Sign in to follow this  
Spike190

Caught in a repeatiing "Microsoft Flight Simulator @ - Security Warning" loop

Did some checking in control panel and I AM showing as the "Administrator."    

Just went to the installation program for the Cit X and right clicked and chose "Run as Administrator."   However, the screen that pops up (the Eaglesoft Development Group Citation X 1.0 FSX Install Program) doesn't give me the option to repair or remove.  Only shows "Next" or "Exit."   Pushing next brings up the license screen prompting me to "agree."   The next screen shows the installation path....and the last screen prompts me to "start" the install.  

So.... how do I uninstall the program (for the Citation X plane) since it doesn't show up in the programs folder .... so that I can reinstall it as you've advised?

So.... how do I uninstall the program (for the Citation X plane) since it doesn't show up in the programs folder .... so that I can reinstall it as you've advised?

All installers should give you the option to repair or remove so I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong.  There is something else on your system that is prohibiting you to do certain things.  Following up with bonan and olli's suggestions to run FSX as an Administrator.  Did you do this as this is definitely the issue here.  You can right click the FSX icon on your taskbar (if it is there) and then right click Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then select run as Administrator.  If the icon is on your desktop, you can do the same thing.  Then, when the trusted message comes up select Yes (or No if you want this message to show up every time you run FSX). 

You state that "did some checking in control panel and I AM showing as the "Administrator"".  You still have to tell programs that are installed on your computer that you are the Administrator.  You are the one authorized to run things on your computer system.  Once you tell it this information by running FSX in admin mode as bonan and olli4740 suggested, you should be okay.  Like olli stated, this should be only one time.  You can also go into the main FSX folder located at C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  Right click on FSX.exe and then select Compatibility tab then look for Privilege Level.  Click on "Change settings for all users" and then at the bottom, make sure the Run this program as an administrator is checked.  Doing this and you won't have to always right click the fsx icon and run fsx as an administrator.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just check your fsx.cfg is not read-only!

In can be found in your %appdata% folder.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

All installers should give you the option to repair or remove so I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong.  There is something else on your system that is prohibiting you to do certain things.  Following up with bonan and olli's suggestions to run FSX as an Administrator.  Did you do this as this is definitely the issue here.  You can right click the FSX icon on your taskbar (if it is there) and then right click Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then select run as Administrator.  If the icon is on your desktop, you can do the same thing.  Then, when the trusted message comes up select Yes (or No if you want this message to show up every time you run FSX). 

You state that "did some checking in control panel and I AM showing as the "Administrator"".  You still have to tell programs that are installed on your computer that you are the Administrator.  You are the one authorized to run things on your computer system.  Once you tell it this information by running FSX in admin mode as bonan and olli4740 suggested, you should be okay.  Like olli stated, this should be only one time.  You can also go into the main FSX folder located at C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  Right click on FSX.exe and then select Compatibility tab then look for Privilege Level.  Click on "Change settings for all users" and then at the bottom, make sure the Run this program as an administrator is checked.  Doing this and you won't have to always right click the fsx icon and run fsx as an administrator.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

To all:

PROBLEM SOLVED (YEA!!!)    

The looping of the security warning screens actually was what should have happened.   I started to notice that each time I clicked on the first screen it was showing a new GAU number under "NAME."   So... I just kept on doing this clicking and finally the screens stopped popping up and the Citation X appeared in my flight in place of the previous aircraft.  Apparently, there are a large number of GAU files associated with that Citation X that needed to be "Trusted."

I want to thank you all for trying to help me with this pesky problem.   The answer was right in front of me in my initial posting here when I mentioned the discrepancy between the GAU 11 and GAU 12 on both screens.   Lessons learned!!!!!

Mike

Glad you found the fix Mike.  It can sometimes get very frustrating.  Now go fly the Citation X.  I had this aircraft in my hangar for some time but had not reinstalled it.  Now I want to but somehow lost the password to validate the purchase in the Flight 1 wrapper so working with Flight 1 to get that resolved.  I changed e-mail addresses since purchase so that has really complicated the Flight 1 system.  I'm anxiously awaiting the next version from Eaglesoft too.  Hope you enjoy your new computer system!  I hope you take advantage of the AVSIM profile system and enter some information in your profile about your new system and also information about what sim you are using and what add-on's you have installed (see my profile on the sidebar under my Avatar).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Gentlemen, the CX1.0 for FS9/FSX had an inordinate number of gauge calls that needed to be clicked thru for FSX Version. That was done away with in CX2.0 for FSX Version, now there are only a few for CX2.0. Hope this helps. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Glad you found the fix Mike.  It can sometimes get very frustrating.  Now go fly the Citation X.  I had this aircraft in my hangar for some time but had not reinstalled it.  Now I want to but somehow lost the password to validate the purchase in the Flight 1 wrapper so working with Flight 1 to get that resolved.  I changed e-mail addresses since purchase so that has really complicated the Flight 1 system.  I'm anxiously awaiting the next version from Eaglesoft too.  Hope you enjoy your new computer system!  I hope you take advantage of the AVSIM profile system and enter some information in your profile about your new system and also information about what sim you are using and what add-on's you have installed (see my profile on the sidebar under my Avatar).

Best regards,

Thanks Jim...

I was one of the long term holdouts from porting over to FSX from FS 2004 since I had that computer and software tweaked to (at that time) perfection.   I'm loving this new setup from Greg and Ken at Jet Line.   I've been doing the flight sim stuff since FS 4.0 in the late 1980's and have progressively updated my hardware to keep up with the newest version of the software.   I'm a 64 years "young" retired Naval Officer and retired Pediatric Dentist (since 2001).  In 2011 I earned my private pilot's license and fly a C172SP (steam gauges) and C172SP G1000 from an FBO in San Luis Obispo, CA (along the Central CA coast midway between LA and SF.

Please advise how to find my profile so that I may enter that info that you mentioned.

~ best,

Mike

Gentlemen, the CX1.0 for FS9/FSX had an inordinate number of gauge calls that needed to be clicked thru for FSX Version. That was done away with in CX2.0 for FSX Version, now there are only a few for CX2.0. Hope this helps. B)

Thanks Ron.....

Mike

Please advise how to find my profile so that I may enter that info that you mentioned.

Just go to your username in the upper right corner of AVSIM and click on My Profile.  The information about yourself is excellent and would fit nicely in the About Me section of your Profile.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Just go to your username in the upper right corner of AVSIM and click on My Profile.  The information about yourself is excellent and would fit nicely in the About Me section of your Profile.

Best regards,

Just filled in my PROFILE....  

Mike

Just filled in my PROFILE....  

Mike

Well done and a nice Avatar too!  Your computer specs are close to mine (but I built mine).  Four monitors is nice too.  No wonder you were in a rush to get that Citation X working!  :lol:

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

So here we are, 8 years later ! This is bloody frustrating.  Why have Microsoft not fixed this?

I had to reinstall Steam FSX and the problem started all over again.  Problem is that any instructions regarding changes made to Microsoft Security are so out of date.  The screens have been changed and the required choices are not shown.