Wow I must say:-) Have made my own setups now

And again fantastic support:-)

A little detail:

Like Taxi light toggle to swith between positions, I tried with no smoking, it all time only go to off , and not move.

Sign_NOSMOKING_toggle ????

Smoking is banned as far as I am concerned. Therefore, switch is on permanently.  I look forward to the day that all smoking signs can be removed permanently. Filthy habit.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I know, but just to program the button so by pressing it will move through all positions and back to off, like Seatbelts- and figure to set up seatbelts in that way.

Auto-On-off

Hi everyone. Just to let you know that I am now having success using beta 5 with Linda and the airbus. 

Everything seems to work and mapping buttons to external cards is easy with the FSUIPC variables via Aerosoft.

The v/s rotary seems fine too.

Only gripe I do have and not sure why this is, but when I turn the Altitude rotary, the figures seem to slip and it might take a few more sharp turns of the rotary to get it to stay on the correct altitude you select!!

Is there any way to cure this? Maybe its the turn cycle figure that needs altering within the text file?

Has anyone else got a similar problem?

Looking good all the time!!

Jay

Hi everyone. Just to let you know that I am now having success using beta 5 with Linda and the airbus. 

Everything seems to work and mapping buttons to external cards is easy with the FSUIPC variables via Aerosoft.

The v/s rotary seems fine too.

Only gripe I do have and not sure why this is, but when I turn the Altitude rotary, the figures seem to slip and it might take a few more sharp turns of the rotary to get it to stay on the correct altitude you select!!

Is there any way to cure this? Maybe its the turn cycle figure that needs altering within the text file?

Has anyone else got a similar problem?

Looking good all the time!!

Jay

Hi Jay

There is an issue that has creep in affecting all knob rotations not just ALT.  If you display the LINDA Console you will see that all rotations are registered immediately but there is something amiss with the queue handling which was not there when I flew last week.  I am looking into it.

The good news is that the GUI upgrade is nearly ready for beta testing.  Watch this space!

Andrew

PS. You keep posting the same text twice.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA 2.0 BETA 1 DOWNLOAD

This is the first beta release of LINDA 2.0 offering full-compatibility with the VRInsight Combo Airbus FCU panel and the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 v1.16.  It provides full GUI programming for the FCU by expanding LINDA's existing functionality.  While every effort has been made to provide backward compatibility with the Boeing MCP2 and the original MCP, this has not been tested.  It is hoped to do this in the coming week.

Instructions and details of the beta can be downloaded here  - PLEASE READ THEM FULLY:

LINDA 2.0.1 Beta notes.pdf

and the replacement LINDA installation files here:

LINDA Installation Zip File

REMEMBER TO BACKUP ALL YOUR EXISTING LINDA FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BETA.  NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR ADVERSE AFFECTS ON YOUR INSTALLATION.

Post any queries and feedback on this thread.  Please report all error messages in full so that I can diagnose where any problem lay.

Please note that only 7 days remain on the software development environment trial licence.  All problem report must be made before 12 Jun 2014 at the latest.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Gidday Andrew!

Mate -what brilliant work this is! I managed to get LINDA all sorted (i think!) and the FCU is working well with the software as it should...

I left all my axis assignments still in P3D as cant yet figure that bit out (although i think i did read that that's OK?)

just a couple of things i noticed - and this is not a criticism - just asking for help i guess...

The rotaries for HDG ALT etc work VERY slowly... no matter how fast i turn them they register real slow on the AXE and the FCU... this is an issue you are aware of and working on I think or different one?

The other one was in USER MODE 3 (IDENT Grnd) button 5 is assigned to APU MASTER toggle - on my system its the same as button 7 -seems both are set to APU BLEED toggle... i tried to change it but to no avail... any ideas mate?

My com port was 5 ... don't suppose that makes a difference to anything?

Anyway, splendid piece of work and thanks for all your hard work making this work for us Airbus drivers out there!

Kia Ora!

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Hi vonduck

I'm delighted that you got everything work with your Airbus FCU.

LINDA does not handle the axis assignments; these should remain with FSUIPC or FSX.

The HDG and ALT knob responses are handled by the LAU code and not by the LINDA GUI that I have most recently been working on.  I found that the fast settings too unstable but you can change them yourself.  Simply, call up the FCU (middle panel) and change, for example, the HDG A++ and HDG A-- functions to AB_HDG_plusfast and AB_HDG_minusfast respectively.  This is easy now the GUI works.

I will look to see why you cannot changed Btn 7 in User Mode 3.

The Com Port is assigned by Windows when you connect the FCU panel.  The actual Com Port needs to be set in the Setup MCP Combo page.

Thank you for your kind comments.  Airbus is certainly the best IMHO.  I have just received a Boeing Combo II and downloaded the PMDG 737 NGX to test that I have not done anything to upset our misguided Boeing flyers.  The only fault found so far concerns saving the radio settings in Config-mpa2.lua file.

Good flying.

Andrew 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA 2.0.2 BETA 2 DOWNLOAD

This is the second beta release of LINDA 2.0 offering full-compatibility with the VRInsight Combo Airbus FCU panel and the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 v1.16.  It provides full GUI programming for the FCU by expanding LINDA's existing functionality.  It has been tested with both the Airbus FCU and Boeing MCP2.  While every effort has been made to provide backward compatibility with the original MCP, this has not been tested fully.

Many thanks for the feedback received.  This beta corrects some minor issues when saving a MCP2 configuration.

Instructions and details of the beta can be downloaded here  - PLEASE READ THEM FULLY:

LINDA 2.0.2 Beta notes.pdf

LINDA 2.0.2 Installation Zip File

REMEMBER TO BACKUP ALL YOUR EXISTING LINDA FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BETA.  NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR ADVERSE AFFECTS ON YOUR INSTALLATION.

Post any queries and feedback on this thread.  Please report all error messages in full so that I can diagnose where any problem lay.

Please note that only a few days remain on the software development environment trial licence.  All problem report must be made before 12 Jun 2014 at the latest.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The other one was in USER MODE 3 (IDENT Grnd) button 5 is assigned to APU MASTER toggle - on my system its the same as button 7 -seems both are set to APU BLEED toggle... i tried to change it but to no avail... any ideas mate?

Doug

I have checked this out and I had no problems changing the USER3 button functions.  You need to ensure that the box on the USER Mode 3 tab is ticked to gain access to the page. Any duplicates can be deleted if they appear - probably a legacy of my testing.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Cool thanks Andrew for the info....

I will try that now.... as an aside, with later releases, do i just overwrite the files when i drop them into P3D?

Cheers matey

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Doug

I strongly recommend taking a full backup first. With 2.0.2 beta 2 you should be able to drop them in on top of 2.0.1 beta 1 keeping your own config-hid.lua and config-mpa2a.lua files.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Awesome thanks buddy!

Doug 

LINDA 2.0.3 BETA 3 DOWNLOAD

This is the third beta release of LINDA 2.0 offering full-compatibility with the VRInsight Combo Airbus FCU panel and the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 v1.16.  It provides full GUI programming for the FCU by expanding LINDA's existing functionality.  It has been tested with both the Airbus FCU and Boeing MCP2.  While every effort has been made to provide backward compatibility with the original MCP, this has not been tested fully.

Many thanks for the feedback received.  This beta corrects issues with Presets in the FCU mode.

LINDA 2.0.3 Beta notes.pdf

LINDA 2.0.3 Installation Zip File

Please note that only a few days remain on the software development environment trial licence.  All problem report must be made before 12 Jun 2014 at the latest.  The final version will be released by 15 Jun 2014.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew!

I discovered that my FCU will not work or respond (all the panels show correctly and that it is syn'c with P3D) unless i start in a specific order... whether this is peculiar to my rig i don't know...

Firstly i have to turn on the FCU.....

Then...start LINDA

Then...start P3D

Only then does the panel communicate with P3D... all other attempts just do nothing!

Just thought that may help somewhere in the big scheme of things!

Cheerio

Doug

Doug