Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Manfred John's C47 v2

the plane does not follow the HDG it just starts going left and right all the time and no matter what I do, it does not stop.

What can I do? anybody has a clue?

the sim default autopilot functions should work, but you must uncage the attitude/horizon indicator, perhaps this is the source of your troubles.

cheers

-andy crosby 

the voice checklist will not proceed unless you performed the command or if said item is in its correct position.

Thanks, You are right. I have now figured out how to use the checklist.  Still hoping to get some help on the engine starting.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Hi Aviator man,

you can start the engines manually in P3D 3.x, but it is a bit tricky. I am not an expert on this plane and it always takes me a few minutes to accomplish it, but then it works. Sometimes I reload the plane first.

I think the checklist is basically correct, but I open the fuel levers earlier and sometimes I also play with the feather switches. And I use fuel primers a lot.

Peter

you can start the engines manually in P3D 3.x, but it is a bit tricky. I am not an expert on this plane and it always takes me a few minutes to accomplish it, but then it works. Sometimes I reload the plane first.

Hi Peter

Thanks, and I finally figured it out by consulting the manual that came with the installation download (I have the v3 btw, not the v2). Basically you have to engage the starter and turnover the engine several times with the magnetos OFF and fuel pump ON, and mixture IDLE CUTOFF, then you turn on the magnetos, increase mixture to 50%. and engage starter again and prime until it starts. It took quite a lot of priming before the engines started. I guess the actual C47 was tricky to start.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

This simulation is so addictive I find myself going back to it to see all the features they have simulated! Its still beta and still free!

The engines are modelled with great detail. Look at the info panel and the steam gauges. Each engine runs at dissimilar parameters.RPM, MAP, mixture setting, oil temp. Oil pressures, all these affect the fuel flow and thus consumption.

It struck me that to fly this well, you must become an aviator!

For engine starting, some twin wasps had inertial start, (energise then mesh) some had the crank, like this simulation.

This link has a good selection of checklists and a start flow.

http://pcmuseum.tripod.com/dc3/dc3operatingprocedures.pdf

When they put the florescent night lights in, we can do some night flying! I understand, they are going to introduce full page checklists, like the interactive Aerosoft Trotter! All this as a free beta!:-)

Possibly this will be good training for that A2A Connie?

Cheers

David.

This link has a good selection of checklists and a start flow.

http://pcmuseum.trip...gprocedures.pdf

Wow, an old Quebecair DC-3 operation procedure....  nice find...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Wow, an old Quebecair DC-3 operation procedure....  nice find...

Bienvenue!