Sign in to follow this  
Holz001

Discounts for FS9 Customers?

Hello everyone,

I was asking myself if there are any discounts for owners of the FS9 version?

In my case that would be the Boeing 747-400 (+F) and 737.

Greetings

F.

Euhm... Why? They're different products.

If I had bought the 747v1 for FSX, I wouldn't expect PMDG to give me a discount for the 747v2, just because I gave them some of my money earlier.

Over the last few months, there have been ample threads like these... And I still fail to see why there would be some sort of discount.

Level D is giving a discount for FS9 users...

They also simply ported their FS9 product over.  These are completely new products.  Huge difference.

Kyle Rodgers

So I guess that's a "no" for my initial question ;)

haha - I'd assume so.  Sorry - I didn't want to say "no" categorically, since I'm not one who makes business calls for them.

Kyle Rodgers

The boxed versions of the 744 and the NGX are often offered with a (modest) discount by retail stores (not by PMDG, though).

And there's also a bundle deal available, when buying the FS9 and the FSX versions of the MD11 at the same time (assuming, though, you're transitioning from FS9 to FSX, so this wouldn't make sense for you).

Check the PMDG download store: Assuming you're from Germany, those USD prices are converting rather nicely into EUR. (Like in "The discount is in the exchange rate ...")

Check the PMDG download store: Assuming you're from Germany, those USD prices are converting rather nicely into EUR. (Like in "The discount is in the exchange rate ...")

Yeah... but it's still money, you know. While Germans probably have it pretty good converting PMDG products to workhours, I have to go for workdays... using euro too.

There was a discount for a month or two when the 400X originally came out, but that was 7 years ago. The 400X isn't a port of the FS9 version either, though it might look that way if all you look at is the panel artwork. The systems were entirely recoded to use SimConnect instead of FSUIPC, the soundset was redone to support FSX's 3D sound cone system, the visual model was a new FSX-native one etc.

The NGX is a completely new product that we spent 4 years making from the ground up - absolutely no discounts for owners of the old FS2002/FS9 one. There is no comparison at all between them - it's not an "upgrade", it's an entirely different (and much better) product.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com