Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Topic Deleted...

I'm sorry-what the heck is happening w/ avsim forums now for months?  Out of hard drive space?  Not enough memory? It is so common to get 'Service Unavailable' now and in general even when that's not happening it's just so slow here.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Have you paid any attention at all to the number of folks online these days? Add to that total the number of bots and DDOS* attacks, and it's a wonder the forum server handles all the load at all!

*DDOS: Distributed Denial of Service is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of efforts to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet. As clarification, DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks are sent by two or more persons, or bots. (See botnet) DoS (Denial of Service) attacks are sent by one person or system.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What does this have to do with "Topic Deleted"?

As for your complaint:  As Bill said -

Everyone that has visited the site for the past few months has experienced slow response times including the Moderators and Staff.

Tom is working diligently on getting this fixed as fast as possible.  Bill gave some very good reasons for the slowdown and there some others he didn't mention.

Please be patient.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Have you paid any attention at all to the number of folks online these days? Add to that total the number of bots and DDOS* attacks, and it's a wonder the forum server handles all the load at all!

Of course, just wondering WHY it's so different here, months on end, than it is at zillions of other web sites we frequent regularly.  That's all, just wondering what is so different about avsim's server environment than the others.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Have you paid any attention at all to the number of folks online these days?

I just left a website with 8900 users and it was very quick? Being a novice, how does having 800 online effect speed?

What does this have to do with "Topic Deleted"?

I created a new post w/ a poll in it.  When done, I clicked the 'POST' button, at which point after the wheels spun for 45 seconds, I got the 'Service Unavailable' reply, therefore I had no idea if the post made it.  So I did it one more time, it went thru this time, but then I discovered it was a duplicate post.   So I changed the second post/poll to Topic Deleted, since I see no way to actually delete the post.

Noel