Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Night Lighting in Los_Angeles_San_Diego UltraRes

Just downloaded and installed the latest MSE V2 Los Angeles and San Diego Ultra Res and there's night lighting in the LAX area at least. The regular MegaScenery MSE V2 scenery released for California did not have very good night lighting and, in fact, it was blocky and really ugly. Here's a couple pictures to show the night lighting near Los Angeles:

EDIT:  this is with MegaSceneryX SoCal also enabled and sitting under the Los Angeles/San Diego entry in the Scenery Library.

YfbVM.jpg

wuBU0.jpg

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guess you will need to turn it off if you use Night Environment California, I'm thinking.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Thanks for that Jim.. I was not going to get it since I didn't want to lose the night lighting.. Yes I am still using the old MS with autogens and night lighting.

I am thinking of getting this and then duplicating the autogens from the old version and placing this scenery on top of the So cal (MS).

Hmm.. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have MegaSceneryX SoCal but did not activate it. I had been using MSE V2 California w/SoCal activated above MSEV2 so that I could get rid of the blocky night lighting around LA. It looks like I can get rid of MegaSceneryX SoCal completely now as I don't ever use Autogen with photoscenery.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Are you sure you don't have something bleeding through, Jim?  My new MSE ultra res shows no night lighting on its own.  I do get the typical bleed through of the defult at distances.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I just looked at my Scenery.cfg and I DO have SoCal enabled BELOW this scenery. I apologize if that is what caused the night lighting to show.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I just checked again and it is definitely the MegaSceneryX SoCal that is bleeding through.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I still prefer the original MSE for night lighting.  I think that is the one you refer to as "blocky textures"?  I did pick up that new night lighting for California to see how it looks.  While ok, I get instant micro stutters when I use them.  The second I disable back to smoooth sailing.  If at the lowest setting.  Can't use them at highest as they bring my sim doen to single-digits.  Unflyable.   Not sure what others are seeing for this type of night lighting.

Now to be fair, I think they are actually just for FSX as I don't recall any mention they are P3D compatible but as I said I just wanted to give them a go.  For now it's the new MSE HD LA/SD for daytime and the original MSE for nighttime.  A good working combo.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hopefully the creator of Mega Scenery Earth 2.0 will include the night textures as he has been promising. Am waiting for Ultra Resolution Las Vegas to be released.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.