... another OOM reduction is to avoid (as much as possible) products that inject (create) SimObjects and/or use legacy processing (think FS8).  I'm not saying this is optimal, but it's how I've work around the VAS issue.

Check my video out:

Building density extreme, 3rd party Aerosoft airport, 3rd party A2A C-172 (which is on the high side of VAS consumption).  Come on Jeroen, ya gotta admit, that's not bad visually ... even at dusk which we know is worst case in terms of VAS.

I'm looking forward to the 2.x patch, but I've still been able to enjoy myself "as is" in P3DV2.

Rob.

That problem was actually solved by setting Vegetation = Normal

Unlike my kids I prefer my veg :wink: though your vid looks pretty damn amazing B)

Are you running shadows cast from veg as well?... as I turned them off for trees etc. but left them on for buildings. The frame rate hit was too much for me with shadows cast from veg, much as I would like it... I do love those shadows.

I tend to be a 'bush' flyer, so have opted for a balance in the opposite direction... with buildings at 'Normal'.  I would like to have both at Very Dense, but am no doubt asking too much of my PC :Praying:

I like my Veg too ... but life's a compromise.

Here's my shadow settings: 

98310e4e8d43810ae59bcd8c7f3dd9ea_aeue.jp

I did bring up my thoughts about Shadows and Veg over on LM forum here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=5245 -- I must have worded my thoughts wrong, Beau seemed to think I was discussing AutoGen issue I know they already addressed ... my thoughts were more on shadow implications with the Tree type geometry (2 rectangle polygons with unique textures with alphas on either side).

Rob

Gettings closer: Wes posted this today:

"We shipped a beta patch to some industry partners, and they are testing it and providing us feedback. We are fixing the things they reported as broken, so we are in the final stages of the patch. I'll update the fix list here this afternoon."

Gettings closer: Wes posted this today:

"We shipped a beta patch to some industry partners, and they are testing it and providing us feedback. We are fixing the things they reported as broken, so we are in the final stages of the patch. I'll update the fix list here this afternoon."

Looks like things are imminent,  I would not imagine that the code would contain any show-stoppers at this point.  Great news.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Wes posted this on the LM forum:

"We are on track to release it this week."

So now we are REALLY getting close…  ^_^

So now we are REALLY getting close… ^_^

Hurrah!

So, how long will it take for the first complaint, stating the patch 'makes things even worse'? :P