Sign in to follow this  
Mo45

777 300 wing area

Well, no Idea really but seems to be some problem with the airframe, for safety reasons I'd suggest landing at the nearest suitable airport and let maint have a look at it....gg

Looks like an attach point to lift the wing with a crane or hoist.

Chuck Biggins

This has been blessed internally with the name; "That yellow thing" by yours truly  :lol:

Where the over-wing exit slide attaches to 

That's for the emergency exit! You can see it on the 737 too. It's an attach point for the guide rope. 

Cool thing about the manuals is that they tell you all kinds of cool things about the planes you fly...

FCOM 1.50.6

Granted, this one is a bit tougher because it's hard to search for "thing on wing that I don't know what it's called," but even a notional pass at the manuals would run you by the section that shows what this is.

Crack them open - I promise that you'll learn some cool stuff.

Kyle Rodgers

Looks like an attach point to lift the wing with a crane or hoist.

Why does it disappear when the plane takes off and appear when you land?  Attach point is fixed on the wing. you don't see it on 200LR.

Real 777-300 don't not see any Attach point is fixed 

ViewFromTheWing_thumb.jpg

PMDG 777-300

2014-7-19_10-35-36-469copy.jpg

Mo45

Can anybody try it and find out for yourself, what it is?  This is an external texture problem that needs to be seen to no matter how small.

Would appreciate your help to fix this.

Regards

Mo

Mo45

Can anybody try it and find out for yourself, what it is?  This is an external texture problem that needs to be seen to no matter how small.

Would appreciate your help to fix this.

Regards

Mo

Did you not see Kyle's post that gave the exact page in the FCOM that explains it?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Read the manuals? My goodness, what is the world coming to!!!!!!!!

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

Cool thing about the manuals is that they tell you all kinds of cool things about the planes you fly...

FCOM 1.50.6

Granted, this one is a bit tougher because it's hard to search for "thing on wing that I don't know what it's called," but even a notional pass at the manuals would run you by the section that shows what this is.

Crack them open - I promise that you'll learn some cool stuff.

Many thanks Kyle.

All the best

Mo

Mo45

Thank you Kyle and Ryan, however, I have looked at the manual as you suggested and I still couldn't find anything related to this.  The thing that has puzzled me, when the plane is on the ground it is sticking up through the wing on both sides.  As soon as you lift off and it goes down it has kind of vanished.  Then again as soon as you land it just comes through the wing and that cannot be right.  How come it doesn't happen on the 200LR model.  Could you try it yourself.  I'm sure this is not right.

Regards,

Mo

Mo45

I can't read the manual right now because I haven't bought the SP1/300ER, as I'm on the road.  However, aren't these lifeline anchor points required by reg in case of a water ditching?