Hi Djije

I tried using Win 8.1 but had great difficulty with it and reverted to Win 7 for FSX (I don't use Windows for anything else as I use a Mac). Can you give me the precise wording with your red error code?

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew,

so:

First:  i have to make VRI 1 otherwise with 3 there is no MPC combo enabled

Two:  the red code error is allways the same as mentionned in post 21

i can't help you more maybe Jay can explain something different as me...

i'm sure you'll find a solution :rolleyes:

djije

The error message with config-hid.lua is strange as I have done nothing to this file.  This is associated with your joysticks. I suggest you copy the same file from your original /fsx/modules/aerosoft airbus X folder.

Hi Djije

Did you try this suggestion?

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

BETA 5 DOWNLOAD

This is the 5th beta release of the Linda2Airbus LUA files for the VRInsight Combo Airbus FCU panel providing full compatibility to Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 v1.16.  It seeks to resolve problems users have been having with installing the beta.  Importantly, the Joystick configuration file should be deleted from your installation (FSX/modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/Aerosoft Airbus X FCU/config-hid.lua) and your button configuration re-programmed.

Instructions and details of the beta can be downloaded here:

LINDA Beta 2.00b5 notes.pdf

and the replacement LUA files here:

LINDA 2.00b5.zip

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR EXISTING LINDA FILES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BETA.

Post any queries and feedback on this thread.  Please report all error messages in full so that I can diagnose where any problem lay.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

I tryed the beta 5, the file is delete (joystick) ,now on the console  i have this message:

(sorry, i don't now why i can't make a copy past with the Linda console???.... :mad:)

LUA.0: ready to go, Captain! (yee)

........:  INIT VRI Read MPCcontrols

(in red now): LUA Error...t Flight sim.X \ modules\linda/system/handlers-mcp.lua:168 attemptto perform atithmetic on

and without stop the same message.... :unsure:

Thanks Djije

Right, now we are getting somewhere.

You list "handlers-mcp" in the error which is the VRI Type 1 file (the original MCP. This would suggest it has not picked up your edit of the config-vri.lua file to read VRI["TYPE"]=3.  Also handlers-mcp is the only file that would produce an error on line 168; I have loaded that file and I do not get an error. Strange.

Please do a Reload Lua engine to reproduce the error.  In console, click on Pause at bottom right.  Then scroll up to *****START ****** line and cut-and-paste everything from there down to several lines of the red repeating error and post it here.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

For those who may not believe me, here is a short video of LINDA initialising the Airbus FCU and adjusting some of the controls on the ground.

http://youtu.be/rChj71wRsM8

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

--- NEW LOGGING SESSION -----------

Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
Initialising SimConnect data requests now
FSUIPC Menu entry added
c:\users\jj\documents\flight simulator x-dateien\1.FLT
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Maule_M7_260C\Maule_M7_260C.AIR
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 Extended CFM\A320.AIR
System time = 18/05/2014 17:32:53, Simulator time = 17:30:34 (15:30Z)
Aircraft="Airbus A320 easyJet G-EZTB"
Starting everything now ...
LUA.0: beginning "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
LUA.0: ended "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
LUA.1:
LUA.1: [iNIT] Loading...
LUA.1: Aircraft: Airbus A320 easyJet G-EZTB
LUA.1: Aircraft module detected: Aerosoft Airbus X FCU
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-aivlasoft
LUA.0: AivlaSoft library loaded...
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fallback
LUA.0: FSX standard library loaded...
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fsx
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-IVAO
LUA.0: IVAO library loaded...
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-realityxp
LUA.0: RealityXP library loaded...
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-vrinsight
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-weather
LUA.0: Weather library loaded...
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/_lib-user
LUA.0: INIT loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-a2amap
LUA.0: A2A MAP library loaded...
LUA.0: DSP MODE toggle: 1
Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
LUA.0: RADIOS : Empty command for :: COM1 Select
LUA.0: Module: Aerosoft Airbus X FCU Started...
LUA.0: Ready to go, Captain!
LUA.0: [awg]INIT VRI Read MCPcontrols
[E] *** LUA Error: ...t Flight Simulator X\modules\linda/system/events.lua:497: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[E] *** LUA Error: ...t Flight Simulator X\modules\linda/system/events.lua:510: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[E] *** LUA Error: ...t Flight Simulator X\modules\linda/system/events.lua:523: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[E] *** LUA Error: ...t Flight Simulator X\modules\linda/system/events.lua:536: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[E] *** LUA Error: ...t Flight Simulator X\modules\linda/system/events.lua:559: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[E] *** LUA Error: ...t Flight Simulator X\modules\linda/system/events.lua:572: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
LUA.0: Offsets watching list cleared!
[E] *** LUA Error: ...ht Simulator X\modules\linda/system/handlers-mcp.lua:168: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[E] *** LUA Error: ...ht Simulator X\modules\linda/system/handlers-mcp.lua:168: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Hi Djije

Thank you for the error log.  Spotted the problem.  You do not have the new file linda.lau installed in the \FSX\Modules folder.  It was the key file missing from betas earlier than Beta 4.  See latest Beta 5 above and ensure all files are installed.  It is this code that switches to the MCP2a (Airbus FCU) code.

Let me know how you get on.

Andrew

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Bingo!!

Merci! Thank's a lot andrew! it's working perfect! now a can test your hard work!

i saw your video and i can say i have the same at home! :lol:

Great news Djije

Enjoy exploring using your Airbus FCU fully. Check out the key functions I have implemented - see PDF. Especially try out the multi modes accessed by pressing the top row of the centre user buttons. The USER mode (3rd button) gives you access to lights, transponder switches and engine/ground functions (ie. engine start and APU). The bottom buttons in the centre block I have left as MASTER WARNING/CAUTION Cancel and Squawk ID. The third EFIS option allows you to use the SPD/HDG/ALT/VS knobs to change the brilliance of the main displays.

Obviously, you can manually editing CONFIG-MCP2a.lau to add your own choices. Have fun.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Howdy again

I made some discoveries over the course of the weekend and that is to be able to manipulate buttons etc via Linda Lvars and enable the use of the MCP Combo. 

Here's the link to Aerosofts post on the use of Lvars with Airbus X Extended!!

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64255-airbus-x-extended-sdk-variables/

Now I can map the buttons on my external input cards and use the MCP Combo via the Linda SDK Module. Works a treat!!

I'm looking into getting some of the Opencockpits cards soon so hopefully this method will apply also!!

Hope this info helps.

Jaystar

Hi Jaystar

Great news that you are finding your way around.  At least one other person has got the latest beta 5 working.  Did you manage to try it?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

I have tested your Beta 5, it's working perfect! it's exactly what i have expected for a long time ! Thank's!

for me i d'll like to have Gear up on BTN 1 and Gear down on BTN 2 but i don't no how to do that... :wacko:

Anyway, now my FCU is fully fonctional and that's great!

Great news Djije.

Until l can get the GUI updated, assigning a function to a FCU button has to be done manually.  It is, as we say, mandraulic.

The best starting point is to find the function you want is to temporally assign the function to a button on your joystick.  In your example, you need the standard FSX functions: GEAR_UP and GEAR_DOWN.  Note the instruction that appears against the test button (e.g. FSX: GEAR UP:0 and FSX: GEAR DOWN:0).

Then go to the LINDA Settings page and click Setup LINDA.  Tick Developer mode and Associate with *.lua.  The open LINDA Editor (F2) and open file \FSX\modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\aerosoft airbus X FCU\config-mcp2a.lua (this is the new file introduced by Beta 5).  Then scroll down this file to find the button you wish to assign.  I suggest you use 2 of the spare buttons in USER BLOCK MODE 2 buttons BTN4 and BTN5.  Simply replace the empty entry or existing function with the FSX functions above enclosed in double quotes ("").  You should have 2 lines reading:

["BTN4."] = "FSX:_GEAR_UP:0"  ,
["BTN5."] = "FSX:_GEAR_DOWN:0"  ,

Save the file and then click Reload Lua engine.  You simply need to press the USER (centre block user key, top right key) twice (USER=XPDR) and the press the left and centre buttons in the next row to raise and lower the gear.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK