Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

Forgive my ignorance, but can FSGRW make storms really dangerous like the ASN?

Hello!

I guess we have done that. There is a special hurricane awareness and depiction built in. Additionally we are supporting Local Weather Effects. The winter storms of the past months have rendered really great in FS Global Real Weather. Maybe they still can be grabbed using the "historic weather" function. More info on our website. You also can get a trial version from there.

Cheers!

Stefan Schaefer
PILOT'S GesmbH
CEO
http://www.pilots.shop
pilots_logo.gif

Has anybody actually encountered a 'dangerous' storm in ASN yet?   I have flown through a lot of thunderstorms by mistake at night, was actually quite disappointing after reading all the hype about ASN.  

Genuine question, not trying to knock ASN.

Regards

ASN injects turbulence, updrafts/downdrafts, microbursts, & windshear. The microbursts are the only thing that can crash your aircraft, and it won't do so unless you're pretty low to the ground. [Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdqir5S5io]

In reality, aircraft that are destroyed by weather are done so through tearing the aircraft apart. Over-stressing the airframe is not something any FS Product currently models. The most you'll get out of FSX is an overspeed or overstress caused by a generic G-limit. Neither make for a realistic interpretation of hazardous WX.

Honestly, I'd pay real money for a weather addon company to make a "dangerous weather" addon that attempts to add realism to thunderstorms. If icing could throw me into a coffin corner, or if the hail/rain could drown out a turbine, or if the updrafts/downdrafts could physically force me into the ground like a rock. As it stands now, weather is a casual entity - no matter how loud the thunder gets.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I bought Goat Simulator earlier this week - I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time.

i´ve seen a "Lets Play" yesterday. This is just hilarious, i have never laughed so hard about a computer game :D I am seriously thinking about buying it just for supporting the developers :D

regards,

Alexander Marx

Ehi, didn't Rob say that he was going to show some more about the wxr "in just a bit"?

James Goggi

A quick question without reading every single post on these 11 pages, will the wx radar also be implemented in the NGX?

Richard Åsberg

A quick question without reading every single post on these 11 pages, will the wx radar also be implemented in the NGX?

Yes, that's the plan.

Gents-

I have seen a couple of really dumb replies in this thread that were made by folks who act is if they are informed when in fact they are not.

As a result of their ineptitude, I need to clarify a few things to make sure nobody runs off and repeats the dumb things that these inepticons posted here...   (Yes, I am annoyed by it... Sorry.)

1) Yes, we are planning to port the ASN connectivity for wx radar to the NGX.  No we do not know when this will happen.

2) SP1 and the 300ER will release at the same time.

3) The wx radar connection with ASN is part of SP1, and thus will not cost you anything.  We did it this way because we want all PMDG 777 drivers to have access to it, not just those who purchase the 300ER extension.

4) No, the 300ER isn't "holding up" SP1.  In fact, quite to the contrary the 300ER is dependent upon SP1 which is not quite finished yet.

So please folks- if you see anyone repeating some of the wrong answers posted by inepticons in this thread above, please correct them.

Thank you,

Does the ND in real T7 planes has an option to display weather information or topography data ??

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Does the ND in real T7 planes has an option to display weather information or topography data ??

Why else would they model it?

Kyle Rodgers

Real world - If the weather radar is inop you don't fly.So yes, standard equipment on all modern airliners.

Rob Prest

I have to say this whole escapade featuring WX radar has been an excellent distraction from the question when will SP1 be released and a huge bonus for HiFi - On reading the news PMDG are going to simulate weather radar and, taking into account winds aloft data can be imported into the 777 FMC RTE DATA, I felt the best option for my flying experience was to buy ASN. So I did :) And it has been fantastic! :)

Meanwhile, after the initial furore concerning how PMDG could be so inconsiderate as to post an April fool joke about WX radar and the like, everyone is oohing and aahing about the next best thing in flight simulation ...... raindrops on radar and the mystical datalink which Capatin Randazzo has yet to explain ;oP A huge flightsim breakthrough, no doubt.

However, we are not any closer to knowing when Service Pack 1 for 777-200 will be released, save for the fact it will be released with the 300ER version. We know the beta testers have a version to work with and that there are issues with the FBW modelling. We have no idea when those issues will be resolved...

In other words, pretty much the same status as:
Feb: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/435001-14feb14-pmdg-777-200lrf-sp1-300er-update/
March: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436852-14mar14-forum-return-to-service-important-read-all/
April: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438427-01apr14-pmdg-777-200lrf-feature-preview-wx-radar/

I love my T7 and I fly her with all the current bugs. I can't stick her in a hangar coz she's born to fly. However, just knowing there are fixes to all these bugs in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/ , is quite frustrating, because every month, just around the 14th day, we are told things along the line of, 'not to worry ... we're nearly there ... just a few things to sort out and we'll be in beta' ... and so it goes.

Just, it would be good to know how close we are to SP1, rather than being given a tantalising tease every month or so, and then capitalize on Apr 1st just to keep all interested.

Best wishes -

Thanks guys, great news we will finally have a wx radar for the NGX!

Richard Åsberg

Just, it would be good to know how close we are to SP1, rather than being given a tantalising tease every month or so, and then capitalize on Apr 1st just to keep all interested.

Closer than yesterday.

Now, really, didn't you learned anything in this whole time. You know that PMDG won't tell you that, besides, perhaps, "We're closer!!"

Why keep insisting.