Sign in to follow this  
liketofly1

Still some black buildings

Hi,

I'm a happy user of your excellent DX10 Fixer... 

but I still have an issue with three of my (legacy) airports not showing building textures....there all black.

The Scenery affected is:

DAVOR PULJEVIC - CROATIAN AIRPORTS

and textures don't show at all neither day nor night, but they do show under DX9....

I've already set "Scenery" under Legacy tab - and unticked V2.0 Transparency Logic..... but no matter what I set, building Textures just don't show...

Now - Is this a typical "write off" scenery - or can it be fixed.....???

kind regards

Oberwinkler Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello, often black textures relate to another version of the airport. Try disabling the scenery and see what the airport then looks like

I have got this answer from Davor about the black textures on his croatian scenery :

" can't answer because i use standard dx9 and can't test sceneries in dx10. But if all other older sceneries designed 3-4 or more years ago works ok then the reason is maybe something else. It was very complicated to design sceneries for Fsx because with Sp2 they changed texture definition so some textures disaperd some becomed uncorrectly transparent. You must fixed them by some patches, and after introducing dx.10 again some things becomed maybe incompatible. It is different and almost imposible to correct old scenery, it is easier to make complitely new scenery according to last needs. So most of the new sceneries possibly works in dx10, but for older some incompatibilities can appear ".

Well I would ignore that.

The question was if you disable the scenery what do you see?

There are only 3 possibilities

it's an interference from another copy of the airport very common in these circumstances to see black buildings. Seem several times.

It's a fault in the scenery we can look for missing textues having ruled out get previous scenario. I have seen this once before

It's a new phenomena that I am unaware of

Hello Steve,

This is typical of the whole package:

Default FSX LDZA:

ldza-fsx.jpg

Davor LDZA:

ldza.jpg

Davor LDSP:

ldsp.jpg

Davor LDDU:

lddu.jpg

Uninstall the dx10sf libraries and confirm for me that the black buildings appear light blue.

If so they have missing textures. There seems a difference in the way dx9 engine and dx10 engine handles this.

Next step reinstall the libraries and enable missing texture alerts in fsx.cfg it's described in dx10sf manual else google. Record the missing textures.

There are then two approaches, contact the author and ask about the missing textures or create an invisible texture to use instead.

Well the buildings aren't light blue with the library uninstalled Steve:

LDDU - no library:

lddu_lib_off.jpg

Interesting, ok reinstall libraries and in debug disable general shader and tell me how it looks

General shader disabled in Debug and the scenery looks fine, no black buildings.

EDIT: Libraries were enabled.

Curious indeed, enable general shader and check buildings are black, then disable all the options on right hand side of debug, disable axis colour fix in other and report back

General shader re-enabled and buildings were black.

Right hand side of Debug disabled, Axis Colour was already disabled, buildings appear normal.in their textures.

Further - in Debug if I only deselect DX10 Transparency Bug Fix the buildings are ok.

Davor kindly gave me a sample and I now understand why it goes wrong.

Wow..... 

that really whent off..... Thanks Steve and Thanks Davor ....... you Developers - when working togeather, can really move things foreward....gg

Thanks to all of you!

Richard Oberwinkler

Finished the black textures on LDDU. Wonderful.

W8tCK.jpg

I also have this problem . How did you guys fix this ?

I have this problem with V2.3 where can i find the fix ?

Your FlightSim Store account products..

Your FlightSim Store account products..

I already have Steve Dx10 V2.3 Fix . My question was how can i fix the black textures that i see at high altitudes? These black textures appears on airports when flying at high altitudes. I never had this issue with V2.2

I already have Steve Dx10 V2.3 Fix . My question was how can i fix the black textures that i see at high altitudes? These black textures appears on airports when flying at high altitudes. I never had this issue with V2.2

Contrary to the OP's post and my confirmation you didn't have black buildings at DAVOR PULJEVIC - CROATIAN AIRPORTS with v2.2?

Contrary to the OP's post and my confirmation you didn't have black buildings at DAVOR PULJEVIC - CROATIAN AIRPORTS with v2.2?

No i didn't i didn't had any black textures with  V2.2 . Now with V2.3 i have black texture at all airports but only when above 20,000Feet Or lower . It's so strange but when i'm  at the airport everything seems normal no black texture. Flying above Davor PULJEVIC CROTIAN AIRPORTS i would see those black textures at high altitudes . It looks like squares on the runway. I thought it was only Davor PULJEVIC airports but it is all airport.

I checked Davor's LDDU scenery this morning from ground to 15000' and there were no issues with black buildings.

Did you follow the update guidelines of un-installing the libraries, running the v2.3 installer, then re-installing the libraries?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this