Sign in to follow this  
cavcpt

New Computer Build and PMDG Licenses

Brothers, 

In order to correct the PMDG issues I am having as a result of my ASUS ROG motherboard, the good people at Jetline Systems are replacing my motherboard with a new, upgraded, and non-Asus board. This unfortunately will require a re-install of Windows and of course my entire FSX infrastructure. 

Ugh. 

Will I have any issues with my PMDG products working on what will essentially be recognized as a new computer? 

Thanks as always, 

Stephen Luebbert

After purchasing a PMDG product you'll have a year to re-download it (that's 365 days, in case you were thinking of leap years). After that year you won't be able to download it back. I've saved my 737 & 777 installers, as well as every other FSX addon I've purchased, onto an external storage device, along with a .txt file with my serials on it.

I've reinstalled them on my new system with no problem.

Dickens, on 11 Jun 2014 - 4:01 PM, said:

After purchasing a PMDG product you'll have a year to re-download it (that's 365 days, in case you were thinking of leap years). After that year you won't be able to download it back. I've saved my 737 & 777 installers, as well as every other FSX addon I've purchased, onto an external storage device, along with a .txt file with my serials on it.

I've reinstalled them on my new system with no problem.

Before trashing the old installation, open up each PMDG product in FSX and deactivate your license via the FMS.

It is not the download but the activation that counts, similar to Windows or Office. I believe PMDG allow a couple of activations before blocking you.

If you get an activation error, just write us a support ticket explaining the situation and we'll take care of it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Before trashing the old installation, open up each PMDG product in FSX and deactivate your license via the FMS.

It is not the download but the activation that counts, similar to Windows or Office. I believe PMDG allow a couple of activations before blocking you.

Thanks, didn't know about having to deactivate the licence.

Thanks, didn't know about having to deactivate the licence.
Its under PMDG part of the FMC menu. Good luck!

Hi there!

I've also purchased a new rig, and I'm having an activation error. Previous laptop had issues with FSX so I did multiple reinstalls (on a same machine).

As I purchased a new rig, installed FSX - now having an activation issues. Opened a ticket on Friday (2 days ago, however still no reply). Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Predrag Danicic

They try to respond within a business day... you didn't mention if it was early or late Friday. Give 'em a reasonable amount of time to respond to your ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

Stephen:

I was in the same boat, had a problem with my system, also built by Jetline and they have replaced the ASUS MB.  I always make sure I keep copies of the installers on a external USB drive and along with a spreadsheet of all the license files. Using those two items to reinstall all my FSX stuff.  Have had no problem with any of the PMDG aircraft or any of the other addons I've purchased, just time consuming.  And I can say actually made the tutorial flight with the PMDG 777 with no problems, that makes me happy.

After that year, you can purchase the extended download for which ever PMDG aircraft you have and be able to download for another year.

Harry Nelson

Ryan, I am also planning to get a new rig. (From Inter Core Duo to i7 4770K haha  :P ). Thus, I am able to send you guys a support ticket with a new registration key?

- How are the performance with the NGX/777X on a i7 4770K and GTX 780 (not 780 Ti) with some extra add-ons?

Gents-

Our activation system is "relatively" intelligent and will allow small changes to a system over time.  If it senses a large change that causes it to insist upon reactivation- simply plug your activation key into the window when asked to do so.

In most all cases you will then be off and running again without further ado.

If you have any trouble- just reach out to us at support and we will endeavor to help you get back up and running!

Please don't be concerned that some hardware changes will cause you to get locked forever out of your activation capability.  We can quite easily tell the difference between upgrades and "Abuse."

We are here to help...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Everybody can use the same activation code on 2 computers simultaneously so if you open the FMC, PMDG setup, then press deactivation on your old computer (while connected to the internet) before you "throw it away", when your new one arrives you can easily activate it without hassle. 

Of course, if your existing computer has a sudden death you can't deactivate it and may run out of quota.

Hope this helps. BTW, if may also be a good habit to wipe your hard disk of sensitive personal data before your upgrade.

Francis