Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

My Review of Carenado Phenom 100.Warning lots of pics!

I also have the FeelThere Phenom and considered getting the Carenado as well. But following the posts here I came to the conclusion that the FeelThere version is better simulated and also less demanding on CPU power (good frame rates) than the Carenado. I still enjoy flying the FT Phenom quite much, in spite of some minor drawbacks.

Regards,

Felix

I had the same attitude towards the Carenado....wait see... I do like eye candy

and a thank you is due to member named :drinks:   Fabs B) for an excellent perspective

Got it

What I like about it compared to the FeelThere version is that in P3DV22, you can edit the flight plan now, and load a situation with the phenom as a/c, which you cannot do in P3DV22, not I anyways.

Nicer interior graphics so now I like the back passenger seat views

Some fps loss but so far its OK at medium airports.

Great post Dave - cant wait for the Hawker - I will wait for that one - hope its not a long wait - want to fly that into Orbx KMRY

Rich Sennett

Hi,

I just want to set the record straight from my perspective.

The Carenado Phenom has received much press, some of it good, and some of it bad.  It is a nice aircraft, as it will do what you want it to do, and it is full of eye candy, which makes it a nice place to be.

The fT Phenom is an older product, and with that in mind, it is no less accomplished and it is entirely representative of its day, for instance the switches in the VC are less polished than the fT. The fT Phenom has IMO better systems implementation but, like just like the Carenado, it doesn't have them all. Overall, the fT Phenom has fewer functioning buttons and switches than the Carenado Phenom. The G1000's in the Carenado are nicely done, not terribly deeply though, and they are a good match for the fT Phenom whose G1000's are equally good, but with less graphical candy. For instance, there's no weather radar in the fT version, but if you go grab Bryn's excellent freeware wx gauge, then you cans skirt around those troublesome clouds just as well.

Where the Carenado lacks lustre considering is in the development department, as the plane itself cannot be responsible for the attitude of the developers who choose to not model certain features despite the heartfelt pleas of their customers. Features such as the Take-Off config button are completely missing, and this is extraordinary IMO because it's practically a trademark of Embraer. The faults within the FLC system are IMO less important, as I have since heard that it's a very hard thing to get right, and all-in-all, it does it's job albeit in a roundabout way (i.e. autothrottle).

So, here's my tuppence worth; it's the attitude of the Carenado team that misses the mark, and since our protestations appear futile, to me, this has had a highly negative impact, plus it may have influenced future purchasing decisions. Carenado have chosen to not reach out and meet our expectations, and this is fine as it is their choice - equally, we have a choice too. Let's face it, Carenado are big in the marketplace, and deservedly so, and whilst I'd say that they are up there with the greats, I wouldn't say that they were up there with the greatest.

Therefore, if you want a beautifully modelled Enbraer Phenom, go get the Carenado, as it is undeniably gorgeous, flies nicely, and satisfies much appeal. If you'd like to save pennies and FPS, go fly the feelThere Phenom when it is on sale, as it is an excellent aircraft, should you be desperate for a FLC button that does as advertised, or need a T/O Config button.

However, the value of these two competitive products must also be considered, as one is a concurrent product, and the other is not. A respected reseller has both priced at the £24 mark, and whilst the Carenado is unlikely to be discounted at this time, the fT can sometimes be found at a reduced price (I got hold of it for £5).

Happily, I have both Phenom's, but this has not deepened my dilemma, it's made it easier. So then, allow me to answer an unasked question - I would not have purchased the fT Phenom had it not been discounted and disillusioned. And here's the answer to another silent question - I exclusively fly the Carenado.

If you accept the limitations of each and every model, then there can be no issues, and I would go as far as to say that nearly every single aeroplane in our simulated world has shortcomings of some sort - it's the nature of the game. If you want perfection, go fly for real, and even then I bet that you'd find fault with something, and that, my friends, is our human nature at work.

So then, enough of this "which is better?", and go-fly the aeroplane of your dreams because here we can.

Happy flying.

Fabio

Hear, Hear! Fabio - shades of  Roscoe (Edward R. Murrow) in that post, no...not the Cassius quote "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves." although it is applicable

...more,

"Everyone is a prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudices — just recognize them."

I have watched this debate rage on for a while with inevitable, unfortunate and unnecessary sullied commentary.

Indeed "Happy flying" and "Good night, and good luck" :)

Hi guys, 

, i got the new Phenom 100 and i cant find a way to update the navegation database (GPS G1000).

I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks

Mickey,

Unfortunately, Carenado's G1000 implementation uses the default FSX data.  There is no practical way to update it.

Scott