Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

Got My Extended Download Pmdg 777-200

Today I received my extended download for the 777-200.

Also coming from technical support says:All new downloads are fully up to date versions of the product in question and do not require any service updates as they are already integrated into the new installer.

Thus, I guess don't have to download sp1, is that right ? Secondly do I still have to delete panel states and saved flights for the PMDG 777.

Finally before installing the extended download, do I still have to delete my PMDG ngx, 600-700-800-900

Need help on these 3 questions. thanks, Ronny

Hello Ronny,

1. Question answer: You do not have to download Service Pack 1.

2. Question answer: You only have to delete saved panel states, if they were created with RTM version. If you created it with SP1 version, there is no need to delete the saved panel states.

3. Question answer: Extended Download is a service, it is not an installer, extended download service only exists in your account. Whenever the URL expires, you need to send a ticket to PMDG from the Re-Download department. There is no need to delete the NGX series.

Regards,

David

So Ithis is the way it should go since I have received my extended download;

1- I will do a clean install of 777-200, no sp1 needed.

2- buy 777-300

3- leave PMDG ngx alone even Avsim deliveries.

I guess that's it ??

What was the need of extended download when the original download link is available for 365 days? If I'm not wrong, its not been an year since the T7 was released right?

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I thought so too, but I think it is only 10 days. It did say 365 days just before SP1 was released, and that may have been to reduce the number of ext download request due to the busy SP1 and 300ER release period.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I thought so too, but I think it is only 10 days. It did say 365 days just before SP1 was released, and that may have been to reduce the number of ext download request due to the busy SP1 and 300ER release period.

I see! Thanks for the clarification. Gotta keep my files safe! :rolleyes:

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Actually, when you buy an addon from PMDG, it will give you only 7 days download, not 365 days. Something was messed up.

Actually, when you buy an addon from PMDG, it will give you only 7 days download, not 365 days. Something was messed up.

No  when I purchased  the t7  when it came out I had 365  days left ,  but when the sp1  came out  it was removed to 0, just as Julian(Badfinger) had the same  as me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

How long after I paid I get the link ?

It's not measured in hours but days. Could be today, tomorrow, or the next day. It depends on how busy PMDG is right now. The last time I purchased an extended download was for the NGX several months ago. Purchased on Friday and got the link Monday but the weekend was in there.

It's not measured in hours but days. Could be today, tomorrow, or the next day. It depends on how busy PMDG is right now. The last time I purchased an extended download was for the NGX several months ago. Purchased on Friday and got the link Monday but the weekend was in there.

thanks for the quick answer, pccubine

I have not received my link yet. PMDG does not answer my email. What can I do?

Step 1:
Download the installer

Step 2: Back up the installer everywhere. USB Flash drive, Burned onto CD-RW, Uploaded to personal google drive account etc etc.

Step 3: Install product

Step 4: install liveries you want to use.

Step 5: Run FSX.