Sign in to follow this  
hillsboy

Freeware for Spain

has anyone tried the Spain freeware by Fran Garrido and if so can you offer your thoughts?

Yes, downloaded the entire sets and installed as instructed.

I love it. The only issue is it takes a lot of time to d/l the files.  Fortunately I have a high bandwidth and account that lets me d/l to my hearts content.

Unfortunately for me the drive I used to store the downloaded files, died and I lost the originals so I am doing them again so that I have them backed up somewhere.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yes. I have it too and it is definitely worth the time downloading. How can you argue with free anyway? Seriously though, it's at least as good as MSE stuff, if you've ever tried their stuff. It's not perfect but there are very few photoreal sceneries that are due to source material.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes. I use it all the time with AirHispania, my VA.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

The flyaway link is to the manual and answers the question as to the resolution.

Another vote for 'have it, love it'!

As people have said - it's a big download but it's well worth the wait. Includes the Canaries and Balearics as well. Incredible for freeware. I got it via the torrent links in the PDF guide, and it came down pretty quickly.

Hi.  Does anyone know what happened to the Spain Photo scenery.  I copied some links, one of which is the same as the one above,  

http://deckard.uv.es/index.php?dir=SPAIN_PHOTOSCENERY%2F

but it and ever other link I try via other sources on the net are dead.  It's as if the entire collection has been pulled from the internet somehow.  

I even managed to get the the rar file containing the torrents via a source other than in the manual, from this site

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18421221

because that link in the pdf manual was dead too, but there is zero activity (no peers) so that is not working either.  I swear it was just a couple of months ago when I checked out and copied the link and it was working then.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Scott 

I just found out via another avsim member that this link:

http://deckard.uv.es...N_PHOTOSCENERY/

is now working again, and I also discovered another link for 1m/pixel scenery for all of Spain:

http://www.vuelosave...a.com/index.php

I'm not sure if they are the same scenery, but some of the download names and the order they are in are different, so they may be different sceneries.

They both look pretty good though.

Cheers,