Sign in to follow this  
ViperXBR

I really do dislike the media....

PMDG 777 is getting a lot of press now, and as you would expect from the media, focus is now on the fact that this incredible simulation is available to everyone... I wouldn't be surprised if hysteria will have consequences for the sim community.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

And knowing the American media/public, have been worried about the heat the flightsim community might receive.

The American media/public has already forgotten any references to flight simulators.  In fact, they've forgotten MH370 and are now totally fixated on basketball.

H. L. Mencken wrote: Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

PMDG 777 is getting a lot of press now, and as you would expect from the media, focus is now on the fact that this incredible simulation is available to everyone... I wouldn't be surprised if hysteria will have consequences for the sim community.

The number of support topics on AVSIM will increase within a short time - sounds really sick, but it's inexpensive advertising for them ...   B)

The American media/public has already forgotten any references to flight simulators.  In fact, they've forgotten MH370 and are now totally fixated on basketball.

Exactly! 

March Madness!

I think the fact that it is still completely missing in action is partly why it might die down a bit. If something is found it'll pick back up with a roar. But some people cant believe you can just "lose" an airliner, as the media likes to say. The world is huge, oceans are massive...if it is never found, I will believe it. But there are folks who just cant comprehend it and need an explanation for the unexplainable.