Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dasher7

Best Sceneries and aircraft to get?

Guest ba43

I would appreciate your help in finding out what the best add-on sceneries and aircraft are out there in your opinion. These could be payware or freeware. Please include suggestions, comments, etc. for different sceneries like SimFlyers, Fly Tampa, etc. Any other recommendations on aircraft, scenery are welcome. I'm looking to span the globe on this endeavor and not just the USA. Framerates are not an issue.Alienware Area-51 Desktop (Saucer Silver)Windows XP Pro SP-2Pentium4 3.8GHz 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz - 2 x 1024MB NVIDIA

I use a lot of addon scenery (both pay and freeware) but the package that's currently impressing me the most is a superb freeware package for norway called norwegian airports http://www.flightsim.no/norway/Norway's a great country to see from the air - especially at the moment with plenty of snow !!!Gary

Guest Herrie

Hi BA43,allthough I certainly have an opinion on this, I would suggest you browse through this forum or read the reviews. It is fun to go your own way in this. It took me a year to find out what I like (a lot actually, but immersion is a big issue), but hey, visiting AVSIM regularly is one of the nice aspects of this hobby.The last two addons I bought were the PMDG 737NG and Misty Fjords. Both terrific addons but worlds apart. Pushing buttons in the Boeing for quite a while before you can actually fly compared with taking of in a small plane in no time but in foggy weather in the impressive Alaskan scenery of Holger Sandmann. Both are rather expensive, but I am very happy with them.Herrie

Guest Lobaeux4

Probably the two best I've purchased, the FlyTampa San Diego scenery is absolutely fantastic! The other scenery, if it is a scenery, would have to be USA Roads, totally changed the sim for me, but Ultimate Terrain should be coming out soon, so I'd hold off on USA Roads and just buy that.Two aircraft? EASY! The Flight1 ATR and the PMDG NG, two totally different, yet fantastic aircraft. If you like to model the airliners, these are the two to get. 'Course the Level D 767 should be out soon as well, so that'll probably be a definite have as well. Ah, just get all three, you won't be disappointed.

Guest ponyboy

Here-here to FlyTampa San Diego (and mixed in with Megascenery for good measure).

Guest UweR

Hi, just a note on the Eaglesoft manual - it

Guest MarkM

Misty Fjords is the best of the best! As for aircrafts - I prefer Cessnas.

Guest Dasher7

I agree with the earlier poster that the Norwegian scenery is exceptional. Now there are both freeware airports, coastlines and today over at flightsim.no I got a Norwegian roads package. This is really an incredible freeware package.Also, Switzerland is covered to a large extent by Daniel Gauthier. His sceneries are really, really nice and efficient. Tip: Download all his stuff here at avsim then put ALL the scenery files (*.bgl) into one folder and ALL textures into one folder and overwrite. this saves you space and comp. work.Lots of other stuff too...have fun,-halfdan

Guest tcreagh

Try FLIGHT ONTARIO's Thunder Bay scenery...to be released for FS 9 in about 5 days...it's FREEWARE and it's a work that has taken our group approx a year to complete...1200 sq mi...custom land and water class and AI to boot...we hope to have it available by Mon at the earliest.Ted CreaghFlight Ontario

HI;Freeware;FSDZigns L049 Connie; Aval in AVSIM Library.Flight 1 C172,also aval from the library.Payware; "Wings of Power" WWII Acft set Aval @ COMP USA. The 172 is a vast improvement over the default acft. The L049 is quite simply GREAT.! IMHO. Evidently shared by "Bear"Cartright..as he rates it one of the top five addon aircraft of 2004,his review is available here on AVSIM. (Payware or Freeware BTW). The "Wings Of Power" set are a high quality "Bundle" at a VERYaffordable price. After my first few attempts at the L049 and the "**" B-29 I beganto REALLY believe someones sig lines on other forums...Might have beenTom Gibson's.."Jets are for kids".:-lol Now Clay,AKA Drac,AKA B-52 Driver, AKA L049 Movie Mogul, that wasn'taimed at you.:-) I'm an old SAC retread meself.:-beerchug What was the Mantra? "Peace is our profession"...War is only ourhobby.:-badteeth Denny

Best aircraft would be everything Flight1, Dreamfleet, and PMDG... :-hah Best scenery would have to be the FlyTampa stuff...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2