Sign in to follow this  
ViperXBR

I really do dislike the media....

This has already gotten pathetic. I guess that's just human nature to start speculating and developing any thinkable theories...even some real world pilots on social media do this. Let's just stick to the facts and to what we know as of now and let the search team do their job. Eventually they will find the plane (or its wreck) and we will know more.

A pilot with an interest in aviation? Why, that's as good as a confession. Somebody's definitely getting a Pulitzer for this one.

A friend of mine, who flies for a mojor US airline, has a tremendous FSX setup at home and flies the NGX and 777 on his days off - he's one of  the most passionate and knowledgeable pilots I know so far.

A friend of mine, who flies for a mojor US airline, has a tremendous FSX setup at home and flies the NGX and 777 on his days off - he's one of  the most passionate and knowledgeable pilots I know so far.

Isn't that a bit sad?

I like the part where it says "Suspicion has fallen on the pilot because he is one of few people aboard the aircraft who had the skills to divert the aircraft from its planned route to Beijing". HE WAS THE PIC of course he had the skills to divert to the appropriate alternate along the route.

Gavin Price

Isn't that a bit sad?

In what way is that sad?

People in the media, lawyers and politicians should all be used as test subjects on deep space exploration trials. It's because of these three groups that at least the US, if not the world, is the way it is. And it's just getting worse!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Isn't that a bit sad?

The only thing sad about it is the number of people who don't get to do something they love for a living.  Then come home and do it in their spare time.

I used to get paid to write computer programs 10 hours a day, then I'd come home and do it a couple more hours at night, and often on weekends.  I found something I loved. 

Beats watching TV.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I have been thinking about this since the media got wind of the captains FS use. And knowing the American media/public, have been worried about the heat the flightsim community might receive. People calling for its ban, reduction of simulation accuracy, regulation ect ect. And another thing, I wonder what boeing thinks of this.... Being a public company that has to look after it's investors, wonder if they might distance themselves from PMDG if it is found that he used FS for purposes of diverting the aircraft. I don't buy into any of the pilot conspiracy theories so I doubt this would happen

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Being a public company that has to look after it's investors, wonder if they might distance themselves from PMDG if it is found that he used FS for purposes of diverting the aircraft.

I highly doubt any sort of action will be taken. 

I don't think the Captain or Copilot were involved with an intentional diversion of flight 370. 

I wonder what boeing thinks of this.... Being a public company that has to look after it's investors, wonder if they might distance themselves from PMDG if it is found that he used FS for purposes of diverting the aircraft.

Yes, cause obviously him being an actual 777 captain, didn't give him the knowledge to do so..

He really needed a sim to learn a plane he was flying in real life.... :rolleyes: