Sign in to follow this  
Guest monsoon

Review of Aeroworx King Air

Guest RotorRick

I just wanted to post a link to the new review of this payware a/c http://simhq.com/It's written by a friend of mine who flies B200's for a living, and he compares the Aeroworx version against the real one, with many comparison pictures, and a story he relates to us.Enjoy!

Guest Zevious Zoquis

THat is a spectacular review. Really really interesting reading...

Guest B742FAN

Really great review of a superb plane. It's still one of my favorite.__Josh

wow, that is an excellent review. Its always good to hear such positive things from someone who flies the real thing for a living.Shes an amazing bird.

Guest Caveman

Yes, that review was the best GA review on an FS9 product and it was on a combat sim site!I really like the idea of a real world opinion of the plane...

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, What an excellent article and review. Not only done by an avid simmer, but also a real world pilot who flies this aircraft on a daily basis.Having had the pleasure to fly a B200 in real life a time or two, (I have a friend in town who has one that his company keeps for US travel on business), I can also tell you that I love the Aeroworx offering. It is soooo hard to mimic a real life aircraft is most every way in FS due to the limitations in FS. But Aeroworx has done a fantastic job, and this aircraft is one of my FS favorites.I usually fly the heavy stuff in FS, being an ex 727 pilot, (amoung other things), but when I want to do the GA type twins, the B200 is the ONLY aircraft that suits my needs.Hats off to Aeroworx for a great offering and your friend for such a fantastic and in depth article . . .this old real world pilot really enjoyed it competely.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

A few things about the Aeroworx King Air: Henning and his team are superbly talented. I think Henning is working on a patch that will fix some of the issues that still exist (e.g., CTDs).Secondly, I've retrofitted the plane with the full line (weather radar, gps, jetline avionics) of reality xps stuff: this turns the King Air into a truly kick-azz plane. If anyone here doesn't own it: run and buy it. This is a 10 star aircraft.ricardo

Guest Peter Sidoli

I must say I was shocked at the poor review rating given at Avsim for this aircraft which even with its teething bugs deserved a five start rating and an award.It is an outstanding aircraft for realism and panel depiction and can be flown beautifully by hand on an IFR procedure.peter

Guest LLgaz

I too was suprised at the poor rating given on the Avsim review.This aircraft doesn't get the same recgonition as some of the FSD and Dreamfleet offerings, but I would venture to say that it is probably better than most of them.I have alreasy logged over 100 hours in it and it is quite enjoyable.It is much better and more fun than the FSD Navajo...which is probably the closest GA addon to compare it to.Great work guys.

Guest PhilipsCDRW

Aargh - so much competition - I need the VFR photographic scenery for the east of England, the VFR London scenery, the Flight1 ATR, the PMDG 737NG, the F1 C152 or C172, the DF A36 when it comes out (I expect it in December...) and now this... I need a second part-time job!

Guest TELCO1

Great review. My problem is a purchasing decision. I currently own and fly the following aircraft:Flight 1 Meridian and Cessna 421CPMDG 737NGHoward 500I has both the Meridian and 421C in FS2002. I lean toward twins with range and speed and I like complex (realistic) simulations. I also like flying one or two aircraft only most of time hence, I fly the 737 and the Meridian the most these days. I was planning to wait for Flight 1's Pilatus PC12 to come out before deciding on whether to buy the PC12 or the B200. After reading most of the previous posts on the B200, I can't decide on whether to wait for the PC12 and/or version 2 of the B200, or buy the current version of the B200 now. Would appreciate some thoughts for this will probably be my last purchase for FS9 aircraft,Lawrie

Someone else mentioned it, but everyone should realize that there is an issue with the Aeroworx B200: for some there is a consistent CTD on exiting a flight. In my case the hardrive would grind away for about 30 sec. until the error box comes up. I had to reinstall FS after about the 10th time this happened as all my other planes started acting up. I haven't used the B200 since and all is back to normal. That being said, the Aeroworx B200 is the absolute best turboprop plane that I have seen for FS. The systems and flight modeling are great. It also is an efficient model as it is fairly easy on the frame rates even in the VC. I also have the FSD Piper Cheyenne and the F1 Conquest, both of which average about 5 fps less than the B200. I hope the patch comes out soon as I really want to get back to flying this plane. Mike

Look at what Avsim gave this KingAir and then go look at what they gave the PSS Concord (only a third of the VC is interactive among other problems)... Ricardo it's a little sad at what get's recognition around here sometimes...

I'd say: go out and add it to your fleet, then keep pestering Aeroworx to finally release the patch they've been promising for months (almost half a year?) now. Again, the Aeroworx guys are talented, but the customer service needs much improvement in terms of needing to be more efficient. To be sure, Henning does answer almost all questions on his forum, but that doesn't strike me as an efficient way of improving the product. Spend your time coding, not responding to every (more or less useful) request.The CTD when exiting a flight is a serious issue - this should have been fixed by now. ricardo

I had several exchanges with Henning and other users on their forum on the CTD. The hangup for Aeroworx is that none of them ever see the CTD and can't reproduce it. Several of us brainstormed to find some commonalities as to systems, etc. but nothing came of it. I just don't want to go through a reinstallation again; but also am very frustrated as the plane itself is so great. Seems to be a crapshoot that determines if someone ends up with the CTD. But if you have it, it happens *every* flight. Mike

We'll be reviewing the "bug fixed" B200 once the patch is released on our new UK Flight Sim Review Site. Version One is still a great aeroplane despite the occasional hiccup.FSD Piaggio Avanti is our first review appearing in a few weeks.RegardsAdam MooreSimReviewwww.simreview.co.ukWin XP Pro - ARIA Custom PCPrescott 3.20 GHz - 2GB RAMAsus ATi Radeon X800 Pro TD 256MB19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96FS2004 + UK2000 1/2/3/4/5/6/EGLL PROUK VFR Photographic Scenery 1/2/3/4UK VFR Terrain MeshCURRENTLY TESTING: RealAir Spitfire

Guest secks

Did you try modifying your PCI latency settings to reasonable values? Usually the video card is set much, much too high and can cause instability. Have you tried reinstalling flightsim or windows? I know it's drastic, but hey, this is a great addon :)

Now that is a review worthy of the name... Those side-by-side comparison photos were extremely well done...

Guest B742FAN

Just as an alternate viewpoint on the crashes, I've been flying this plane since it's release and have never had a crash. Just saying not everybody has them. Must be very frusterating to be a developer and try to mimick things like that.__Josh

Guest Peter Sidoli

JoshI have never had a CTD either and for such a complex Bird I get really good frames.What makes a really great addon aircraft is that X plus factor which is hard to quantify. The B200 has that X Factor.Peter

Guest RotorRick

While the reviewer flies the King Air in the real world, in flight simulations he flies Falcon 4.0 a lot, and has made many "mission reports" that feature commentary and screen captures of the action...others have been done previous to that using Janes F-18 SuperHornet and JanesF-15 (Strike Beagle! LOL!)He also posted a few pics from the cockpit during a recent flight, posted in the Community Hall.

Yep, I use LatencyCFg program. As I said before I already did a reinstall of FS as the CTD's, I believe, corrupted the program. I won't do a reinstall of XP just for a single add-on, especially one I paid for, and it is the reponsibility of the vendor to fix. It's true that not everyone gets the CTD, but enough do to make it an issue. And, I keep saying, it's a truly great plane. I just wish I was one of the ones who could actually use it. Mike