Sign in to follow this  
Jessyboy

I'm Disappointed

To me, some of these do not necessarily seem to be from people that are asking sincere questions, but rather people that wish to raise doubt with potential new P3D adopters by stating that P3D is riddled with issues.

No better way to kill an agenda than posting some real videos of P3DV2.x in action.   :lol:

Which is that spot and with what scenery? It looks awesome.

Orbx PNW - CYPS - Pemberton Airport - British Columbia.

Cheers, Rob.

To be direct to the OP's question... 

I'm running ORBX Global, Vector, My Traffic, REX 4, OPUS, various add on aircraft in P3D v2.2

Advantages over FSX

1.  Moving shadows inside the cockpit look great

2.  Cloud cast shadows on the ground look great

3.  Volumetric fog looks incredible and the makes the entire experience of flying in, through, and around clouds better

4.  Much more autogen at less of a performance cost

5.  Autogen not popping in and out

6.  No blurries at all whereas in FSX and previous versions of P3D  I had blurries in ORBX areas unless my frame rate was limited (using AM 15 for my 4 core HT off)

7.  Same or better performance (even taking into consideration the increaded graphics)

8.  Terrain mesh loads much faster and I barely ever notice it shaping or becoming clearer as I get closer

9.  Absolutely rock solid, I've not had one crash yet with version 2.2

10. No tweaking with the exception of AM setting

On top of all this, you have SLI nearly ready and active development of the product.  

No better way to kill an agenda than posting some real videos of P3DV2.x in action.   :lol:

Cheers, Rob.

I don't think the guy has an agenda.  I'm very sure there are some who have an agenda, but there are certainly just as many who have a pro-p3d agenda as there are who have an anti-p3d, and many of the people who have been accused as being anti-p3d aren't anti-p3D at all-they're just trying to cut through some of the hype and make the best decision for themselves.   Tough questions != Troll.  Skepticism != Troll.  Give it to me straight Doc, without the sales pitch != Troll.  I think the guy is trying to determine what the right answer is to get a better experience than what he's getting currently with FSX.  There are a lot of very good reasons why some of you guys have adopted P3D as your primary platform, and there are a lot of good reasons why those who haven't, haven't.   To be honest, I don't think it really matters whether the OP is a troll with an agenda or not, I think the issue he raises is still relevant to a lot of non-troll people who are still on the fence, for the time being, for very rational reasons.

That's not accurate at all - audience is very much the same, flight simulation enthusiasts - some get "attached" to a platform which can blind them to some degree.

Rob thank you for the videos. I wish I could see a 737 or AXE in this environment, instead of small a/c Also, I notice there is no water animation.. But thanks.  Anyways, still gives me an idea, and from seeing that.... my FSX ruining @ 5.0Gz including tons of add-ons, and DX-10,  honestly looks and performs much better...and using high-end a/c and scenery. Don't feel bad, but that's what I'm getting at: "Why move to P3D? Maybe not now--- Maybe,  in 3 years or 2 years time.

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quoted material!

Don't feel bad, but that's what I'm getting at: "Why move to P3D? Maybe not now--- Maybe,  in 3 years or 2 years time.

I don't think anyone feels bad about your opinion, though there are outliers who may feel unjustifiably personally insulted (as there always are).

I think if you're disappointed that's too bad, but go ahead and take your time, it's bound to be even better by the time you decide to make the jump. ^_^

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

P3d 2.2 has the smallest issues to benefits ratio of any of the three popular flight sims.

You know Jessy. Your going to be chastised to know end by the niche group for simply stating what many others believe also believe. Yes, been using P3er since it inception and have yet to get a warm fuzzy feeling but I am not A MS hater either. Introduse all this eyecandy then you have to turn it off to get as good as performance as FSX. Two types out there. those looking for prettys and those looking for performance . You wont find performance in V2. Asd far as pretties aside from shadows. I dont see much difference from FSX DSX10 using a shader program and ALL my addons work flawless. Thats it for MY OPIONIONS.

Darn it- Now YOU sound genuine ! Thank you.

but that's what I'm getting at: "Why move to P3D?

More features maybe ?

Like you I have FSX running well in DX10, but once you see P3Dv2.2 actually running on your own system the difference is quite marked, those cloud shadows and volumetric fog that we have been waiting years for really do add to the experience.

It is hard to enjoy FSX now, it just seems so bland and washed out, why not try P3D for yourself  and run it alongside FSX

Why does someone have to have a negative opinon to sound genuine?

There are plenty of reasonable people posting positive opinions of P3Dv2.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Being objective here, the one major advantage that P3d does have over FSX is an active development cycle. This sim is going to continue to evolve and get better as time goes forward. I will say that with SLI enabled my results have been VERY positive so far. I can't wait until Nvidia and P3d can work together to get a SLI profile prepared.

SLI will be the performance game changer. Btw, I just reinstalled my OS after adding a second GTX 680 classified. I have not installed FSX yet. 

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I don't think the guy has an agenda.  I'm very sure there are some who have an agenda, but there are certainly just as many who have a pro-p3d agenda as there are who have an anti-p3d, and many of the people who have been accused as being anti-p3d aren't anti-p3D at all-they're just trying to cut through some of the hype and make the best decision for themselves.   Tough questions != Troll.  Skepticism != Troll.  Give it to me straight Doc, without the sales pitch != Troll.  I think the guy is trying to determine what the right answer is to get a better experience than what he's getting currently with FSX.  There are a lot of very good reasons why some of you guys have adopted P3D as your primary platform, and there are a lot of good reasons why those who haven't, haven't.   To be honest, I don't think it really matters whether the OP is a troll with an agenda or not, I think the issue he raises is still relevant to a lot of non-troll people who are still on the fence for very rational reasons.

Ahhhh, hard to find these types of rational comments. Hard to find, hard to fine. Thank you, sir!

I guess what I would like to see is direct and clear explanations as to why (in what ways and examples),

As many have posted, how about you give it try and come to a reasonable conclusion yourself; many times emotion can get in the way of an objective comparison. LM's 60 day haggle free money back offer is generous.

More features maybe ?

Like you I have FSX running well in DX10, but once you see P3Dv2.2 actually running on your own system the difference is quite marked, those cloud shadows and volumetric fog that we have been waiting years for really do add to the experience.

It is hard to enjoy FSX now, it just seems so bland and washed out, why not try P3D for yourself  and run it alongside FSX

Your recommendation is is inviting !

I notice there is no water animation..

Ya didn't watch all the videos did ya?  :wink:

Again, see here for water animation and cloud shadows (which FSX doesn't have): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vYbTDljEo

and new one here for more water animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3hcupPTbo

I wish I could see a 737 or AXE in this environment, instead of small a/c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml43JxP2YL8

Not as large as a 737, but just as complex.

Honestly, it sounds like you haven't tried P3DV2.x and are just coming here to comment based on other's opinions.  This is what I meant by the "attached to a platform" reference ... like my race cars says, "I'm just the messenger" (aka Morpheus) -- enjoy whatever platform(s) you like -- feeling "bad" isn't really something I do - unless I had some bad Chicken Tikka Masala.  It's all good young lady.

Cheers, Rob.