Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Time to play ... Name That Airplane

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Anyone notice there isn't a single Airbus in the air, and only obvious one on the ground? I wouldn't think that an entire day of departures from one of the busiest airports in the US would have no Airbus aircraft.

Anyways, Boeings! And a dash of McDonnell-Douglas and Bombardier and Embraer

Do I win??  :P

EDIT: Yup, I'm too tired for this. The A340 on the ground is in the air as well! Still, only one...

Photographer had a bias. No problem with being patriotic though.

Anyone notice there isn't a single Airbus in the air, and only obvious one on the ground? I wouldn't think that an entire day of departures from one of the busiest airports in the US would have no Airbus aircraft.

Anyways, Boeings! And a dash of McDonnell-Douglas and Bombardier and Embraer

Do I win??  :P

EDIT: Yup, I'm too tired for this. The A340 on the ground is in the air as well! Still, only one...

Make that 2 maybe 3, there's a Delta A320 just above the last United (Looks like a 753) on the right side. The lowest distant plane  in the air on the right side, is blurry but looks like it may be an Air Canada A319.

There are a few, but you have to take a close look: the Delta A320 Tom just pointed out, then there's another Delta one somewhere in the middle, right above the Alaska 737, and an A340 below the Lufthansa 747; below the A340, there might be an Air China A330, and below that one another A330 (but both might also be 767s or 777s).

On the ground there's definitely another A340 (just taxiing out), and there may be a few more parked at the gates.

There are a few, but you have to take a close look: the Delta A320 Tom just pointed out, then there's another Delta one somewhere in the middle, right above the Alaska 737, and an A340 below the Lufthansa 747; below the A340, there might be an Air China A330, and below that one another A330 (but both might also be 767s or 777s).

Good eye, I missed that second Delta. The other 2 do appear to be 777's Air China 772, and JAL 773. Also I don't think these are layered photos as the story suggests, rather the planes were photoshop'ed in. Most of the planes are in the foreground, but there are multiple horizontal and vertical rows. There should only be 2 horizontal rows, since there are 2 runways on that side of the airport. Runway 25R & 25L, and with the exception of a couple of a few Cargo planes most would be from 25R. Still looks cool though!!

Geee, it mustve took some realy coordination to get everyone lined up like that!! Best example of formation flying Ive ever seen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets see you beat that, Navy.