Sign in to follow this  
Werner747

Handling dynamics with redesigned FBW Sytems

OK, thanks for your feedback.

Question:

Did the blip work with fsuipc?

OK, its more smooth now, but the issue still there like reported some posts up.

May be it's still under testing..

It made wonder if they found more problems, or if the trim problem is bigger than they thought? Because last we heard is that the fix was pretty much ready... 

Okay. I have FBW trim speed set to 180kts and flying 176kts. So trim is slight nose down. Now I want to trim further nose down so I push the trim button. But instead of increasing from 180 to let's say 190 it's blipping back to 176 and then increasing.

What I expect:

aircraft @176 and fbw @180 kts

trimming further nose down so fbw should increase to let's say 190 or so.

What I get:

aircraft @176 and fbw @180kts

now trimming and fbw speed is "blipping" back to 176 and only then is increasing while I press the button.

So the "blip" trimming is occuring everytime even if I press the button for more than 1 second but it shouldn't.

Edit: Following older PMDG tips I have the repeat rate of the trim buttons at 50%.

Why are you trimming away from the set speed? To change airspeed you would change the speed bug, accelerate then trim. Not trim then accelerate. If the trim reference doesn't move in the direction you expect initially so what? If you were flying without the reference speed displayed you wouldn't even notice.

I can see there may be an issue with how PMDG determine what is a "blip" trim and what is a continuous demand, but if you treat the sim as an aircraft then there isn't a problem.

ki9cAAb.jpg

This bird is so fantastic but i must admit the following.

The trim i only use to level the plane or achieve the current pitch and speed.

The determination of the angel or pitch i use the yoke as the plane will hold speed and pitch releasing the yoke as in CWS? Feels this way.

The above is with AT ON.

Correct me please if i am doing it wrong

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Has anyone else had an issue of the FBW fighting you?

Landed in Dubai an hour ago. On short final I wanted to pitch up just a tad, but pulling back on my CH Yoke didn't raise the nose. At one point I was pulling back FULL AFT on my yoke, and the nose didn't budge an inch. I let go and quickly pulled up as hard as I could and the nose "snapped" up as if the FBW had decided my input finally warranted a change in pitch. It was scary for a moment watching the Dubai threshold approaching at 300ft/min with full aft pressure.

I dunno. My CH Yoke is getting old in years. Maybe it was just the controller, but my NGX works flawlessly.

Anyone else encounter something similar? It's entirely possible it was just a failure on my part to trim properly?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Why are you trimming away from the set speed? To change airspeed you would change the speed bug, accelerate then trim. Not trim then accelerate. If the trim reference doesn't move in the direction you expect initially so what? If you were flying without the reference speed displayed you wouldn't even notice.

I can see there may be an issue with how PMDG determine what is a "blip" trim and what is a continuous demand, but if you treat the sim as an aircraft then there isn't a problem.

This is the problem..your expectation is not right..since difference between ur airspeed and trim reference speed is 5 knots or less the blip trim will reset ur fbw trim speed to current airspeed ans subsequent application will mobe it to 190

Sorry i did not want to quote you but the person whom you quoted

I am really confused why is it a problem with trimming with fbw trim speed cheat..i understand 777simmers perspective of having no feedback to understand when we r in trim or not..but using the fbw cheat its just damn easy..so for me the cheat gives a feedback when am in trim..once i get used to how it feels to be out of trim with my yoke when i dont apply the cheat i am sure it will also be easy

This is the problem..your expectation is not right..since difference between ur airspeed and trim reference speed is 5 knots or less the blip trim will reset ur fbw trim speed to current airspeed ans subsequent application will mobe it to 190

Sorry i did not want to quote you but the person whom you quoted

I am really confused why is it a problem with trimming with fbw trim speed cheat..i understand 777simmers perspective of having no feedback to understand when we r in trim or not..but using the fbw cheat its just damn easy..so for me the cheat gives a feedback when am in trim..once i get used to how it feels to be out of trim with my yoke when i dont apply the cheat i am sure it will also be easy

I would like to respond but find your unpunctuated post impossible to reply to. Sentences and paragraphs make things much easier to comprehend.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I agree.....very very hard to read.

I did not bother trying to understand where something start and end (the poster should not take that as offensive please.....just as a feedback!).

Rob Robson

I've experienced the trim issues described in this thread as well, so I won't add anything. My other issue is that the plane will oscillate ("porpoise") sometimes on approach. This is with the auto pilot engaged. Usually in FLCH mode. Never in climb or cruise.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Yeah typing on the mobile can sometimes become a pain when switching from alphabets to other characters