Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

DC-6

As all others, I just cant wait for this one.......

But to long silence from PMDG, it would be very nice if someone from the PMDG Team could throw a little light into our DC6 dark..... B)

I was just wondering what happened to this one.

Nothing.   It's still a work in progress, and one we can look forward to.

DC6??? Surely not!! So many more things PMDG need to focus their amazing efforts upon! Like a decent, accurate, PMDG special 757 or 767. Or a 747-200. Now that would be epic.

Loooove PMDG aircraft so much though that even if they did a DC6, I'd still buy it. :P

------

John Price

Except, some of us are really looking forward to a classic propliner done in high quality - a plane you actually have to fly instead of just pushing buttons when you hit 400AGL...I'm not buying the 747 because it's too similar to the other Boeings...take a page out of the Majestic playbook and give me something I have to really study...

Colin Ware  Seattle

:lol: know what you mean kyle hehe

The problem is that apart from one other company who recently made a very good propeller aircraft, PMDG are the only ones as far as I am concerned who have ever created really excellent flight sim addons that behave like the real aircraft, look like the real aircraft, sound like the real aircraft and have failures like the real aircraft. That is why you get so many saddos on here who argue with and question every PMDG decision and badger the managers for release dates etc. - because as flight simmers, we know the only absolute guarantee of superb, immersive simulation has the letters PMDG on it. I just thought it was a bit weird to simulate a fairly obscure aircraft, very few of which remain in service and which has not been manufactured for 55 years when there are very, very popular aircraft out there absolutely begging for the PMDG touch.

HOWEVER: just to reiterate, I will buy anything that has PMDG on it and whilst I do not have a girlfriend or a hugely rock'n'roll lifestyle, I have more of a life than to argue with people and badger people on forums/managers of PMDG. I am excited to bursting point about the new PMDG 747 (perfect for my virtual airline flying) and I'm sure the DC6 will be lovely.

John Price

Um, MD 11, Jetstar, the default version of the 777 - all pretty "obscure" if you look at hull numbers built.  All excellent and interesting aircraft however...

Perhaps the XPlane project will be a DC-3, since Robert and Co. own one...

Colin Ware

Seattle

Any News?

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Any News?

All news is posted and stickeyed in the General Forum.

Kyle Rodgers