Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

On Top Of The U.S.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can I guess    :)

I think its the 'Tallest' (from base to peak) mountain in the world but not the highest in elevation.

but  shhh   it might be a secret so don't tell anyone   :D

Don't think so AirWayMan. I'm guessing the highest peak in North America. If so, it's where I'll be for vacation next year.

Had planned to go this year, but got roped into a Disney cruise with the granddaughters.

Nice Jack, I landed there myself a while back. I hope to see it next week if it is not weathered in.

Had planned to go this year, but got roped into a Disney cruise with the granddaughters.

6 hour flight with an Alaskan Airlines 737-800 into Anchorage. Land, sea and rail.  We will be deep into Denali NP as part of the trip. Disney World with the grandkids in October. Busy summer.

qQUfuQa.jpg

Steve

Great trip, Steve. I expect a lot of screenshots on your return. Μ

:lol:

As Rick mentioned, Denali (McKinley) is not the highest base to peak in the world, and not even in the Americas. The Chimborazo as measured from its submarine base to its peak is much higher. Not only that, but since it is almost on the Equator, Chimborazo is the farthest peak from the center of the Earth, not even excluding Everest! Therefore, in absolute terms, the highest into the atmosphere, if any of this really matters. Because all those mountains are really, really high! :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Good info Luis.

Steve, you will enjoy your trip I'm sure. It is basically the same one I had planned except the wife and I were going to do it in a rented motorhome.

Our plan is to fly into Anchorage and camp our way to Fairbanks seeing everything possible for us in between. Next year though due to the cruise in the Caribbean. I don't mind though as we always said we would go on our granddaughters first cruise.

Nice pics Jack. Thanks for posting them.