Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glynn

Aircraft that cannot have cockpit shadows turned on

Some aircraft do not seem to be able to have cockpit shadows turned on using the toolbox.

I would like to start a list of addons that are unable to have the shadowing turned on.

Two of mine to start the list, please add others that you have found and workarounds if possible.

Eaglesoft CX

Eaglesoft CJ1 v2

WS Simulations Piper PA46 Meridian

Lionheart Creations - Piper Pacer

Lionheart Creations - Fairchild 24

Lionheart Creations - Skylark

Lionheart Creations - Wittman Tailwind

Baytower's RV7. No work around that I've discovered.

EDIT: I take that back. Like a plonker, I selected the ordinary model and not the DX10 model. :rolleyes:

Every legacy model that was developed for FS9 but ported to FSX that I've tried. Apparently, the workaround is P3DV2. I've seen a legacy model (Cloud9 FS9 F-4 Phantom with FSX port by the guys at SOH) that I can not get VC shadows for with Steve's Fixer work perfectly in P3D.... now what I want to know is why???? :mad:

I have models released as native FSX models and in fact checking the model file in a hex editor shows that they are native and not port overs but they still cannot show shadows under DX10 but are fine under DX11.

For these addons DX toolbox gives the error "Cannot find SMAP Section in Model - Cannot process"

What does this mean ?