Sign in to follow this  
calooom

DoveTail Games Buys Licensing Deal with Microsoft

but the full World edition is still $87

This price is low to be honest. You have gamers spending $70 for deluxe editions of video games with competition times of 12hrs or less..  So $87 for a simulator that covers the world isn't all that outrageous really. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

If it goes the way many in here think it is going to go with DTG and things play out like the user above says come 2015 about not being able to use your fsx copy unless you pay them then something is going to give. I cannot see companies like Aerosoft, Orbx and PMDG paying DTG a percentage of their sales to them in the future. I just can't see it. Most people who will get it from DTG in the future will mess around with it, fly planes in loops, crash them on purpose and do other dumb stuff with it and then quickly grow bored and move on. They will not care about scenery, landclass, mesh, airport scenery, etc.... other other hand I cannot see these companies mentioned above sitting by and waiting for the above to come to pass. I don't know what is going to happen but it will be interesting.

Eric 

When this speculation was announced over a month ago

It wasn't speculation, as the reality today shows.

Exactly. And then there is folks like me who come off like we have an axe to grind with DTG.. And that's only because we do.. We've first hand experience dealing their business tactics and greatly shifting degrees of QA in their products. 

Again I'll post this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/06/train-simulator-2014-developer-hiding-negative-steam-user-reviews-flagged-as-off-topic/

That's less than a year ago. This company is not your friend or in anything for your best interests.. 

Agreed on both comments here. 

And for the record, I was a loyal Railworks 2012 up unto TS2014 DTG consumer/customer/player.

(But I knew something was up when the old ggmaxx (that's misspelled intentionally btw) p42 Genesis wasn't available for purchase anymore -that's getting way too off topic here now for most reading...nor will I get into the fiasco/ripoff that is going to be Unreal Engine 4 for current ts2014 customers -another topic altogether also...)

The part that irks me about all of this is that they made it very public and made a big deal about hiring the EA peeps. In my eyes, all bets were off then...

I won't mention who the CEO of EA was at the time that EA pulled the plug on my (and about 100,000 other subscribers) two TWO subscriptions.

(You can Google that for yourself, and then keep that info to yourself, because I don't feel like getting hit with libel/slander accusational bs from anyone or this site.)

EA made the promise to refund ALL the paid subscriptions -especially those that JUST RENEWED - but skipped town, just like that EA CEO did. In short, you (meaning me) were truly SOL.

I was out over $100 over that deal, w/two subs and some p2p addon content. Many more players were RIPPED OFF for much more $$$. Much more.

It's only a 100 bucks, but it might as well been 100 million -a thief is a thief- especially when it's a high paid CEO would made money from stealing money out of my pocket, coincidentally, at the time of his exit from TWO.

EA made a lot of my gaming $$$, since 1999. Why I kept giving it to them is beyond me...

It would have been much better if they never made the promise of a refund on the TWO fiasco. I can eat that a little bit easier rather than being lied to by a corporation that made over 750 MILLION dollars off of the Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf franchise in ten years.

Lied to by the very same people DTG hired two months ago...and now they are running FSX?

YES, I GOT AN AXE TO GRIND. These aren't assumptions, these are facts -facts backed up with my bank account.

Who's to say it won't happen again? I'm saying it probably will, because in my view thieves don't care who they rip off.

I'm not gonna say outright who the thieves are -read between the lines. If that certain CEO would confront me personally, I'd have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER telling him who a thief was...

People need to look at history and quit accusing people of assuming. This company has a history anyone can look at.

See above quoted post...

Let's put all the naiveté aside. We all know history can be altered, especially on the Internet. You throw enough money at a problem, it will go away. This company has tons of $$$, and imo scrupulous people working for them -again, see above post. It's been proven that DTG can clean up messes on other sites, especially on Steam, and especially in the social media outlets. 

But I'm the one making assumptions...right...

There's no assumption on my part about this little tidbit: imo DTG will be the downfall of FSX -in a year's time maybe. Tops. 

It was a month ago. Did you have some info we didn't know about then? No. No one did.

And being no one seems to have anything in concrete as far as any future info goes, it still is all speculation as far as I'm concerned...all we got then were sketchy details at best.

Same goes for now, sketchy details...then everyone wonders why people are getting in a furor over this announcement these days...

No one will know anything up until the last moment, then indeed it will all be fact -and by then imo it'll be too late to do anything about it anyways...

Flyon.. I would NOT question what info Tom does or doesn't have information to. He's proven more times than I have fingers on both hands he has more knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes in factual detail then we'll ever actually know.  People trust him for a reason. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I was gonna question this, but upon further review, I won't. And by the looks of it, it looks like I can show myself the door, right?

But I will say this, risking a ban: all we had then -as we do now- are sketchy details at best. That still classifies as nothing more than speculation in my view.

By the time we will have any real facts, it'll be too late by then.

Btw, DTG loves all of this: any publicity -like all this banter, good or bad- is great publicity.

Maybe I'm wrong about all of this, we'll see -something tells me I'm not. I've been down this road before. Sayonara.

This price is low to be honest. You have gamers spending $70 for deluxe editions of video games with competition times of 12hrs or less..  So $87 for a simulator that covers the world isn't all that outrageous really. 

Right, but casual gamers will care less about world geography, navaids, and runways than they will about seeing 3D airport graphics everywhere. The first question newbies ask on X-Plane forums is "Where are all the airport buildings and cities other than Seatac and Seattle? It's just bare runways out there!"

And then you have to go into an explanation about how there are many free user-made airports for download (I've done one myself -- 0S9) and some very good and still developing payware. The devs seem to be moving towards Open Street Map integration too, which should help in the long run for making larger cities look better (hint: you're gonna need a bigger computer!). But I don't know how that's going to work with the "casual" or newbie flight simmer on Steam, especially if they go to the Steam forums first. 

If you think there is drama about this whole situation here, wait until you see how both platforms are going to fare on the Steam forums. Especially if DTG follows their previous history on Steam forums. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Especially if DTG follows their previous history on Steam forums. 

HEhe. Have you ever seen DTGs Steam Community structure for TS 2014? They essentially have an entire TOS laid out for what you can and can't say on the Steam Community before you even get to the actual discussion forum. They literally take all the fun out of everything and are super paranoid about what people are saying and doing without their knowledge.  They are the biggest control freaks I've ever seen.

I mean look at this.. Have you ever seen a developer on Steam go to such excruciating extents to control words on the internet? 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/

It was speculation then. Did you have any inside info at the time? No, you didn't. No one did.

Did you read what was posted then? Have you read my posts before and since? I suggest you go back and do some "due diligence" on what you just said above, because what you have said comes close to calling me a liar. Not a really smart way to start out your posting career here.

Uneducated consumers/Uneducated voters, everybody loves 'em...   :Cuppa:

Since I'm on my way out...

Who the **** are you to calling anybody anything? Because you got a stupid 'Donor' tag by your screen name? **** off...

Since I'm on my way out...

Who the **** are you to calling anybody anything? Because you got a stupid 'Donor' tag by your screen name? **** off...

Well, you nailed that one on the head; you are now out.

Well, you nailed that one on the head; you are now out.

Wow, I was agreeing with him that's why I quoted his post... Talk about a mis-understanding...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Wow, I was agreeing with him that's why I quoted his post... Talk about a mis-understanding...

Never mind, he was doomed to be shown the door.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yeah, he was looking for a fight. When you are flying 40 feet AGL, slamming the stick forward is not really a great idea.

lol