Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Manfred John's C47 v2

Hi guys,

I've edited the internal wav files to lower the sound volume themselves for when Jan released the vintage cockpit.  Many want to have a complete package instead of downloading all three packages.  So I think when v.3 is released everything will be together in one package.

Great job LHookins!  This was my first sound pack and had limited experience.  Manfred convinced me to release it, as I was not going to.

TuFun

Well TuFum, whether it was your first sound pack or not, apart from the volume issue, you've done a  brilliant job. Thanks from me and no doubt everyone else who's now flying this wonderful old girl!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Great job LHookins! This was my first sound pack and had limited experience.

Thanks!  I think you did an incredible job in any case.

After my first flight with the too loud cockpit engine sounds, I went back to the normal DC-3 sounds.  Later realized I could edit the engine volume in FSX, so tried that, and realized that your sounds were just too good to give up.  I experimented with various sound volume levels and found one that I liked with FSX volume at "normal".

I did discover that there was no PROP entry in the sound file, and no noncombust sounds for the right engine.  Doesn't seem to matter, just mentioned for completeness. :)

I can't imagine flying that plane without your sound pack now.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I've never ever used control-shift-V and control-shift-C.  Click on the percentage and try left click to close the flaps 10%, right click to open them 10%.

Hook

The not being able to right / left click on Cowl % came back today. Doing it with keyboard keys always works.

I will try to find out what is different on my system.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks!  I think you did an incredible job in any case.

After my first flight with the too loud cockpit engine sounds, I went back to the normal DC-3 sounds.  Later realized I could edit the engine volume in FSX, so tried that, and realized that your sounds were just too good to give up.  I experimented with various sound volume levels and found one that I liked with FSX volume at "normal".

I did discover that there was no PROP entry in the sound file, and no noncombust sounds for the right engine.  Doesn't seem to matter, just mentioned for completeness. :)

I can't imagine flying that plane without your sound pack now.

Hook

Thanks for pointing that out.  When I contacted Gary Jones, who did a DC-3 sound package, I received permission to use his example as a template.  His package didn't use props and only one set of uncombust in is config file. I didn't notice it or think about adding the right side.  Gary told me no biggie.  In his opinion... not necessary.  I will added the right engine uncombust.

The internal sounds are balanced with the externals by looking at the sound waves using Audacity.

I sent Jan (cockpit builder) the lastest soundset for him test.  He actually told me if it wasn't for my sound package, he would not have come out of retirement. :Big Grin:    Also, the fuel pump sound is now incorporated in the sound package. No need to change the default sound.   Still learning! :rolleyes:  :lol:

I'm uploading a video of how it sounds.  Will post it soon.  TF 

Update:

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:172]

• Upvote 3

I do not get the beacon or strobes to turn on?

Best Regards,

I noticed  many errors logged for the C47 install in P3Dv2.1 (hot fix) ... this is a sample:

[error.0]
error=Key values exist outside of a section:
 File:F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\EFFECTS\fx_cranky_dc3_tff.FX
 Key:Ted Wolfgang 10-17-13

[error.1]
error=Duplicate Section Name
 File: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\EFFECTS\fx_cranky_dc3_tff.FX
 Section: Emitter.2

[error.2]
 Section: Particle.2

[error.3]
 Section: ParticleAttributes.2

[error.6]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V2\aircraft.CFG
 Section:fltsim.5
 Key:atc_id

[error.7]
 File: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V2\aircraft.CFG
 Section: Cameradefinition.3

[error.8]
 File:F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V2\aircraft.CFG
 Section:autopilot
 Key:max_bank

[error.9]
 Key:yaw_damper_gain

[error.32]

[error.33]
 File: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V2\aircraft.CFG

[error.34]

[error.35]

[error.37]

[error.38]

[error.39]

[error.40]

Best Regards,

My only small problem is that I find it very hard to read and tune the included GPS.  Is it possible to also have it as a larger pop up gauge?

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I use Ezdok for fsX and p3D .... for looking around the VC and also for looking at and using specific gauges (zoomed up nice and close.

Actually, I prefer the 2D cockpit .. so, for all aircraft that only have VC, Ezdok fixes that problem.

Best Regards,

Is sim out house website down?

ZORAN

Thanks.  I will take a look at EZDOK and see if it does the trick.  I just purchased ORBX No. Calif and am downloading it now.  Can't wait to fly it in the AA DC3!

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

It must be blocking my location (bangkok) 

ZORAN

I was wondering if it is possible to make the included 530 GPS into a pop up gauge?

[WindowXX]
size_mm=500,632 366 + 266
background_color=0,0,0
//window_size=0.342, 0.576 = 70%, 100% (4:3) = 0.488, 0.823
window_size=0.256, 0.576 = 70%, 100% (16:9) = 0.532, 0,823
//window_size=0.285, 0.576 = 70%, 100% (16:10) = 0.592, 0,823
position=2
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
type=SPECIAL
gauge00=FS9Garmin530_Basler!GNS530_nc1, 0,0,500,366
gauge01=FS9Garmin430_Basler!GNS430_nc2, 0,366,500,266

It must be blocking my location (bangkok) 

Did you get an Error code or Message?

Had this happened to you with other sites?

Best Regards,

Thanks.  I will take a look at EZDOK and see if it does the trick.  I just purchased ORBX No. Calif and am downloading it now.  Can't wait to fly it in the AA DC3!

The nice thing in Ezdok is you can do a view of the overhead ... or just the fuel panel zoomed e.g.

Any gauge e.g. can have its own view .. or any portion of any panel .... just one click away.

It is well worth the $ and it works with all VC views in all aircraft ......... no editing required.

Mslim provided a nice 2D popup (above) .... which could also be undocked and put on a second monitor ....  !!

Best Regards,