Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

ACCU-Feel v2.1 migration....

Sooo... is there any benefit to using Accufeel in airliners?

For example, when I use the AXE the VC seems to get buffeted around already in turbulence, but is this perhaps the built-in head movement.

If so, does Accufeel disable the built-in movement?

Thx

Thanks Mitch..

I assume that Accu-Feel works OK with P3D v2.3?

Thanks for all the positive thoughts you give to we simmers, you really make my day with some of your enthusiastic posts here.....

Bruce.

Thanks Mitch..

I assume that Accu-Feel works OK with P3D v2.3?

Thanks for all the positive thoughts you give to we simmers, you really make my day with some of your enthusiastic posts here.....

Bruce.

Absolutely....just as in FSX...and it acts upon ANYTHING found in your SimObjects/Aircraft Folder.   Planes, boats....etc.  You can also edit each plane, boat...with so many variable masks...that you will dial in to what you want, trust me!  This  is as much a must-have, as ASN, or ORBX Global.  You only have 20 percent of immersion, without this dandy acting upon the aircraft....and thanks for the words of encouragement. 

Mitch

Sooo... is there any benefit to using Accufeel in airliners?

For example, when I use the AXE the VC seems to get buffeted around already in turbulence, but is this perhaps the built-in head movement.

If so, does Accufeel disable the built-in movement?

Thx

If it disables, that I can not tell you...but it will add brake squeal, tire interplay with the ground, kinetic forces upon the airframe....buffeting, stall...all of it.  A must have!

How does this interact with ffb sticks and yokes, though? Does it send any feed-back to hid devices?

Jazz

Hi has anybody noticed any effect on Fps when using Acufeel in P3d v2.3

thanks

peter

but it will add brake squeal, tire interplay with the ground, kinetic forces upon the airframe....buffeting, stall...all of it.  A must have!

Just be aware that "side forces" does not work well with larger aircraft. I spent weeks trying to figure out why my larger aircraft were rocking from side to side and running off the side of the runway until I found a post on SOH saying to turn OFF or REDUCE side forces in accufeel. This solved the problem.

I just use Accufeel for the tyre "squeal" on landing and extra cockpit noises. Nice little program.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

How does this interact with ffb sticks and yokes, though? Does it send any feed-back to hid devices?

Jazz

That I don't know, Jazz, I do not have an interactive device, but hear the stick shake and warning of impending stall...you hear it in wind buffet as the stall takes effect upon the wings....

Just be aware that "side forces" does not work well with larger aircraft. I spent weeks trying to figure out why my larger aircraft were rocking from side to side and running off the side of the runway until I found a post on SOH saying to turn OFF or REDUCE side forces in accufeel. This solved the problem.

I just use Accufeel for the tyre "squeal" on landing and extra cockpit noises. Nice little program.

That's interesting, for I did not have that 'out of control' effect upon such as a 737, A320, etc....   I feel a little bit of that effect in the C377, but not as to be run off of the runway to the sidelines.  Could that be your controller?  I use an AV8R-01 stick by Saitek. BTW, a phenomenal flight stick and work-horse! 

Thank-you Sesquashtoo. I have a ffb yoke on order, and was curious if Accu-feel would enhance the feed-back. That AV8R-01 stick is a very nice controller. It's of a better quality than their pro-flight stuff.

Jazz

Could that be your controller?

Don't think so - it was having the same effect whether using my MS FF joystick or Saitek Pro Yoke.

Not noticed it so much in P3D though.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I had nothing but trouble getting Accu-Feel to work in P3D 2.3. That probably says more about me than the excellent advice one can get on the forums. I finally installed with EMT and Virtual FSX on. Now it works like a charm. It seems to me that EMT is a very cost effective and highly functional tool to get up to speed in P3D. I for one would probably still be using FSX had it not been for this program.

Graham

I had Accufeel working fine in P3D v2.4 but it refuses to play ball in 2.5. Anyone got it to work OK?

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Yes, I have.

First, I placed the FSX.EXE file in my main P3Dv2 folder. I then ran the installer, changing the destination to my Prepar3D v2 installation. in my case

D:/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2

After this I created a DLL.XML file using Note pad and containing the following text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>A2A Service</Name>
  <Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
  <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
  <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
 </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>A2A Feel</Name>
  <Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
  <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
  <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
 </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Save this as DLL.XML (All Files (*) selected from the 'Save as Type' dropdown box - NOT 'Text Documents (*.txt)) , using the following path

C:/Users/Your Name/AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2.

I then ran the Accu-feel V2 update installer, again changing the destination to my main P3D v2 folder.

I've not tried this without the FSX.EXE file in my Prepar3D v2 main folder.

Hope this helps

Kevin