Sign in to follow this  
Don Emerson

Vpilot

Does it work on a networked PC please? Is it just a matter of installing it on the networked PC? Also there is another software in development by vat sim Aswell isn't there, that will be more in depth tha vpilot? Thanks Wayne.

Yes it supports networked PC's very well.  The latest version installs a second small application called a "traffic proxy" which is used on the FSX PC.  It's used to interface with FSX and the vPilot client over the wire on your secondary PC.  vPilot, when initially released, used only SimConnect to communicate over the wire.  Because of some networking latency issues in SimConnect, some people were experiencing stuttering movement of other aircraft when online.  Similar to what you would see in Squawkbox.  So Ross (Developer) wrote this second app to communicate over the wire, with it's own protocol, with vPilot and interface locally with FSX.  This resolve the stuttering movement of other aircraft.  Nice fluid motion now.

Simply install the client on both PC's.

Start ONLY the "traffic proxy" on your FSX PC then start FSX and load your aircraft at the gate.  Make sure you do this before you start your vPilot client on the other PC.  Good habit to get into!

Start the vPilot client on your networked PC and configure all your AI rules, PTT, etc from there.

That's it!  You should be good to go.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

I downloaded it when I heard of its release, and installed, but then found its missing many features of FSINN - so have stuck with FSINN for the moment. I was upset to read on the forum that many of these features will not be developed for it, which is a shame. I was hoping when I first heard about it that we were going to get a feature full new client for flying online to replace the now ageing and sometimes difficult to configure FSinn, But it seems they gone for simplicity, which is good in some ways to get more people easier onto the online network, but a shame still that in this day of online capabilities, they are not taking advantage of it.

It could have been really good to have utilised mobile tech etc to overcome some of the issues of long haul flying online, set up alerts etc to a mobile app, so if you were away from the cockpit when no ATC online it would alert you when they did. The Radar feature also very useful in FSinn when no ATC online for streaming yourself behind other traffic.

Maybe they will change their view and release another advanced tool, but for now Ill stick with FSINN, interesting to see they improved the smoothing of aircraft positions, but still not as good as Fsinn capable of with direct P2P

I downloaded it when I heard of its release, and installed, but then found its missing many features of FSINN - so have stuck with FSINN for the moment. I was upset to read on the forum that many of these features will not be developed for it, which is a shame. I was hoping when I first heard about it that we were going to get a feature full new client for flying online to replace the now ageing and sometimes difficult to configure FSinn, But it seems they gone for simplicity, which is good in some ways to get more people easier onto the online network, but a shame still that in this day of online capabilities, they are not taking advantage of it.

It could have been really good to have utilised mobile tech etc to overcome some of the issues of long haul flying online, set up alerts etc to a mobile app, so if you were away from the cockpit when no ATC online it would alert you when they did. The Radar feature also very useful in FSinn when no ATC online for streaming yourself behind other traffic.

Maybe they will change their view and release another advanced tool, but for now Ill stick with FSINN, interesting to see they improved the smoothing of aircraft positions, but still not as good as Fsinn capable of with direct P2P

Wait for the "Official" VATSIM Opensource client that they're working on.  It should have all the bells & whistles you'll ever need.

I had issues with FSInn a while back so I've been using SB4 for the longest time.  vPilot has been leaps and bounds better and so far very stable.  I use EFB/Plan-G and ASN so I have no need of any of those extras.

Just a reliable VATSIM connection and ATC comms and I'm good!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

All I have is WoAI models and it worked fine.  The MySimilarAirlineCodes text file additionally lets you add your VA prefix if it doesn't follow the ICAO standard.  So if one of my fellow DVA pilots logs into VATSIM using DVAxxxx instead of DALxxxx, vPilot knows to use the Delta models to represent him if I've added "DVA=DAL" in the MySimilarAirlineCodes file.

I know from a SimilarAircraftTypes.txt but not from a SimilarAirlinescodes.txt. How is it written? Like the SimilarAircraftTypes?

All I have is WoAI models and it worked fine.  The MySimilarAirlineCodes text file additionally lets you add your VA prefix if it doesn't follow the ICAO standard.  So if one of my fellow DVA pilots logs into VATSIM using DVAxxxx instead of DALxxxx, vPilot knows to use the Delta models to represent him if I've added "DVA=DAL" in the MySimilarAirlineCodes file.

Not sure where you got the idea that such a file exists ... it does not. There is a file for matching similar aircraft types, but not airline callsign prefixes.

I thought about adding such a file, but I realized that it's pretty rare that an airline actually changes its prefix. And when you fly online for DVA, you're supposed to use DAL, not DVA. (At least that's how it was when I flew for DVA.)

Not to mention, you can always duplicate the DAL rules in your .vmr file using DVA if you really want to.

-Ross

Not sure where you got the idea that such a file exists ... it does not. There is a file for matching similar aircraft types, but not airline callsign prefixes.

I thought about adding such a file, but I realized that it's pretty rare that an airline actually changes its prefix. And when you fly online for DVA, you're supposed to use DAL, not DVA. (At least that's how it was when I flew for DVA.)

Not to mention, you can always duplicate the DAL rules in your .vmr file using DVA if you really want to.

-Ross

Umm... I'm guessing you had absolutely nothing to do with VMR Generator, right?

MyAirlineCodes1.PNG

MyAirlineCodes2.PNG

MyAirlineCodes3.PNG

taken from: http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html#faq

Ahh, I see ... the way you worded your previous post made it sound like vPilot uses such a file.

No, I did not write that VMR generator.

-Ross

Yes it supports networked PC's very well.  The latest version installs a second small application called a "traffic proxy" which is used on the FSX PC.  It's used to interface with FSX and the vPilot client over the wire on your secondary PC.  vPilot, when initially released, used only SimConnect to communicate over the wire.  Because of some networking latency issues in SimConnect, some people were experiencing stuttering movement of other aircraft when online.  Similar to what you would see in Squawkbox.  So Ross (Developer) wrote this second app to communicate over the wire, with it's own protocol, with vPilot and interface locally with FSX.  This resolve the stuttering movement of other aircraft.  Nice fluid motion now.

Simply install the client on both PC's.

Start ONLY the "traffic proxy" on your FSX PC then start FSX and load your aircraft at the gate.  Make sure you do this before you start your vPilot client on the other PC.  Good habit to get into!

Start the vPilot client on your networked PC and configure all your AI rules, PTT, etc from there.

That's it!  You should be good to go.

Thanks Todd :)

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Yes it does, Alex

Are you 100% sure? Because it doesn't on my system, The MJCDash8 does though.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

If you're not happy with vpilot I suggest you wait for swift. 

I'm happy with vpilot in the meantime :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I fly only the PMDG 800, how do I integrate this model into VPilot..............

Brian.

I run PMDG and when using in windowed or full screen when I text thru vpilot while online and connected successfully it shuts down/pauses FSX, i then need to un-pause after text ?  Major pain as per flying VATSIM, I don't like the pause...

Is this correct ?

TIA