Sign in to follow this  

MJC Q400 patch 1.009 is out but no P3DV2.x :(

Folks,

As mentioned in a few other posts that I have read and commented on in the past.  While we have plans on making the Q400 Pilot and PRO P3D v2x compatible it will be done so when we are are close to or have completed development of the present on going PRO and TRAINING Editions.  We never gave a time frame of its completion.  

Regardless of the platform which we choose to fully invest out time with is our choice, and we have our reasons.  Also bear in mind the Q400 was originally designed for FSX.  P3D v2x while still in its somewhat infancy stages has great potential upon which we plan to expand upon.

Rob, it is difficult to say what may be causing the anomalies that you are experiencing without having a closer look.  The tests that we have run thus far on the P3D v2.1 and 2.2 have not yielded anything of which you mention or exhibit on your videos, but then  again my setting could be lower than what you may have configured on your rig.  There may be the need to do some fine tuning to the way the Q400 is within the P3D platform.

Thanks for sharing your findings
Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Rob, it is difficult to say what may be causing the anomalies that you are experiencing without having a closer look.  The tests that we have run thus far on the P3D v2.1 and 2.2 have not yielded anything of which you mention or exhibit on your videos, but then  again my setting could be lower than what you may have configured on your rig.  There may be the need to do some fine tuning to the way the Q400 is within the P3D platform.

Like I posted above P3DV2.0, no issue with the Q400 -- it was only after V2.1 where I encountered this issue (same hardware, same settings).

I've been experimenting with these values in the mjc84.ini:

; by default Dash-8 will not load it's tasks onto the CPU core where the FSX process runs
disableFSXCPUBypass=1
; Here one can specify which CPU cores the certain function threads will prefer to run
; 1 bit per core. For example, 2=CPUid2, 4=CPUid3, 6=CPUid2+3  Only takes effect if disableFSXCPUBypass is not 0
systemThreadsCPUMask=3
graphicsThreadCPUMask=3072

My AffinityMask for P3D is currently: AffinityMask=1020  ... I'm i7 3960X so this leaves cores 0/1 and cores 10/11 free.  The above documentation is a little unclear ... does it follow the standard AffinityMask that P3D/FSX use?  I have tried various combinations of above but they don't seem to make much of a difference.  But if you have recommendations I'm willing to try.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, did you try pressing Ctl Alt Del and setting affinity via Windows Control Panel regardless of affinity mask setting in P3d?

Yes, in most cases (on my system) changing affinity this way will induce more stutters and performance issues.

But keep the suggestions coming, I certainly do appreciate you folks taking the time to provide ideas.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm getting a pretty smooth ride on a rather mediocre system with these settings (maybe give it another try):

Vsync off, Tripple Buffer off, Unlimited Frames (Nvidia-Driver is Set to "Adaptive" VSync)

P3D.exe set balanced over all (four) cores in my case

Outside View: Set "Locked Spot" after loading the Aircraft (!)

No special tweaks in P3D Config (Affinity Mask is 14, after EXE start, i'm overriding to "All Cores" in Task-Manager)

Cheers, John

These guys from Majestic are amazing! THey're continously making the product better, with quicker than anybody else patchs, and I believe P3D adaptation will be totally worth the wait, even if they charge for it.

Alexis Mefano

These guys from Majestic are amazing!

Alec, that is very kind of you to say, and more true than most people will know.  I've never seen anyone work harder than the owner of Majestic. He's one driven and involved guy, and hands down a genius. Plus he's an incredibly kind and caring person, and that isn't often found with genius.

We just came off of a week where we received 4 updates to the professional package, and I hear from the owner almost daily on changes, questions, things to look at and test.  He's got a full time job, and yet he still spends 12+ hours a day working on the Dash 8.

Guys, I'm telling you, this is one developer who deserves our respect and admiration - he's so dedicated to the community, and he doesn't settle on anything! 

If you don't own the Dash 8, you should give this amazing piece of art a try.

Oh, I can't wait for you guys to experience the Pro version. OMG!  It's going to open the community up to the most realistic experience - shared cockpit in a full up simulator.  Flying shared cockpit, using CRM, on VATSIM (especially during an event) is the pinnacle of flight simulation.

Man, all this Dash talking just fired me up for a flight in the beast. Off to boot it up.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yeah, this aircraft is just amazing (ruins "any" other plane for me)! :)

To the OP. I see what you see online in outside views, which I am thankful as I very rarely go outside the plane. Inside though is smooth as butter. I have the new patch, and it works 100% with V2.2 other than having to disable the MipMaps in the cockpit which I am unsure what they do anyways.

Have not had an issue with it, and have flown it since my P3D install on Friday with nothing but that outside view stutter. Man she works perfect.

I just wish I knew how to get Opus Cameras working with it, because even in FSX, Opus, TrackIR, and the Dash8 never worked right for me. I got horrible screen flickers.

The outside view "stutter" can be fixed by switching from "Spot" to "Locked Spot" (Views -> View Mode -> Outside -> Locked Spot)

You only have to do this one time (after aircraft is loaded).

I noticed that almost no one has a flight plan loaded on video when showing this amazing plane. I have it, but I just haven't the time to learn it properly yet.

Thanks

I noticed that almost no one has a flight plan loaded on video when showing this amazing plane. I have it, but I just haven't the time to learn it properly yet.

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you looking for a video demonstrating how to load a flight plan into the FMS?  There are several on Twitch and you tube.  Try my group's channel at www.twitch.tv/ovpa , there should be several there.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.