Sign in to follow this  

Patch getting close

Wes updates his post again and says:

"Finishing up the patch. Working with some 3rd party devs on some of the remaining major backcompat issues, tying up some loose ends, it is shaping up nicely and we are very proud of all the fixes we got in below, we think that the 2.1 patch will be a great first patch for Prepar3D v2."

Great, but... they are finishing up the patch while two very important problems haven't been solved yet:

- Bug - Texture loading engine causing multiple texture sets to load

- Rendering Performance - Further optimize autogen system

I am beginning to worry those things won't make it in the patch. Which btw is called 2.1 after all, apparently!

But well, there are a lot of fixes, of course, so I am looking forward to the upcoming release (should be within a week now!). Let's hope for the best...!

Great, but... they are finishing up the patch while two very important problems haven't been solved yet:

Just a quick count show that they have addressed about 60 or more items out of 71 known issues. This has been done in about a month and a half and during a time when most take off a lot of time for holidays. Why can no one on this board just say thanks guys for a great effort. It is poor manners, cheap shot and trashy.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I am beginning to worry those things won't make it in the patch. Which btw is called 2.1 after all, apparently!

I hope these make it into the 2.1 version, but they are listed as "Issues Being Worked On", so there is hope that they will make it either into this point release or the next.

The good news is things are getting refined and optimized.  Next point release (v2.2)should see more new features being added.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Just a quick count show that they have addressed about 60 or more items out of 71 known issues. This has been done in about a month and a half and during a time when most take off a lot of time for holidays. Why can no one on this board just say thanks guys for a great effort. It is poor manners, cheap shot and trashy.

I agree, they did a great job by fixing most of the issues. I'm sure they will fix the others soon.

Why can no one on this board just say thanks guys for a great effort. It is poor manners, cheap shot and trashy.

LOL Don't worry. I already said THANKS numerous times on the LM forum (LM might miss my THANKS over here anyway!). ^_^ My post here was just to say that Wes updated his post and the patch is getting really close. The fact that I hope a few things will be solved before they really finish the patch, has of course nothing to do with "poor manners, cheap shot and trashy" but everything with my love for this great sim. ^_^

Thanks J for the heads up.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Here's hoping those two items fall under: "Working with some 3rd party devs on some of the remaining major backcompat issues".

The autogen optimization especially, as I've yet to experience the texture bug, but I'm really hoping the agn thing will give us some relief with the OOMs.

as long as the mirco stutters are fixed Ill be happy.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The autogen optimization especially, as I've yet to experience the texture bug, but I'm really hoping the agn thing will give us some relief with the OOMs.

My experience has been the opposite; I almost always have to switch my TML to fix tree textures, but haven't experienced a single OOM.

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Does anyone have any info or can point to the thread where the multiple texture issue is talked about?  I use FSEarthTiles and I'm wondering if I'm having that problem.

My experience has been the opposite; I almost always have to switch my TML to fix tree textures, but haven't experienced a single OOM.

Hi Phil, out of curiosity where are you running your agn vegetation slider and do you use "POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1"? I'm trying to max mine out (testing - and because I can in FSX) and sometimes I can fly around for an hour, other times given the same scenario I'll see an OOM two minutes into the flight. Something different happens between two different sim sessions occasionally, it's just strange.

The OOM and high temp bugs are show stopper. I'm glad those were squashed by 2.1!

Bill Moore

Nice to hear that the patch is coming. I only wonder that it will be 2.1. Did 2.05 fall under the table? Anyway I'm not in a rush to get any patch. If it comes then it comes whenever it will be or is there anybody who need it urgently? Maybe some guys need the patch to finish some final tests to get a certificate?

Spirit

Hi Phil, out of curiosity where are you running your agn vegetation slider and do you use "POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1"? I'm trying to max mine out (testing - and because I can in FSX) and sometimes I can fly around for an hour, other times given the same scenario I'll see an OOM two minutes into the flight. Something different happens between two different sim sessions occasionally, it's just strange.

Both Autogen sliders are at Very Dense and I'm not using POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1.

13.jpg

I think I can get away with those settings too without the OOMs, it's just that half my trees go away and I went to some trouble putting them there so I'm trying to max everything out, lol. I gave up on POP_FREE_AUTOGEN too and that seems to help, but I was impressed with it and I'd like to use it. I can deal with it if "Further optimize autogen system" doesn't happen in this patch though, what they've already dealt with so far is amazing.