Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Fibre Acclerator And Ut2 -Trap For New Players

I have recently installed Fibre Accelerator and use Ultimate Traffic 2 for my AI. I have just detected a trap for other such owners.

Here is the problem. The keyboard control (unchangeable as far as I know) for fibre accelerator is RSHIFT + RCTRL + F12. Guess what? The control for increasing AI density in UT2 is SHIFT + CTRL + 12 also unchangeable as far as I know. So whenever the FA control is operated it also increases the UT2 traffic density for both GA and airline traffic. Once the UT2 traffic percentage gets over gets over about 96%  you have  fallen into the spider's web, it doesn't  affect AI aircraft in that flight (except that increasing Ai traffic may ruin your frame rate). However, if you operate UT2 outside of FSX (to change repaints etc.) UT2 will fail with a subscript error. 

There is a rather clumsy way to get UT2 back outside of FSX which is to fire up FSX and reduce the value of UT2 add on traffic by Pressing SHIFT CTRL F11 a few times to bring the weekly and daily UI traffic down (10% per operation) until you guess that it is now less than 100%. 

Because both shortcuts appear to be fixed I cannot see a way out of this trap at this stage. So I will be laying of Fibre Accelerator until this issue is resolved by the producers of the products.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Tried Fiber Accelerator demo (only once although demo has 5 chances of 1 hour each)

it messed up my FSX with CTDs

So - uninstalled.

Sorry

The Fibre keyboard shortcut is configurable.  There are instructions on page 20 in the Fibre manual about how to change the keyboard shortcut to whatever you want.  A very simple thing to do through the program .xml file. 

You can also assign UT2 key combos in the UT2 UI. So really its a non-issue if you just open the UT2 UI and assign those features new key strokes or completely remove those key strokes from UT2 if you never use those features anyway.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you for putting me right guys however, my warning is still worthwhile for others to avoid the default keys trap. I never use the UT2 keys inside FSX so I didn't realise that FA was interfering with my Traffic which doesn't help when trying to keep frame rates up and when UT2 fails to operate outside of FSX panic set in.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I tried it as well, it all became a blurry mess outside.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

The program works well for me and as has been stated, the keystrokes are configurable. I think the biggest issue isn't so much that folks can't change key assignments but aren't thinking in terms of gaining 3 to 8 fps. Think how much the same gain would cost if you did it via hardware upgrades. It's damn expensive!

Manage your expectations and you'll enjoy what the program is trying to do.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

The moral to this all is "Try the Demo". It seems to work for some and not so much for others.

The program works very well if you use it as it is meant to be.

Read the manuel....

If you have blurries you either have set the framerate or sliders to high for your system.

Without FSX FA it did not show before as blurries but as a not smooth running Fs.

Many people accept microstutters / jitters as a part of FSX and call their system smooth...

I tried FSX FA on 3 systems and got it working smooth on all 3.

Only one system was mine. The other 2 from fellow flightsimmers who also experinced blurries when using FSX FA.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The program works very well if you use it as it is meant to be.

Read the manuel....

If you have blurries you either have set the framerate or sliders to high for your system.

Without FSX FA it did not show before as blurries but as a not smooth running Fs.

Many people accept microstutters / jitters as a part of FSX and call their system smooth...

I tried FSX FA on 3 systems and got it working smooth on all 3.

Only one system was mine. The other 2 from fellow flightsimmers who also experinced blurries when using FSX FA.

Maybe I should have said, "For some it is not worth $30 plus dollars to get rid of a few imperfections". Only trying the demo will tell whether or not it is worth it.

....Only trying the demo will tell whether or not it is worth it.

That should have been:

Only trying correctly the demo...

Because some expect the app to.. configure itself, and deliver miracles from minute zero. The demo is there mostly to confirm application ability to start on a system, but it "actually works" on ALL systems. Whether user actually finds that  out or not...

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg