Sign in to follow this  
lcseale53

Good Payware MD-80 and Panel

Lago Sim is coming out with one soon, it looks pretty decent from the million screenshots they have on their site, with an FMS and all.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I too would be interested in such a package. The only think close that I'm aware of is the Iron Knuckles package from Flight1. No personal experience with it though. I believe it's only a DC-9. But, speaking of DC-9's, there is a wonderful DC-9 available at http://www.hilmerby.com/. Really first rate as far as functionality and it's freeware to boot. This is recommended by 4 out of 5 dentists.Jay Eklund

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

no need to pay, theres an awesome package in the library for free. bp_md81_final.zip with a great looking VC.

The combo of Jet City and Lago is probably going to be pretty amazing! The Jet City DC-9s are gems. I use the excellent Leon Seale adaptation of Paul Golding's panel for those planes.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Erick_Cantu

I'd plug my model but unfortunately, even though it's more advanced than the payware MD80s available, you don't have to pay - sorry!

Well I don't mind plugging it Erick! :) The best MD-80 series model out there, bar none, is Erick's SGA MD-80. He has also done the entire range of the DC-9 series just as well. His 9 is the best looking and flying one I have used. As far as the cockpit goes, Lago's looks great and seems to be highly accurate according to folks who have or are testing it. Right now I use the panels by Paul Golding and I'm very happy with what I have for free. You can also find some great sounds over at SGA for all the different versions of the 9 too.Hornit

I've never tried your freeware models but they definately look fantastic. Thanks for the hard work. I'm a stuck-up VC junky so I only touch something with a dynamic VC

Don't know if any of you saw it, but after I uploaded the FS9 version of Paul's MD80 panel, I uploaded two updates. The first was at the request of a poster on the forum here, and resurrects the orange on red autopilot display (gauge and new bitmap included). The second update is a panel config file that removes an errant epr gauge (if I remember right) sharing space with the fuel quantity gauge. FYI.gsmd80_9u.zipgsmd80_u2.zipRegards,Leon