Sign in to follow this  
Connor Hanson

Carenado Beech 1900D review

Is there anybody out there who doesn't agree with me and thinks that Carenado should make changes to the 1900D.  It should start with their crappy customer service.  But anyways in my opinion they got some things completely wrong.  Let us start on the outside when comparing their model to the real 1900D.  On the exterior first off the gear wheel sizes were messed up by a mile.  The real 1900d's gear wheels are set up where the nose gear wheel is smaller than the main gear wheels.   The nose is the single wheel at the front and the mains are the doubles at the middle on the left and the right.  Please compare carenado's 1900d to the real 1900d and you will know what i'm talking about.  Next the airplane sits with the tail sinking to the ground all the time.  Now, the airplane is suppose to be level to the ground almost parallel when no weight or not a lot of weight is added.  But obviously when weight is added the back sinks (and I get that).  Next the lighting isn't very good at all especially when it matters at nighttime.  The lighting is to dim.  When I fly at nighttime with Carenado's beech 1900D in FSX, I feel like I'm flying for the Military Stealth team.  You can't hardly see that the thing is lit up in the sky at night time because the lights are too dim.  The navigation lights especially.  The beacon lights I felt they did a very bad job simulating.  THe top rear beacon is good I just feel like when you watch the real beacon lights flash on the real aircraft when it is operated the beacon lights flash a little faster. And the bottom beacon flashes totally different.  WHY??????? IDK   Is it suppose to, NO!  It's suppose to flash like the top!  I mean come on!  Then I've read a lot of reviews on the systems and flight dynamics and how the thing flies and seems like there are a lot of complaints on those as well and I would agree.  Carenado's beech 1900D is not up to par and I think for all of us who bought their product and paid and gave them all our money, they could at least respect our opinions, and stop being lazy about it,  and help us out by taking our suggestions and making us happy by making changes.  I just for one thing would like to hear a lot of your opinions on AVSIM here, all you flight simulators out there who have bought CARENADO's BEECH 1900D.  I hope someday we can get a lot of people to get carenado to make these changes to make their 1900D match the real 1900D.  So please.

Thanks, Connor

It's just my opinion.  I'm not trying to be harsh to carenado, but with the crappy customer service that I've had, I'm a little annoyed.

Thanks again.  Hope to hear from some carenado beech 1900d simmers.

Hmmm, I love mine ?  Just installed in P3Dv2.2 and having a great time with it. Flight dynamics seem plausible, the instruments crisp, the sounds great...

I actually find the single engine performance very well done, specially when this is an area where most FSX / P3D twins or multiprop fail miserably.

Night lighting also looks OK to me?

Well... it's probably just me with my pink eyes....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Considering this was posted at 1:50am, the grammar is sub par, and with only 7 posts in over 9 months; I'm chalking this up once again to a senseless rant. While Carenado isn't exactly know for their systems/custom designed code, they are the leader in modeling of aircraft. To suggest that they did a sub par job on something which they are known to excel in from the flight simulation community is a little absurd.

Please do some research before posting, plenty of real world pilots of the 1900D have given their thumbs up on the aircraft. Carenado has actively fixed user defined bugs in service packs.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Hmmm, I love mine ?  Just installed in P3Dv2.2 and having a great time with it. Flight dynamics seem plausible, the instruments crisp, the sounds great...

I actually find the single engine performance very well done, specially when this is an area where most FSX / P3D twins or multiprop fail miserably.

Night lighting also looks OK to me?

Well... it's probably just me with my pink eyes....

One more happy B1900 customer here!

Bert

The only thing that "bugs" me about this bird is the lack of good documentation.  Cabin pressurization is a good example...

Besides that - when I'm in a IFR flight - I'm way to busy to stare at exterior lights and wheel sizes - and I personally think that the interior lights are nicely done. Compare them to actual photos.

While I respect your opinion of being disappointed with the product you purchased - your post would be much more respectable if you didn't constantly exaggerate to prove a point: "the wheel sizes are not messed up by a mile." - Maybe a few inches at most. :rolleyes:

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

I think it's great that likes and dislikes can be posted here and we can see different perspectives. I personally love flying this airplane and am very happy with the graphics. I use it extensively on the Vatsim network as Great Lakes Aviation (GLA) for commuter flights and Ameriflight (AMF) for cargo runs.

I did get rid of that annoying 500 foot callout and what I would love to see is the passenger view out the window moved one seat up so that instead of just looking down the wing one could see the props turning, the engine profile, and still have a wing view. Is that possible?

Joe

Carenado did an outstanding job on the 1900D ... IMO.

I do not have a problem with their product support.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

My only complaint is the exterior shimmer with the rivets, other than that, I'm satisfied.

I finally bought this aircraft, I ve hesitate since long time now, I was going to buy the B200 but happy did get the B1900.

Before I purchase it, I had the Carenado Phenom100. In my opinion these 2 aircraft aren't disapinted at all but I like the B1900 better than the phenom for several reasons. It looks like it was better done than the Phenom.

I'm a happy B1900 owner.

anybody know of anyone who is good at painting textures?  I'm talking like spot on of a real aircraft paint scheme?  Or will anybody do one for me who is experienced at it?

Based on your critical review of the B1900 model details,  I would be reluctant to send you to a paint artist for a "spot on" custom job..

:unsure:

Bert

I just bought this plane for P3D yesterday, so my use so far is three or four 30 min to one hour flights. In P3D I do not think the sound is very good, so far. Also there is no docs that I can find that help you set up the plane for flight and to fly it. I mean by that how to manipulate the auto pilot and cabin pressurization system. I keep getting a warning light tor cabin pressure, but can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Yes, there is an extensive check list, but nothing that says "click here to turn on/off auto pilot", that type of help.

Howard