Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

PMDG 747 v2

Hey guys,

I did a little searching around the forums to see if i could find any info about this, maybe i'm just blind, but i couldn't find anything.

So i am wondering what kind of info about the 747 v2 is out there? Is there any screenshots or official news from PMDG regarding it?

I am really looking forward to it, as i am sure many others are as well :)

Thanks for any info you guys can provide :)

Cheers,

Kim.

Yes it will come out and no SS yet, but don't hold your breath for it to come out and don't ever take PMDG "hits" at a time without throwing huge about of salt over your shoulder.

There is still a vid on PMDG site showing the NGX "coming Summer"(or something like that, it was 14 months later. There doing a DC6 and 13 months ago said "this will be in your hands very soon". yer right!!

Love PMDG JS/NGX/777 there the best but boy....never believe any hint at a time frame. The SP1 for the 777 was hopefully going into beta last Monday, now when people talk about the FBW system in the current version as wrong PMDG said changing this was...something along the lines of "that wont take long" and implied it was an easy fit. Now it's not in beta because the FBW is still not right....PMDG, legions in many ways.

Years ago they came to Europe and did a presentation on the 777 and went on to say the NGX was so late coming out because it was a bulding block/module for the 777 and 747 so these aircraft would not take long to build around 6 months to a year each, them vid's have all been taken down and when asked said they could not remember saying that!

There aircraft are the best, there support is top class. There time frames and hints are pitiful

Why make a post saying "hopefully" beta started next Monday? did it? NO. Why not just give a update and when...when its in beta tell us, "it's now in beta". There where huge "hints" it was going into beta months ago..../sigh. like a SS on there facebook 24th dec showing the new 300 with "Gear up on this Boeing 777-3B5/ER!!"

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You missed the PMDG forums here?

Apparently i did..

And every single day someone opens a topic about this.......

Did not know that, sorry about that..

Yes it will come out and no SS yet, but don't hold your breath for it to come out and don't ever take PMDG "hits" at a time without throwing huge about of salt over your shoulder.

There is still a vid on PMDG site showing the NGX "coming Summer"(or something like that, it was 14 months later. There doing a DC6 and 13 months ago said "this will be in your hands very soon". yer right!!

Love PMDG JS/NGX/777 there the best but boy....never believe any hint at a time frame. The SP1 for the 777 was hopefully going into beta last Monday, now when people talk about the FBW system in the current version as wrong PMDG said changing this was...something along the lines of "that wont take long" and implied it was an easy fit. Now it's not in beta because the FBW is still not right....PMDG, legions in many ways.

Years ago they came to Europe and did a presentation on the 777 and went on to say the NGX was so late coming out because it was a bulding block/module for the 777 and 747 so these aircraft would not take long to build around 6 months to a year each, them vid's have all been taken down and when asked said they could not remember saying that!

There aircraft are the best, there support is top class. There time frames and hints are pitiful

Why make a post saying "hopefully" beta started next Monday? did it? NO. Why not just give a update and when...when its in beta tell us, "it's now in beta".

Ok thanks for your answer :)

I wish PMDG would employ Kyle Rodgers for all forums Announcement etc, He is very helpful, his video's are fantastic but no BS and does not suffer fools gladly.

Top guy. Just says it how it is.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hype is part of the business. We get top class product they get hype an interest - win win.

In the gaming industry Hype has killed a lot of games because they took too long, people move on. I am real close to giving up on the Q2.

Hurry them in order to wait for service packs later? No, thanks.

You have completely mist the point.

You have completely mist the point.

I was not replying to your post.

Based on what has been announced, we will see a PMDG B747 v2.  While some are anxious to see this product released, others are anxious to see service packs, v2s, and new PMDG offerings.  Wouldn't you say that it's likely that to keep the same PMDG product quality across the product line, and with a limited set of developer, PMDG has to decide which product to work on at any given time?  I'm sure it's not exactly as I describe... it's likely multiple teams are working on several projects in parallel, some of those team member switch teams at times, some projects are put on hold at times for various reasons, and any planned release sequence could also change at any time for various reasons.  

Ideally all announced products would be released this Wednesday, all PMDG quality, each at $19.99 (with a $10.00 discount for previous version owners), no patch or service pack needed, high-performing for everybody, and a previously not announced product, free for all the angst and emotional distress caused to anxious flight simmers.   Realistic?   

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Who were you replying then too?

CaptSpeirs.

What I meant was that telling "I'm close to give up because they are late" is not something I agree with.