Sign in to follow this  
chipenz

FSX has stopped working after wind request

Hi guys, so I was going to fly a RPLL-RJAA flight today, I got everything set up including the routes. When I went to the route page and pressed the wind request version FSX gave me a stopped working message. Is there any fix? I am willing to give more information if needed

This happened to me as well last night, only no message, just a complete FSX freeze, had to use control panel to shut it down. Little frustrating, 4 hours into a 6 hour flight.

Hi guys, so I was going to fly a RPLL-RJAA flight today, I got everything set up including the routes. When I went to the route page and pressed the wind request version FSX gave me a stopped working message. Is there any fix? I am willing to give more information if needed

I have kinda the same issue if I accept the perf info the FMC gives me I get a ctd if I reject it and set it manually all is well.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Make surw your fsx and aan are working in administrator mode.

Otherwise you may need a clean install of 777.

PMDG says it will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the help guys!

PMDG says it will be fixed in the next update.

Hmmm I thought this bug would be fixed with SP1b?

In that case I will not use the weather upload. I don't want to ruin my several hours flights.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Hmmm I thought this bug would be fixed with SP1b?

In that case I will not use the weather upload. I don't want to ruin my several hours flights.

Have a look at the SP1b thread.  It specifically mentions what it was supposed to fix and what it wasn't.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry for the confusion guys, I just learned a few minutes ago that SP1b is indeed up. However, I haven't tested the wind request function out of fear of ruining the flights I have set up. I will try to test it out the next time I do a short flight and report back here. Thanks again guys

I will try to test it out the next time I do a short flight and report back here

Take one of your old FPs, load the plane on a runway (any runway - doesn't matter) and request the wind.  Should only take a few minutes, and then you won't have a fear of ruining a flight.  After your test, close the sim, reopen it, and go on your longer flight.

No sense in living in fear when a test only takes a few minutes.

Kyle Rodgers

That's actually a good idea. I'll check it out tomorrow after I arrive from school then. I'll make sure to report back here right after. Thanks guys!

Have a look at the SP1b thread.  It specifically mentions what it was supposed to fix and what it wasn't.

Yes Kyle I did and according to Robert's list of fixes this should be debuged.

[FREEZES - All Types] CTD when accepting PERF INIT data, or requesting WINDS, DES FORECAST (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.

Currently I request winds during taxi to the runway once. In case of CTD this is not as bad as if I get this during approach after a ten hours flight.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi